United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Even if we beat Palace at weekend, we've won fewer league games this season than we did under Moyes.

Whichever way you slice it, that's a £#%&!ing disgrace.
Yep. Imagine if someone had told you that when Mourinho started

Absolutely £#%&!ing woeful.

Unread 17-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
My biggest fear is that we have no momentum whatsoever - but it is only one route to success and there are others.

Need to pull something out of the bag nqat - and I'm not confident we actually can, never mind will.
Your fears are not without justification. We've put ourselves in a terrible position going into this final, much like last season. We absolutely have to win this final or the season will have been a let down. I suppose Ajax are in the same position to an extent, having lost out on the last day in the league.

4 goals in our last 7 fixtures is however extremely worrying. Like you say this isn't the kind of team that can turn it on and off when they feel like it. Our goalscoring, which obviously wasn't great anyway, has fallen off a £#%&!ing cliff since Zlatan got injured. You would hope that for a one off cup game they can all raise their game but as you say, you daren't expect it.

Souness and Redknapp tonight really laid into United, no holds barred, the pair of them were utterly loving it as well. Since the Swansea game at old trafford the gloves really have come off in terms of everyone just lining up to declare the season a total failure. Redknapp even went to the trouble of declaring our next season a failure as well.

Unread 17-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Even if we beat Palace at weekend, we've won fewer league games this season than we did under Moyes.

Yep.

Unread 17-05-2017, 11:07 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. Imagine if someone had told you that when Mourinho started

Absolutely £#%&!ing woeful.
Remember how much we were looking forward to the season when he'd signed a decent looking centre half, Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan? I honestly thought we'd get top 3 at a canter.

£#%&!s sake.

Unread 17-05-2017, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm clinging to his complete and utter lack of trust in the players being the reason for his negativity.. I felt much the same with LvG though..
The sad point is, both had/have reason not to trust them. Too many are mentally weak, that is actually worse than not being good enough ability wise.

(and its why Bogbrush - much as we all love to hate him - gets games, at least his attitude is OK)

Unread 17-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

This guy knows what he's talking about. Absolutely spot on.

I've been saying this all along but you're not allowed to criticise mourinho on here...

Unread 17-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Alan

Quote:
Remember how much we were looking forward to the season when he'd signed a decent looking centre half, Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan? I honestly thought we'd get top 3 at a canter.

£#%&!s sake.
I've never seen you look forward to anything or post a single positive thing about United on here tbh.

Unread 17-05-2017, 11:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

not sure why everyone's banging on about loving momentum when you've all been slagging it off for the last 2 years

btw ajax won't have played at all since losing the league on the last day of their season.

Unread 18-05-2017, 01:39 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Celta Vigo got smashed 1-4 against Real.

As you'd expect. Celta Vigo have lost 8 of their last 9 matches.

They basically threw every domestic league game from the beginning of April and focused entirely on the Europa. They're now 13th.

Unread 18-05-2017, 02:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As you'd expect. Celta Vigo have lost 8 of their last 9 matches.

They basically threw every domestic league game from the beginning of April and focused entirely on the Europa. They're now 13th.
Imagine doing that ffs.

Unread 18-05-2017, 02:28 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Imagine doing that ffs.

Unread 18-05-2017, 05:34 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Imagine doing that ffs.

Unread 18-05-2017, 05:58 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell.

That should be a thread in itself.

A disgrace imo.

Unread 18-05-2017, 07:13 AM
puressence

See the doubters are back

Unread 18-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

And still we have a chance of 2 trophies and champions league...if this is jose getting it wrong. Imagine getting it right

Unread 18-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

We also lost 3 more games and had less points under Moyes. We also got spanked by the vermin and City.

As pointed out we won a pot and could be in the CL next season via another pot.

What a weak argument. If you're going g to call out stats as a point then at least back it up.

Unread 18-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We also lost 3 more games and had less points under Moyes. We also got spanked by the vermin and City.

What a weak argument. If you're going g to call out stats as a point then at least back it up.

Nah much better to be hysterical. I'm absolutely heartbroken we've won fewer league games, might cancel my flight and burn my ticket tbh.

Won't someone think of the children?!? siders, parters, dunk, fuzzy etc.

Unread 18-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Aye had to explain to a bewildered bitter how despite a lower win percentage José's record as manager is better. £#%&!ing hate draws

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:22 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
And still we have a chance of 2 trophies and champions league...if this is jose getting it wrong. Imagine getting it right
Try looking at the bigger picture, rather than the two tin pot trophies we may win.
Our football is the worst out of anybody in the top half of the prem. We have a manager that is terrified to lose a game, so insists on having everybody defending, rather than doing the jobs they should be doing. We're about 500 points behind Chelsea. Just look at our record against the other top 6 sides.

If we lose on Wednesday, just watch all the calls for Mourinho's head.

Unread 18-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Try looking at the bigger picture, rather than the two tin pot trophies we may win.
Our football is the worst out of anybody in the top half of the prem. We have a manager that is terrified to lose a game, so insists on having everybody defending, rather than doing the jobs they should be doing. We're about 500 points behind Chelsea. Just look at our record against the other top 6 sides.

If we lose on Wednesday, just watch all the calls for Mourinho's head.
So how did you choose your username pal?