Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2015, 11:04 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
This thread was second pal.

Someone pm'd me and begged me to make the thread so I did
Wow. Thought PMs were meant to be private chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I suggested this thread in the other poll, pol.

Pep is the next part of LvG's process. Would be a shame if the Big Man has to step aside to make it happen, but needs must
What if he goes to City as is widely expected?

I really don't want Ancelotti.

Unread 11-10-2015, 11:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Wow. Thought PMs were meant to be private chief.

What if he goes to City as is widely expected?

I really don't want Ancelotti.
Tbh pal I'm not sure it's widely expected anywhere but the Middle East tbh. Bayern still hoping he will do another year there and reports in Spain are that it's a loose verbal agreement with City at absolute best. I think United would have first dibs on him, I just hope he'll either stay another year at Bayern or take another sabbatical.

Klopp to the scousers doesn't bother me too much, but Pep at City is another matter. Could they bin Pellegrini if he wins the league this season, though? Suppose further Champions League failure would be the excuse.

On a separate issue I'm not sure the whole thing of van Gaal being expected to leave in 2017 is healthy. They'd do well to leave at least a degree of uncertainty imo. Don't think it helps when the players know that information, as we saw with Fergie in 2001.

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Tbh pal I'm not sure it's widely expected anywhere but the Middle East tbh.
There's such a thing as too much honesty.

Unread 11-10-2015, 02:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Tbh pal I'm not sure it's widely expected anywhere but the Middle East tbh. Bayern still hoping he will do another year there and reports in Spain are that it's a loose verbal agreement with City at absolute best. I think United would have first dibs on him, I just hope he'll either stay another year at Bayern or take another sabbatical.

Klopp to the scousers doesn't bother me too much, but Pep at City is another matter. Could they bin Pellegrini if he wins the league this season, though? Suppose further Champions League failure would be the excuse.

On a separate issue I'm not sure the whole thing of van Gaal being expected to leave in 2017 is healthy. They'd do well to leave at least a degree of uncertainty imo. Don't think it helps when the players know that information, as we saw with Fergie in 2001.
I have a contact who is in with the city hierarchy and they think it's pretty much a certainty unless Pelli wins the champs league or something stupid. Put it this way, they've had talks and they are very confident. Obviously things can change but him taking over from lvg really has no basis as far as I'm aware.

Unread 11-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I have a contact who is in with the city hierarchy and they think it's pretty much a certainty unless Pelli wins the champs league or something stupid. Put it this way, they've had talks and they are very confident. Obviously things can change but him taking over from lvg really has no basis as far as I'm aware.
Surely they can't go cap in hand to Pep and offer him a deal dependant on Pellegrini not winning the CL?

Talk to your source and recite my comment verbatim.

Don't name me though.

Unread 11-10-2015, 05:20 PM
angrydimaria

Pep please. Boring pep > Boring LVG.

Would have loved Klopp. That ship has sailed.

Maybe Tuchel? But the squad that LVG will leave will be very unsuited to his philosophy.

Anyone but giggs please

Unread 11-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria

Maybe Tuchel? But the squad that LVG will leave will be very unsuited to his philosophy.

Anyone but giggs please
I like him.

If we weren't already £#%&!ed I'd be pleased if he got the chance.

Pep - he seems something of a #@&%!.

Unread 11-10-2015, 05:38 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I like him.

If we weren't already £#%&!ed I'd be pleased if he got the chance.

Pep - he seems something of a #@&%!.
The taking a year off and living in New York struck me as a bit pretentious, he's done well with great squads, which I'm not sure we have.

Unread 11-10-2015, 06:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Quote:
Tbh pal I'm not sure it's widely expected anywhere but the Middle East tbh.
As I say, basically

They thought they were getting Kaka. Moyes thought he was getting Cesc. Pep can and no surprise would keep his options open, but the United job isn't available atm. It's well known he has a specific attraction to United. Obviously if we don't go for him that won't matter.

Quote:

Anyone but giggs please
Tuchel who boring Pep smashed 5-1 last week, pal?

Unread 11-10-2015, 08:32 PM
My Name is Keith

Kaka? Things have moved on there a bit since then pal.

