lvg 16 50.00%
pep 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-10-2015, 06:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not sure where this 'special interest' between Pep and United has come from. Genuine question.

I do know though that there is a special interest between him and the berts. Augero coming out with shit like that doesn't exactly pour water on the whole thing.

Hope it's heavy petting from both side like siders says until a better offer comes along from United. Not sure pep would string his old bosses along like that though so my money is on him being in charge of city by the start of nex season.
Like I said before, it's been suggested more than once by sources close to him. Just like all these leaks about the City job are coming from sources at high up at City. Nothing on the record either way. The belief is that he likes United; that doesn't mean he'd go to the end of the earth to make sure he gets the job. Just that he's particularly fond of United, that's it.

A passage from the book written by the guy who basically was glued to him for a year:

Quote:
“It was 4 May 2011, and the pair sat together in the stands of Old Trafford watching Sir Alex Ferguson’s team beat Schalke 4-1. Once again Pep had turned to his friend and said: ‘I like this atmosphere. I could see myself coaching here one day.’ Guardiola has always felt a deep admiration, almost veneration, for the legendary teams and players of Europe.”
There's no way Pep is above taking a job with a plastic, of course. Especially if United aren't actually showing interest at the moment. So it makes sense that he wouldn't reject them when they make contact long before his Bayern contract is up. It also makes sense that City wouldn't keep negotiations to themselves as they're so driven by ego and validation. Ultimately, verbal agreements mean nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I question Pep's special interest in United after Freggie said he didn't hear back from him.

Maybe now that we've splashed a bit of cash he'll be more inclined to call us back.
If I recall correctly Pep spoke about the meeting shortly after it actually happened and said he struggled to understand Fergie
Closed Thread