United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Got a v bad feeling that city could bag the treble or worse this year.

Would be f***ing horrific
It's probably going to happen this season Keith, and if they do it, I'll never, ever let it detract from the memory of the joy of that month of May 1999.

That Treble is sacred, no matter what those nouveau riche try-hards do now or in the future.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:52 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Alright lads, they've just beaten Bristol City in injury time for christ's sake.
Not like you pal - you normally defecate your underpants when united lose a throw in in the oppositions half.

They’ve as good as won the league. They’re certainly stoppable but are finding a way through most matches successfully. It’s a bad sign.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:52 PM
puressence

The top forward line ups like PSG Barca Real Bayern will run city’s defence ragged as Liverpool will Sunday

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The top forward line ups like PSG Barca Real Bayern will run city’s defence ragged as Liverpool will Sunday

£#%&!ing hope so - would alleviate a huge concern.

Unread 09-01-2018, 09:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Can see Liverpool damaging them on Sunday, nqat.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:03 PM
barca99

Quote:
Alright lads, they've just beaten Bristol City in injury time for christ's sake.
Its only January etc...

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not like you pal - you normally defecate your underpants when united lose a throw in in the oppositions half.

They’ve as good as won the league. They’re certainly stoppable but are finding a way through most matches successfully. It’s a bad sign.
If they do win 2 or 3 trophies, what does it matter? What’s gonna happen? We’ll all wake up in the morning and the world will continue to turn.

The media will £#%&! on about it but other than that - does any one in the wider world of football really care? Yeah great, you threw 2 billion quid at a mediocre joke football club and won some stuff. The apathy surrounding what they’re doing is tangible, no matter how much Sky want us all to buy into their hype, just look at that attendance there tonight. Nobody £#%&!ing cares because it’s hollow.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
If they do win 2 or 3 trophies, what does it matter? What’s gonna happen? We’ll all wake up in the morning and the world will continue to turn.

The media will £#%&! on about it but other than that - does any one in the wider world of football really care? Yeah great, you threw 2 billion quid at a mediocre joke football club and won some stuff. The apathy surrounding what they’re doing is tangible, no matter how much Sky want us all to buy into their hype, just look at that attendance there tonight. Nobody £#%&!ing cares because it’s hollow.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:09 PM
atticusgrinch

The state of this

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:09 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

they are not winning the Treble ffs

not even convinced they will get through this semi-final either

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:10 PM
20 times

Quote:

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Tiberian

Sparky is right, and that same apathy surrounds Chelsea and their achievements.

Think of Wenger's best Arsenal teams and what those games meant on an emotional level. True sporting competition.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:13 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

%@#$&!s. Their success is clearly tainted in a major way given the nature of their success but their investment is justified in their eyes given their lowly base when compared with ours. And fundamentally, you just don’t live amongst them, your kids don’t go to school with city fans and it’s a position you can easily dismiss being surrounded by arse, Chelsea and spurs fans.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Sparky***

Also notice they've come through the entire christmas/new year period with just one single muscle-related injury, and even that was sick note Kompany who gets injured putting his socks on the morning.

Other than that - they've got a couple of knee ligament injuries but not a single other muscle fatigue related injury.

Funny that.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:27 PM
red in cumbria

Naive it may be of me, but I'm with Sparky on this.

The sycophantic bought media may try to "Heysel" things, but most football fans recognise on an instinctive level that their success is hollow.

And tonight Bristol City gave them a game, which is nice.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Ethers

Has Sparky just said who really cares if City did the treble?!

Lovely lad, but he doesn’t actually get it, does he

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Has Sparky just said who really cares if City did the treble?!

Lovely lad, but he doesn’t actually get it, does he
no, i said get a grip pal. They're going to win lots of trophies in the coming years so it would probably be best if you just stopped worrying about it.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
no, i said get a grip pal. They're going to win lots of trophies in the coming years so it would probably be best if you just stopped worrying about it.
Yep, no escaping that I'm afraid. Though it will make the eventual fall - and that WILL come, one way or another - all the sweeter.

Unread 09-01-2018, 10:40 PM
AK14

Just seen the result...

Took a late winner then

Was Super Pep slagging Bristol off for daring to actually defend against his team

@#%&!.
Closed Thread