United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2017, 01:33 AM
Crumps

Giddily called him the bastard love child of Zidane and Essien before. I'll stand by it.

Unread 14-08-2017, 01:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Giddily called him the bastard love child of Zidane and Essien before. I'll stand by it.
The effortless glide past smaller players is a bit Zizou-esque tbf.

Unread 14-08-2017, 02:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure you'll cope.

Unread 14-08-2017, 02:28 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Still needs to step up and deliver in a real big game, but he was very good. Has an odd ownership of the ball, where it never seems fully under his control, but at the same time, totally in his command. His ability to drop a shoulder and beat a man is awesome.

Aside from the excellent football, he seems to have an infectious personality that gels the squad. So important to have that in a team.

15+ goals this season, I reckon. A mixture of every type, too - headers, long rangers, free-kicks.

Unread 14-08-2017, 05:47 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The effortless glide past smaller players is a bit Zizou-esque tbf.
The way he turns people was the thing that got me all hot and bothered.

Unread 14-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
The way he turns people was the thing that got me all hot, sweaty and bothered.
Fixed

Unread 14-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Fixed
Was a warm afternoon. Goes without saying.

Unread 14-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Mr_Ed

Played quite well but still needs to keep it simple at times... just watch Matic. When it comes off it looks good but when it doesn't then we lose the call easily.

Unread 14-08-2017, 07:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Played quite well but still needs to keep it simple at times... just watch Matic. When it comes off it looks good but when it doesn't then we lose the call easily.
The fact that Matic does the simple things so well should encourage Pogba to be as "unsimple" as possible. Don't know if it was Offoh or neo who said it but his skill on the ball is so unpredictable, the opposition simply don't know how to play him.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:09 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Was a warm afternoon. Goes without saying.
And we're not allowed wear shorts

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The fact that Matic does the simple things so well should encourage Pogba to be as "unsimple" as possible. Don't know if it was Offoh or neo who said it but his skill on the ball is so unpredictable, the opposition simply don't know how to play him.
There is an element of that. His unpredictable nature is one of his best assets. If he does everything simple, you lose something. It's about knowing when to do and when not to. Where to do it too. The bit of skill and the chip over the top for Mata in the first half was superb. Exactly the kind of area you want him taking chances like that. Do it ten yards outside your own box and it's a problem

When he gets the balance right and just relaxes, he's a monster. He got the balance right yesterday. Promising, but bigger challenges to come. West Ham were £#%&!ing awful. Total lack of ambition and barely looked arsed.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure you'll cope.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:53 AM
puressence

better finishing he would have had two assists ..that pass to mata that skill on the halfway incredible player really is

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'm not really disputing that. However he needs to know when to do it at the right times or play the ball to a United player rather than lose it.

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I'm not really disputing that. However he needs to know when to do it at the right times or play the ball to a United player rather than lose it.

Needs to sharpen up a bit there. Often slow to spot a pass and often misses the simple one in favour of the Hollywood. Suppose he'll hit the right balance soon enough.

Unread 14-08-2017, 04:39 PM
red in cumbria

He was excellent yesterday, more of the same please

Unread 14-08-2017, 07:26 PM
LFOD

on the second goal he made sure miki got his due during the celebration. captain material.

Unread 14-08-2017, 07:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
There is an element of that. His unpredictable nature is one of his best assets. If he does everything simple, you lose something. It's about knowing when to do and when not to. Where to do it too. The bit of skill and the chip over the top for Mata in the first half was superb. Exactly the kind of area you want him taking chances like that. Do it ten yards outside your own box and it's a problem

When he gets the balance right and just relaxes, he's a monster. He got the balance right yesterday. Promising, but bigger challenges to come. West Ham were £#%&!ing awful. Total lack of ambition and barely looked arsed.
Yeah, it's not about doing the simple things or the hard things. It's about doing the right thing. I don't actually always think Matic is the best example of this either. The player Pogba could have done with sticking about and learning from was Scholes, although I suppose Pirlo was a decent alternative.

That said, it's a hard thing to really teach a football brain. But the basic point that he doesn't have to do it all on his own is coming.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Has an odd ownership of the ball, where it never seems fully under his control, but at the same time, totally in his command. His ability to drop a shoulder and beat a man is awesome.
:
If we get to the point where we're in with a shout of the CL again he'll have us absolutely bricking it when it's nip tuck over two legs.

Unread 19-08-2017, 02:29 PM
believe

Mature performance today. Lad's going to be a £#%&!ing monster.
Closed Thread