Yep, time to go 85 32.08%
Nah, need to keep the faith 180 67.92%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-09-2015, 10:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's spent years doing his coaching badges. years.
As did most under Fergie's advice.

Scholes did his badges, now he spends his time talking slow bollox to Jake Humphrey on BT.

Unread 08-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
£#%&! me, has Becks even showed the slightest interest in coaching?
Depends if there is any underwear modelling included in the job.

Unread 09-09-2015, 03:01 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Written by a fergie puppet. Blatantly obvious fergie is pulling a few strings to try and get his way. All his mates are coming out with anti van gaal shite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Pep didn't £#%&! off for five or six years and he did all right didn't he?
Another season under big Louis and he'll be more than ready imo.
He managed a group of players at a lower level.

Unread 09-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Ben

There is no way Woodward will want the "class of 92" and an obvious link to Fergie managing the team. No way no how.

Unread 09-09-2015, 08:26 AM
browser

Smalling got a lot of plaudits last night for his performance and start to the season. Nobody seems to mention that he's been at this level the last 6-8 months and that it's down to LVG.

Unread 09-09-2015, 09:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Smalling got a lot of plaudits last night for his performance and start to the season. Nobody seems to mention that he's been at this level the last 6-8 months and that it's down to LVG.
possibly because he's always been that good when he's not being £#%&!ed around.

Unread 09-09-2015, 09:19 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
He's not. Noticeably better since he came back from his derby holocaust last season.

Unread 09-09-2015, 09:24 AM
PeakyBlinder

This Class of 92 is turning very Scouse.

Unread 09-09-2015, 09:26 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not a chance. He's been given more responsibility, played regularly and encouraged to express himself more on the pitch. Positionally he's improved massively too.

Unread 09-09-2015, 09:33 AM
hopkins

knives are out, the narrative is set
a few bad results and the "giggs in" party line will be ramped up

Unread 09-09-2015, 09:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
He's not. Noticeably better since he came back from his derby holocaust last season.
Quote:
not a chance. He's been given more responsibility, played regularly and encouraged to express himself more on the pitch. Positionally he's improved massively too.
he's improved on when he wasn't quite so good. which was itself a decline from when he was our best defender.

Unread 09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's improved on when he wasn't quite so good. which was itself a decline from when he was our best defender.
long story short, you agree he's improved?

Unread 09-09-2015, 10:10 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
One loss and four wins from six games.

Football journalism which covers the premier league is of a lower standard than celebrity gossip. Doesnt say much for the fanbase it sells to.

Unread 09-09-2015, 10:14 AM
jem

Quote:
long story short, you agree he's improved?
I didn't disagree that he has improved. I said it possibly isn't being mentioned as a demonstration of lvg's superlative coaching/management because he was good to start with and only got a bit nervy when surrounded by shite and played out of position. giving someone a run in a stable team in his proper position might be expected to produce an improvement. it even works for herrera.

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:18 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
knives are out, the narrative is set
a few bad results and the "giggs in" party line will be ramped up
So I was lying on my back in bed this morning, as you do, and a thought occurred to me.

LvG took Holland to the semis of the WC last year. No mean achievement tbf. The state of the Dutch national team since the big fella stepped down. Can´t think of another European national side that nose dived so quickly.

So supposing big Louis gets the chop this season and Giggsy takes his place. I fear the worst actually. We could end up in free-fall like the Netherlands.

Come to think of it also. The daft sod did achieve in getting us back into the Champs League this season albeit it was the bare minimum of the board´s expectations.

I´m a fair bloke and will always attempt to be reasonable in my judgement when certain individuals come under fire.

I´m prepared to be patient and give Louis ´til the end of the season before deciding if he should stay or go.

Stuffing Brendan´s lot this Saturday would be a good start.

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
The Watcher

Holland on the brink of collapse without Louis van Gaal’s rule and could miss Euro 2016

Quote:
When Van Gaal replaced Van Marwijk in 2012 he did not have many bedded-in youngsters and had to build a new team himself with the new generation of 18 to 22-year-olds. They were the perfect raw material for a coach like him. “Van Gaal is a very strict ‘teacher’, rather than a flexible ‘manager’,” explained Verheijen. “This was difficult for the older players, but the younger players loved it. They played the World Cup semi-final with four, then five players from the Dutch league. Nobody was expecting Holland to reach the second round, but Van Gaal was very successful.”

The problem was the KNVB, the Dutch FA, was not anticipating success in Brazil and appointed Hiddink – Van Gaal’s philosophical opposite – to replace him. “People expected that everybody would be fed up with the ‘teacher’, ‘drill sergeant’ Van Gaal,” Verheijen said, “and the ‘people manager’ Hiddink would bring freedom and fresh air, save the nation and give us hope again.”

But the youngsters – Daley Blind, Stefan de Vrij, Daryl Janmaat, Jordy Clasie and the rest – liked Van Gaal’s educational style and when it was removed, the team disintegrated. “From the first game, there were signals that after the very strict and clear ‘teacher’, the players did not know what to do,” Verheijen said. “They did not know what to expect, or what was expected from them, there was confusion. The transition from the ultimate ‘teacher’ Van Gaal, to the ultimate ‘manager’ Hiddink was too big, too drastic. In hindsight, Hiddink was not the ideal manager.”
King Louis

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Clarkie

If Giggs is as good as people are making him out to be, why is he still happy to be a number 2?
Why does he not go out and prove himself as a manager?

Personally, I'm not trusting of anyone who wanted Rio to be our number 1 centre back last year and had been fighting for Rafael to be first choice RB

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
If Giggs is as good as people are making him out to be, why is he still happy to be a number 2?

Personally, I'm not trusting of anyone who wanted Rio to be our number 1 centre back last year and had been fighting for Rafael to be first choice RB

Yeah, because nobody wanted that did they? Everybody loves/ed Tony V

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno
Yeah, because nobody wanted that did they? Everybody loves/ed Tony V
I mean't for this season!!

Tell me, from what you've seen, would you prefer Rafael over Darmian?!

And I like Rafael. Can't dislike him for some reason

Unread 09-09-2015, 01:33 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

It’s pretty obvious Giggs would be a disaster imo. Only the sort of idiot that thought Moyes was the ideal successor to Fergie would suggest such a thing.
Closed Thread