United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Tiberian

It will put his career into perspective. He might be struggling now, on the downward path, but he has been a seriously good player for Utd. Significant as well, will end up taking our top all time scorer record, could be another 40 years before someone comes close to it again.

Plenty of criticism of Rooney down the years, much of it valid, but I think time will be kind to him, England and Utd top scorer, spectacular goals, selfless team play and that feisty early style will stand out more than the bad days.

Unread 04-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Pop

Can't wait. £#%&!ing love Rooney.

Unread 04-10-2015, 02:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It will put his career into perspective. He might be struggling now, on the downward path, but he has been a seriously good player for Utd. Significant as well, will end up taking our top all time scorer record, could be another 40 years before someone comes close to it again.

Plenty of criticism of Rooney down the years, much of it valid, but I think time will be kind to him, England and Utd top scorer, spectacular goals, selfless team play and that feisty early style will stand out more than the bad days.
Not a given right now, at least if this really is going to be his last season with us.

Unread 04-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not a given right now, at least if this really is going to be his last season with us.
Only needs 15, one good run this season will take him close, probably 40+ games remaining.

Unread 05-10-2015, 08:20 PM
barrington avenue

i hope you will all be glued to this show ?Englands and soon to be Uniteds greatest player ....

im surprised SKY even bothered showing the one on Cantona last night

Unread 05-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:

It's been pretty £#%&!ing cruel to him so far. He's not even thirty and looks like he just climbed out of a WWI trench.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:14 PM
TheFatGoth

Had to turn it off

Embarrassing

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:18 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Only needs 15, one good run this season will take him close, probably 40+ games remaining.
Hope he doesn't break the record

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Had to turn it off

Embarrassing
his kid is shit, hit the ball straight at his dad in goal, twice. footy on a tennis court ffs.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Had to turn it off

Embarrassing
What exactly were you expecting?

It's just a typical bit of documentary fluff tbh. Seems a nice guy. Don't like his missus

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Rhodzy

Sven looks ridiculous.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:33 PM
waynes ear's

Would rather shave my eyeballs with a glock than watch this @#%&!fest

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Ethers

Still going on about the Ronnie wink ffs

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Rhodzy

That sending off for chucking the ball back was ridiculous.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
"Would rather shave my eyeballs with a glock than watch this @#%&!fest"
- The Independent

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Forgot how hilarious that was. Ronnie

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Ethers

Jesus, that bit with Walcott and Cahill! Infinite cringes.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I still, to this day, think Ronnie was winking at his bench to say "I'm okay," as they were all screaming at him to get away from the ref, etc, thinking he was about to get sent off too.

A lot of people think he was saying, "Mission accomplished, I got him sent off."

Guess we'll never know. I think Ronnie kind of plays the latter aspect up a little just to needle Rooney.

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Clarkie

Spent 150 grand on a kitchen but only cooks beans.
Loves Steven Gerrard.
Kept the guitar that Noel Gallagher, spray painted blue and wrote the lyrics of blue moon on. Kept it in a glass case ffs

I thought this was supposed to make me like him?

Also, the lack of Fergie in this speaks volumes

Unread 05-10-2015, 09:57 PM
puressence

Great show top lad still has something to offer that break goal against Bolton possibly unreal him and Ronnie
Closed Thread