dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
if he shopped at your mates gaff you would say hes big boned
u wot m8?

Unread 11-12-2018, 04:55 PM
goldfinger II

I find that very strange.

Why would an already big, muscle-bound striker need to bulk up even more? What football style does that suit? It makes no sense. He was already a powerhouse.

Belgium play better football than we do. Can't see how it suits their style to have a bulked up striker. Didn't notice them trying to play to that strength in the tournament. They played decent football and Lukaku contributed well to that.

I wonder who decided that was a good idea, or even if it happened for the reasons he says? Were our medical staff even consulted?

I think some of the criticism of him as a player has been harsh. Despite his flaws, when he plays at his normal level, he is a good striker. If he's taken it upon himself to alter his body to suit Belgium's style of play, without regard for our style of play and how that would impact our team, I'm not sure he deserves to be playing for us at all.

Unread 11-12-2018, 05:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I find that very strange.

Why would an already big, muscle-bound striker need to bulk up even more? What football style does that suit? It makes no sense. He was already a powerhouse.

Belgium play better football than we do. Can't see how it suits their style to have a bulked up striker. Didn't notice them trying to play to that strength in the tournament. They played decent football and Lukaku contributed well to that.

I wonder who decided that was a good idea, or even if it happened for the reasons he says? Were our medical staff even consulted?

I think some of the criticism of him as a player has been harsh. Despite his flaws, when he plays at his normal level, he is a good striker. If he's taken it upon himself to alter his body to suit Belgium's style of play, without regard for our style of play and how that would impact our team, I'm not sure he deserves to be playing for us at all.
Sounds like an excuse to me. Been smashing the pies and gym and not given it a second thought until he couldn't move in September imo.

Piece of piss to lose muscle too.

It doesn't tend to give you a double chin either...

Unread 11-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Stickman

I would say he’s said that to save face. He may have put on a bit of muscle but most of it will be fat given how much he’s put on in a relatively short window. You just don’t stack a highly visible amount on in a few months, you gain about 1lb of it a month if your nutrition and weight training are near perfect ffs

He looks like he’s gained 5kg with us and I highly doubt he’s on the needle.

Unread 11-12-2018, 05:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

It's %@#$&!s

He doesn't look any slimmer now than he did at the world cup

It's just excuse making

Unread 18-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Clownbones

Reckon any new guy can get a tune out of/will play this big %@#$&!?

Unread 18-12-2018, 05:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Reckon a new guy can get a tune out of this big %@#$&!?
As much as a private tutor could get Harvey Price into Uni.

Unread 18-12-2018, 11:41 PM
My Name is Heath

I know there are lies, damned lies and statistics but Martin Samuel wrote today that Virgil van Dijk has had more shots at goal since October than Lukaku.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Buck

He'll score a few more goals now the team are going to be let off their shackles. His record proves give him enough service and he'll give you a decent return by the end of the season but look closer into his record and you'll find he has always been a streaky goalscorer.

Quote:
Aside from his final season at Everton, when his longest run without a goal was four games, Lukaku regularly ploughed through lengthy periods when his form deserted him.

In 2013-14, he scored just once in 10 games during the middle part of the campaign, while the following year, he had a six-match goalless streak and had also only managed four goals by mid-November.

During the 2015-16 season, Lukaku went nine games without a goal for Everton and failed to score a single Premier League goal after March 5.
At United and at any big club his all round game just isn't good enough to make up for that. If he was still able to bring others into play and link up with Martial/Rashford and whoever else he might get away with it but he just gets in the way unfortunately.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:41 AM
dunk

Apparently was one of only 2 to pledge allegiance to the manager when Woodward consulted the players on Monday, along with Matic

£#%&!ing ex-Chelsea totem poles sticking together :£#%&!er:

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:49 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Apparently was one of only 2 to pledge allegiance to the manager when Woodward consulted the players on Monday, along with Matic

Mata tho

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:59 AM
armchair

he's an insult to donkeys

Unread 19-12-2018, 01:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Tbf they both know the next manager will sell them.

Unread 19-12-2018, 02:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
As much as a private tutor could get Harvey Price into Uni.
He'd have at shout at De Montfort.

Unread 19-12-2018, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Mata tho
Hiding in the corner sobbing.

Unread 19-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

And yet they have downed tools faster than anyone else.

He's all talk.

Unread 19-12-2018, 03:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
And yet they have downed tools faster than anyone else.

He's all talk.
Came back from the summer fat as £#%&!. Spent a good month or 2 sulking las year as well

£#%&! the lummox off.

Unread 19-12-2018, 03:05 PM
plopborsky

clean slate for all the shit @#%&!s.

They have till the end of the season to show that it was the manager and he was a useless toxic negative @#%&!.

A confident Rom with at least SOME £#%&!ing chances coming to him does actually sound like a good plan

Unread 19-12-2018, 03:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
clean slate for all the shit @#%&!s.

They have till the end of the season to show that it was the manager and he was a useless toxic negative @#%&!.

A confident Rom with at least SOME £#%&!ing chances coming to him does actually sound like a good plan
No chance. Ship the shit @#%&!s out. You saying that if Phil Jones has a couple of good matxhes that we should keep him on. This the principle reason why we are in the place we are. 7/8 need to £#%&! off NOW.

Desperate that this useless bag of shit (lukaku) is ‘1st out da dow’
Closed Thread