United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:22 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I've heard that he's going to have 'Nick Powell', in full, on the back of his shirt. They tried to talk him into dropping the 'Nick', but he wasn't having it. That's how confident he is.
Heard he's going for '£#%&! IT 23' myself.

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I've heard that he's going to have 'Nick Powell', in full, on the back of his shirt. They tried to talk him into dropping the 'Nick', but he wasn't having it. That's how confident he is.
just had a text from a mate and he has confirmed the above.

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
So we've got a lad who did a back heel for the reserves? What a relief, because I was really concerned for a second. Stop panicking everyone it's fine, yea, nothing to worry about. He's got this. Next season, we'll play better football than Brazil managed at the 1970 World Cup.
Spot on pal, The future's bright

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:25 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
the club has been built on a core of young players tbf. this isn't really something to be annoyed about is it?

if city had bought him everyone would be saying we can't even compete with lads from crewe ffs and so on.
I agree with you, but my point is we keep signing Dong, Manucho, Miller, Bebe, Obertan, that other @#%&! etc..for around £3-5 mill a time & NONE of them have come off. They all end up playing in the League Cup at the expense of our own academy players.
They NEVER make it..they never get in the first 11 & improve the side or the style of Football.

Nothing against this kid, but we don't need any more squad players. We need top drawer first teamers.
Fair play to the lad though. It's not his fault Fergie's lost his bottle & the Glazer's have bled the Club dry

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:26 AM
tatty

Peter Powell > Baden Powell > Nick Powell

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:28 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I agree with you, but my point is we keep signing Dong, Manucho, Miller, Bebe, Obertan, that other @#%&! etc..for around £3-5 mill a time & NONE of them have come off. They all end up playing in the League Cup at the expense of our own academy players.
They NEVER make it..they never get in the first 11 & improve the side or the style of Football.

Nothing against this kid, but we don't need any more squad players. We need top drawer first teamers.
Fair play to the lad though. It's not his fault Fergie's lost his bottle & the Glazer's have bled the Club dry
Miller?! Wasn't he signed about 9 £#%&!ing years ago? Not every signing is gonna be a success ffs. Agree we've signed some shite, but so does everyone. We've not done £#%&!ing bad! But yes, I know we desperately need to invest in quality now. But still. Some of the OTT shite spouted on here is

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:30 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

wouldn't be surprised to hear united announce a pre season game against butlins summer staff tbh

Baron

Who was the last 'value' signing that was a success?

jem

that article says nick powell is better than danny murphy.

well.... that's good enough for me. :0)

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:31 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Some of the OTT shite spouted on here is
Don't think anything over the top has been written tbh. In fact, it's been pretty mild, given what's going on at the club.

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Part 36 Offer

bagged the winnoh here as well

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:32 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Who was the last 'value' signing that was a success?
larsson
if that even counts

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Sloane

I'd rather we signed Enoch Powell tbh. He might haw been a shit chunt but at least he had a bit of passion.

Btw why would VDS have a £#%&!in desk?

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:33 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Some of the OTT shite spouted on here is
It is, but it's only lads letting off steam.
It's been a vile few weeks.

This Powell lad might be a star, or more likely he'll play a few Carling Cup matches before disappearing into the ether like so many before him.

I wouldn't mind so much if he was the appetiser before the main transfer course, but he won't be. They're probably only bringing him in to replace Pogba any way.

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:34 AM
jem

now we just need to buy jack wilshere and the world is ours.

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

right off to bed. latohs

tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Graeme Tomlinson (sp) in 93/94, club we bought him off through arbitration reckoned he was the next Alan Shearer and we were buying decades of domination.

Alan £#%&!ing Partridge more like.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
larsson
if that even counts
It doesn't.

Prior to Larsson ?

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:36 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Btw why would VDS have a £#%&!in desk?
it's where he used to log on.

Unread 20-05-2012, 12:36 AM
dragflick

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
So we've got a lad who did a back heel for the reserves? What a relief, because I was really concerned for a second. Stop panicking everyone it's fine, yea, nothing to worry about. He's got this. Next season, we'll play better football than Brazil managed at the 1970 World Cup.
£#%&! me, give it a rest you boring @#%&!. Yes we know. We don't need the same old shite regurgitated in some other hilarious quip about how shite/skint/£#%&!ed we are.

'Watcher, have a good night last night pal?'

'Oh well that's just £#%&!ing great isn't it, we're £#%&!ed. City have signed that kid from Lille, give them the trophy now... No point turning up. We've got Park everyone, don't panic!"

Yawn £#%&!ing yawn. Change the record a bit.

I agree with you don't get me wrong- it's just £#%&!ing tiresome reading the same shit jumbled up a different way on every £#%&!ing thread 24 hours a day.
Closed Thread