United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:33 AM
Dacter

Every bloody attack he gets involved with seems to end with him.

Says a lot about him that, the self-declared lifelong Red is the player in the squad who seems the least inclined to leave everything out there for the club.

Barring his purple patch last year he’s been living off PR for a while now. But I imagine he’s starting to realise that you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. There’s only so many times you can release a carefully managed self-serving interview about being a young black man from Manchester who grew up poor. Eventually people will start to wonder what £#%&!ing relevance, let alone mitigation, it has to him being unable or unwilling to do the basics of his job.

Unread 22-04-2024, 07:26 AM
The taste of...

Thinking now he was the original cancer and probably poisoned what little attitude Sanco had.

Unread 22-04-2024, 07:42 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Just a few lone sage voices in a sea of giddy cluelessness.

OMG it gets worse.

Enablers.

If you can't get giddy about a player scoring 30+ goals a season then when can you?

Gary Nev's been saying that he doesn't seem right at the moment and I'd go with that. Don't think he's inherently a shit person, but his heads fallen off and it doesn't seem as though there's anyone around him and that he'd listen to tell him to put it back on.

If we can get anything for him in the summer then we'd be stupid to not take it.

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:27 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Very effective first half performance from Rashy, as most educated viewers will know. Busy, always available, consistently had their full back on toast, and was constantly penetrating the opposition box.

He can both hold the line, and cut inside as well as any player in the league. Can see why he’s always one of the first names on the ten Hag team sheet.

Starts the final, NQAT. One of the very, very few players across the continent of Europe that can test Kyle Walker for pace. An asset.
I take it you haven't seen the @#%&! running lately. He couldn't get past whatever two-bob tosser that Coventry had at right back. Kyle Walker? The #@&%! would struggle to test Roy Walker for pace these days.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:25 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post

If you can't get giddy about a player scoring 30+ goals a season then when can you?

Gary Nev's been saying that he doesn't seem right at the moment and I'd go with that. Don't think he's inherently a shit person, but his heads fallen off and it doesn't seem as though there's anyone around him and that he'd listen to tell him to put it back on.

If we can get anything for him in the summer then we'd be stupid to not take it.
He won’t be sold in the summer because Utd have this stupid idea someone will pay £100m for him

Unread 22-04-2024, 05:16 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
He won’t be sold in the summer because Utd have this stupid idea someone will pay £100m for him
sadly probably right.

Unread 24-04-2024, 11:09 PM
magic_cantona

Now, if he comes back fit for Burnley and gets a start.....

No, just no.

Let's see if EtH has seen the light.

Unread 25-04-2024, 01:04 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post

No, just no.

Yeah that's a true test of Erik's resolve

Unread 25-04-2024, 01:52 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post

No, just no.

Bit late for that I think mate.

Unread 26-04-2024, 08:54 AM
TheNew

Come out swigning here, enough is enough!

Unread 26-04-2024, 08:58 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew View Post
https://x.com/MarcusRashford/status/1783641291965820954

Come out swigning here, enough is enough!
Sick to death of him tbh. First he says 'if you doubt me, even better', then when people doubt him he calls it 'abuse'.

Footballers are so thick. Just perform on the pitch and everything will be forgiven. Don't perform and you'll get criticised.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:03 AM
Whip Hubley

The poor lamb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Sick to death of him tbh. First he says 'if you doubt me, even better', then when people doubt him he calls it 'abuse'.

Footballers are so thick. Just perform on the pitch and everything will be forgiven. Don't perform and you'll get criticised.
It's not like we're asking much. Just put the effort in and the rest will follow, but he genuinely doesn't seem to give a £#%&! and hasn't done for a while.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:10 AM
Patty_b

No doubt he gets reams of outright abuse which isn't acceptable and bang out of order.

But he has been utter shit at playing football this season. And saying he's been playing football like utter shit isn't abuse.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:11 AM
Coracao

Not sure what's worse. His lack of awareness on the pitch or his lack of self awareness with his shit on social media.

Please £#%&! off.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:17 AM
NedKelly

Feel sorry for him now.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:30 AM
armchair

He should take some time off.

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:40 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
He should take some time off.
yep I've said for ages that to me he is suffering with depression

Give him the rest of the season off so he can get away from football and try and get his head right.

Edit - having said that it didnt work out when we did the same for Sancho

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:43 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
yep I've said for ages that to me he is suffering with depression

Give him the rest of the season off so he can get away from football and try and get his head right.

Edit - having said that it didnt work out when we did the same for Sancho
D’you reckon it’s because he watches his performances back post-game?

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Not a good look past midnight quote tweeting some random @utdPlugIn type account.....

He's obviously not in a great place and apparently does get the most abuse online of any sportsman...

But,

Id also not be filmed at 3am on the piss in a different country with training at 9am ....

Also -

Unread 26-04-2024, 09:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
That account has over 9M followers