United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:19 AM
The Watcher

Question How shit were Milan last night?

Crap. I can't believe it's essentially the same side that totally outplayed us in the San Siro. £#%&!ing ridiculous.

Celtic were even worse. The technique of some of their players is shocking. Awful team.

Inzaghi's miss was probably the highlight

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Baron

I think it's gone from their side, probably raise their game for the odd cup game that actually matters (so long as the old £#%&!ers are well rested of course) but it's unbelievable how old their squad is. Been there, done it & got all the medals. The stat they showed about them only scoring once in open play at home this season & also not winning a league match at home since March or April kind of shows they're at the end of the line surely.

Celtic are shite.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:40 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Crap. I can't believe it's essentially the same side that totally outplayed us in the San Siro. £#%&!ing ridiculous.

Celtic were even worse. The technique of some of their players is shocking. Awful team.

Inzaghi's miss was probably the highlight
I had the misfortune to wake up at 4am this morning and Milan v Juve from the weekend was on.Milan are £#%&!ing rubbish.Juve did all the attacking and were very unlucky not to win.

Gattuso is a little @#%&!, still, and his game is now totally based on him throwing his under-sized arms in the air every time he's touched.I'm amazed that I ever wanted this @#%&! at OT.He's a dreadful player with no class, he can't pass, can't shoot and is totally one dimensional.Horrid @#%&!.

If we meet these @#%&!s in the knockouts, and don't win, I'm going to kill myself.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:41 AM
The Watcher

They looked similarly shit last season, then came to life in the 2nd leg against Bayern Munich.

Celtic are a load of £#%&!ing £#%&!. £#%&! knows how they do so well at home.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:42 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
They looked similarly shit last season, then came to life in the 2nd leg against Bayern Munich.

Celtic are a load of £#%&!ing £#%&!. £#%&! knows how they do so well at home.

Cos they've got the best supporters in the world.Ever.

And the best atmosphere in the world.Ever.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

To be fair they had already topped their group, just wait and see how shit we are in Rome.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be fair they had already topped their group, just wait and see how shit we are in Rome.
They were dreadful in the league against Juve.And they had to win.

Utter garbage, they are.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:45 AM
The Watcher

Magic - I agree about Gattuso. I've never been a fan of his. I'm of the opinion that a Manchester United midfielder should be able to do more then just run around in an aggressive manner.

It'd be nice to knock out Milan, but they'd probably have their one "wonder game" of the season against us. The Italian press were claiming their second leg performance against us last season was their best in a decade. Just our luck

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Magic - I agree about Gattuso. I've never been a fan of his. I'm of the opinion that a Manchester United midfielder should be able to do more then just run around in an aggressive manner.

It'd be nice to knock out Milan, but they'd probably have their one "wonder game" of the season against us. The Italian press were claiming their second leg performance against us last season was their best in a decade. Just our luck
And possibly our worst of the season.

Stuffy @#%&!s.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I think they were only one point ahead of Celtic before last night.

Anyway I'm of the same opinion as Magic Cantona. To think they outclassed us when they were a goal down and won 3 £#%&!ing nil. And they did out class us on the night.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Baron

Quote:
The Italian press were claiming their second leg performance against us last season was their best in a decade. Just our luck
Would have helped if we had our back four & could rest Ronnie or Rooney like they'd been able to do as well...

You can't have that much experience & talent in your side & not be able to turn it on approx. 10 times a season, they just got it right because they're AC Milan for £#%&!s sake.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I think they were only one point ahead of Celtic before last night.

Anyway I'm of the same opinion as Magic Cantona. To think they outclassed us when they were a goal down and won 3 £#%&!ing nil. And they did out class us on the night.
I think I was more enraged by Gattuso acting like he was 10 men.Shouting '£#%&! OFF!' and that at Scholes......just wish Keane was still about.The little @#%&!.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Imo when Gattuso came off in the first leg United started to pass all around them and control the game. Which is why I think Hargo is a huge benefit now, as is Anderson, who will both run around and get stuck the £#%&! in, instead of being slightly overwhelmed by the rangers reject.

Plus the stone cold fact that Heinze and Brown where the two centre halfs. I could outpace both of those at centre half.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think saying they outclassed us last season isn't quite right, personlly I just think we didn't quite hve the squad and ran out of steam. Just an opinion.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:55 AM
signed dc

Good article here from yesterday's Guardian about them...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...221584,00.html

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:56 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Would have helped if we had our back four & could rest Ronnie or Rooney like they'd been able to do as well...

You can't have that much experience & talent in your side & not be able to turn it on approx. 10 times a season, they just got it right because they're AC Milan for £#%&!s sake.
I agree. It's all old ground anyway. While the likes of Kaka and Seedorf had their feet up, we were coming back from two nil down against Everton! It's just frustrating that we seemed to be handicapped in Europe for being successful domestically last season.

I reckon we'll get Celtic again in the next round too.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:56 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I think saying they outclassed us last season isn't quite right, personlly I just think we didn't quite hve the squad and ran out of steam. Just an opinion.
Correct.

And I think experience was a huge factor too.We didn't perform as we know we could have done.

Unread 05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Yeah maybe I'm being dramatic. Our defence was a shell of what it was supposed to be and we had one striker in Rooney. No Saha.
But in midfield, especially away, I though they over ran us. They did a great job on Ronaldo too.
Who knows what would have happened with Rio and a fit Vidic but there was no better option in midfield.

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:07 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They did a great job on Ronaldo too.
That's where we really missed Nevile. With no overlapping full back, Ronaldo never had a passing option on the outside. So it became easy to predict where he'd pass the ball. More importantly, without an attacking right back, Milan could double up on him and not worry about any gap they left on that side of the pitch, as O'Shea rarely ventured forward enough to take advantage.

I’ve always thought the accusation that Ronaldo “didn’t perform” in that second leg was grossly unfair. He simply wasn’t allowed too.

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Fatboy Shrek

I still can't fathom how their one apparent major threat (in Kaka) was allowed the space he was to score the first in the San Siro, surely he has to be marked fiercely, especially in the first quarter of an hour.
Closed Thread