United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And they are the only 2 players he ever signed that were any good. Alright pal, we get it.
What's the point talking in about what was done 20 years ago? Football is 'a what have you done for me lately?' business in case you haven't noticed...

I doubt Zlatan signs for van Gaal. Pogba definitely not.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
What's the point talking in about what was done 20 years ago? Football is 'a what have you done for me lately?' business in case you haven't noticed...

I doubt Zlatan signs for van Gaal. Pogba definitely not.
Yep, course pal. They signed for Mourinho, not Manchester United.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:36 PM
AK14

Ibra and LvG...

Yeah that would have worked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Imagine what could of been if Falcao wasn't shit
Imagine.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Vedder

Very fond of big Louis tbh. Did my head in at times obviously but absolutely loved Martial and Rashford last season and that Cup run and win how good was his record against the top sides too

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Very fond of big Louis tbh. Did my head in at times obviously but absolutely loved Martial and Rashford last season and that Cup run and win how good was his record against the top sides too
Our downfall for the last three years has been the inability to beat shit sides. Don't know what type of team we've become when our main goal is to beat Liverpool.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Our downfall for the last three years has been the inability to beat shit sides. Don't know what type of team we've become when our main goal is to beat Liverpool.
It's why we dropped a 1bomb on pogba

Same on Greezy and we'll have the titles back..

He beats the smaller teams....4/3

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Shame that celebrating the Big Man's sabattical draws so much ire

As Vedder suggests, his work with the kids has been brought into sharper focus by their regression this year.

And to think they said he was out of touch

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
The Liverpool we haven't beaten this season in 2 attempts?

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:59 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The Liverpool we haven't beaten this season in 2 attempts?
Jose Mourinho manages us now.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
actually under Moyes it was our inability to beat anyone.

From August 2013 to May 2016, United lost a total of 30 league games.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Do you not think we're a significantly better proposition this season than last? In all respects? We've been massively unlucky to draw matches we've utterely dominated whereas last season, we were often lucky to get a result after some very poor performances.

It's like night and day.

That said, our performances in the big matches this year have been pretty gash compared to last and our tactics in those matches have been woeful at times but generally, it's been a huge improvement despite the points total being grim reading.

We also have a far more competitive league this year with all the top 6 sides performing well. Leicester won it last year ffs.
Your top three performances of this season, pal?

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Do you not think we're a significantly better proposition this season than last? In all respects? We've been massively unlucky to draw matches we've utterely dominated whereas last season, we were often lucky to get a result after some very poor performances.

It's like night and day.

That said, our performances in the big matches this year have been pretty gash compared to last and our tactics in those matches have been woeful at times but generally, it's been a huge improvement despite the points total being grim reading.

We also have a far more competitive league this year with all the top 6 sides performing well. Leicester won it last year ffs.
I'll be honest, I'm struggling to draw a fair comparison. He's added 2 of the World's most prolific attacking players from last season and Pogba, and we still can't £#%&!ing score a lot of the time, it's reminiscent of what we were doing last year, but we're finally doing it quicker and with more intent, which surely is born out, in part, by the previously mentioned players?

Honestly think these players with last seasons tactics wipe the £#%&!ing floor with the sides that beat/frustrated us last season.

Before last season even £#%&!ing started I thought we were £#%&!ed because our attacking options were £#%&!. It's why I didn't get as riled as everyone else, I was expecting a limp attacking performance. It only got interesting when big Rashers came to the fore.

I don't know.. I know I'm not exactly blown away by the current side, improving though it is, but I understand it takes time, same as I did last year.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:33 PM
jem

the difference between this year and last is that this year it is frustrating that we miss chances, whereas last year it was frustrating watching us play. jo mo has been shit in big games, though, whereas king louis was always up for them.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the difference between this year and last is that this year it is frustrating that we miss chances, whereas last year it was frustrating watching us play. jo mo has been shit in big games, though, whereas king louis was always up for them.
The greater quality in personnel and increased pace of play (something LvG constantly lamented) is the reason for the increased number of chances.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:36 PM
believe

Haven't we just gone 13 games unbeaten?

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
16 in all comps

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
And?

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
16 in all comps
Even better.

My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Your top three performances of this season, pal?
Tough one that because there hasn't been many if any stand out performances which I think is the point you want to make. But our all round general performances have been much improved over a sustained period within each match. We've moved the ball more quickly, we've shown more attacking intent, created a zillion more chances and have been stronger in defence. That's before we mention man management and of Rooney in particular.

We played well against arsenal I thought - completely nullified them but could only draw.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:40 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Mourinho marginalising Rooney is his greatest feat so far.
Closed Thread