From what I understand, it's a bit more than pep keeping his options open. But I'm sure that part of it. The previous view on here was that pep would never contemplate one of the plastics - it sounds like he will.

Be interesting if both city/United jobs came up - which one he would take.

Unread 11-10-2015, 09:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Kaka? Things have moved on there a bit since then pal.

From what I understand, it's a bit more than pep keeping his options open. But I'm sure that part of it. The previous view on here was that pep would never contemplate one of the plastics - it sounds like he will.

Be interesting if both city/United jobs came up - which one he would take.
Sure. All I was getting at is that these reports of him agreeing to join City emerging from the Middle East are clearly being fed by City's owners. So they are confident. Just not sure it means all that much, basically. Clubs are led on by players/managers all the time.

Oh no doubt Pep would work at a plastic. He's been in bed with the Qataris for a long time. But people with decent sources close to him suggest he would take the United job first. Indeed the book about him had a good line about United.

I fancy Bayern for the Champions League this season. That could make him tempted to stay there, or could lead to an interesting situation next summer. As much as I like what van Gaal is doing, not sure United should allow themselves to miss out on Pep.

Unread 11-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Sure. All I was getting at is that these reports of him agreeing to join City emerging from the Middle East are clearly being fed by City's owners. So they are confident. Just not sure it means all that much, basically. Clubs are led on by players/managers all the time.

Oh no doubt Pep would work at a plastic. He's been in bed with the Qataris for a long time. But people with decent sources close to him suggest he would take the United job first. Indeed the book about him had a good line about United.

I fancy Bayern for the Champions League this season. That could make him tempted to stay there, or could lead to an interesting situation next summer. As much as I like what van Gaal is doing, not sure United should allow themselves to miss out on Pep.
Yep. If it's not Pep it'll be Giggs, with Butt as his assistant, Scholes in charge of dry sarcasm, Beckham sartorial policy and Pip Neville straightening the half-time oranges.

Hope someone bttts this when Giggs wins the Treble

Unread 11-10-2015, 11:11 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
As I say, basically

They thought they were getting Kaka. Moyes thought he was getting Cesc. Pep can and no surprise would keep his options open, but the United job isn't available atm. It's well known he has a specific attraction to United. Obviously if we don't go for him that won't matter.

Tuchel who boring Pep smashed 5-1 last week, pal?
give tuchel Pep's squad and Pep dortmund's, the result would be the tuchel's team hammering pep's team.

Unread 12-10-2015, 04:07 PM
angrydimaria

Aguero on Pep

Quote:
“I would like to be coached by him in the future because he is a great coach, but today I’m so happy with Manuel Pellegrini,” said Aguero, who is likely to miss the next month after picking up a hamstring injury on international duty.

“It has been talked about a lot. I don’t know him, but he’s a great manager and it’s wonderful to have the best managers train you.

“I’m very good with Manuel Pellegrini, we talk a lot. I’m happy in the team and with him, but the club will be the one who chooses who comes in.”

Unread 12-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Pop

Quote:
Aguero on Pep

Unread 12-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Cream

I question Pep's special interest in United after Freggie said he didn't hear back from him.

Maybe now that we've splashed a bit of cash he'll be more inclined to call us back.

Unread 12-10-2015, 04:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I question Pep's special interest in United after Freggie said he didn't hear back from him.

Maybe now that we've splashed a bit of cash he'll be more inclined to call us back.
Not sure where this 'special interest' between Pep and United has come from. Genuine question.

I do know though that there is a special interest between him and the berts. Augero coming out with shit like that doesn't exactly pour water on the whole thing.

Hope it's heavy petting from both side like siders says until a better offer comes along from United. Not sure pep would string his old bosses along like that though so my money is on him being in charge of city by the start of nex season.

Unread 12-10-2015, 04:43 PM
itisme_panaflex

If he goes to city i would be amazed.

Unread 12-10-2015, 05:31 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
If he goes to city i would be amazed.
Be prepared to be amazed...

Unread 12-10-2015, 05:31 PM
irk

Where's the "neither" option? Pair of boring bastards.

Bring back big Ron
Closed Thread