United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2015, 04:04 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I was only half listening but I think Gary Neville suggested that to do such a thing, to go against dressing room instructions, was 'worse than breaking a fellow players leg'. I actually think he was suggesting that it was worse than breaking the leg of a player from your own team.

Pretty sure I must have heard him incorrectly because surely....no one...would...surely say something so stupid? breaking someone's leg, your own team mate, deliberately presumably, is worse than demanding to take a penalty.

£#%&!ing hell Gary.
That's unlike Gary to be a bit of a drama queen...

Unread 20-01-2015, 04:04 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
He meant doing it to the other team tbf pal...
I see, I only got the tail end but even so, it's a fairly ridiculous statement and I'm not even a top red neville hater tbf.

Unread 20-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Under Da Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
That's unlike Gary to be a bit of a drama queen...
It was a tad ridiculous the reaction, came across as very old fashioned to me.

Unread 20-01-2015, 04:39 PM
taff

don't get all the fuss over this. it happens all the time, doesn't it? i'm sure i've seen rooney nick penalties off others while playing for us.

also this made me laugh, from the guardian report last night:

Quote:
The Evertonians celebrated once on a cold, bleak night at Goodison Park but only when asked by Sylvester Stallone to provide a crowd scene for his next boxing film during half-time.
that's some shameful shit

Unread 20-01-2015, 04:43 PM
red in cumbria

Everton won't be relegated - they have had far worse sides than this one somehow stay up.

Unread 20-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Everton won't be relegated - they have had far worse sides than this one somehow stay up.
of course they won't. Burnley, QPR and Leicester for me.

It is however hilarious watching them all get a dose of the real Roberto Martinez, after he benefited last season from the stability that Moyes laid in place before him.

Can't believe that nothing is getting mentioned about them splurging nearly £30m on that £#%&!ing lumbering oaf Lukaku either.

Unread 20-01-2015, 05:55 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I was only half listening but I think Gary Neville suggested that to do such a thing, to go against dressing room instructions, was 'worse than breaking a fellow players leg'. I actually think he was suggesting that it was worse than breaking the leg of a player from your own team.

Pretty sure I must have heard him incorrectly because surely....no one...would...surely say something so stupid? breaking someone's leg, your own team mate, deliberately presumably, is worse than demanding to take a penalty.

£#%&!ing hell Gary.
I thought he was saying breaking someones leg was worse but other than that stealing the penalty was top of the @#%&!s trick charts.

Not sure I understand the Martinez hate in this thread to be honest what did he do to us again? £#%&!ing hell if we're going to hate a manager for getting a bit c**ky for beating us for the first time in £#%&!ing decades we'd hate half the @#%&!ing league after last year.

People saying that this is his level and he's a shit manager, he beat what was at the time the most expensively assembled club side in British football history to win the FA Cup with £#%&!ing Wigan, as well as keeping them in the Premier league on £#%&! all resources until getting to that cup final and shamefully having to play it in the midst of a relegation battle left them at a massive disadvantage to their rivals.

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:14 PM
TheEqualizer

Good to see that the media £#%&!fest over Roberto Martinez has almost completely vaporised.

There's a reason why his Wigan sides have fought relegation twice.

To think some of our lot actually wanted him to have a stint of being Manchester United's manager after Ferguson left. Scary.

Then again it was him or David Moyes I suppose...

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao

Not sure I understand the Martinez hate in this thread to be honest what did he do to us again? .
the hate has nothing to do with that it's certainly not where it started he's a sneering ABU #@&%! who always bangs on about United never shut up about us when he was Wigan manager

think he;s still gfoing on about Rooney not being sent off for the elbow on mcCarthy even now

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Don't get the Martinez hate at all. Seems a decent bloke to me.

What's more annoying is the Pulis #@&%!. Spent a fortune at Stoke to serve up horrific football played by a bunch of thugs and a few good months with Crystal Palace make him a genius. Would love to see West Brom go down.

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEqualizer
Good to see that the media circle jerk over Roberto Martinez has almost completely vaporised.

There's a reason why his Wigan sides have fought relegation twice.

this

and his currenht side are fighting it too, would love those @#%&!s to go down

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:31 PM
S/Side.Red

I suspect the reason his Wigan side fought relegation is because they had the smallest budget in the league, tbf.

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Rhodzy

If he was called Robert Martins a lot more people would hate him.

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Zorg

Not arsed about Martinez but Everton's situation is funny because of how smug they were about Moyes. Suddenly they'd all wanted him gone for years. I bet they'd love to have him back now

Unread 20-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
don't get all the fuss over this. it happens all the time, doesn't it? i'm sure i've seen rooney nick penalties off others while playing for us.
Did he nick them off someone who was 17 for 18 from the spot? I think that's the issue here - Baines being so obviously accomplished as a penalty taker, team struggling for goals and points....wrong time for someone else to play the big man.

Unread 20-01-2015, 08:11 PM
taff

Quote:
Not sure I understand the Martinez hate in this thread to be honest what did he do to us again? £#%&!ing hell if we're going to hate a manager for getting a bit c**ky for beating us for the first time in £#%&!ing decades we'd hate half the @#%&!ing league after last year.
endless whinging about united and referees like a £#%&!ing pound shop benitez, fawned over for his 'attractive' style of football after serving up eight months of shite every season with half a dozen decent games tacked on at the end, and on a personal level i just enjoy seeing these two-bob hipster managers end up well out of their depth. the city game was good though, i'll give him that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Did he nick them off someone who was 17 for 18 from the spot? I think that's the issue here - Baines being so obviously accomplished as a penalty taker, team struggling for goals and points....wrong time for someone else to play the big man.
missed his last one though

Unread 20-01-2015, 08:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Not arsed about Martinez but Everton's situation is funny because of how smug they were about Moyes. Suddenly they'd all wanted him gone for years. I bet they'd love to have him back now
They seem an odd bunch. Met one a few weeks ago and he was already on the 'Martinez out' thing. They were embarrassing last night; felt from the first minute that they were just waiting to have a go. Slagging a kid like Barkley who was trying to make things happen :shakehead:

I remember saying last summer that Martinez should take the chance to move if offered. With the emergence of City and Spurs having a proper manager now there's a real limit on what Everton can achieve over a sustained period. He should have jumped after a year.

Probably the same goes for Koeman this summer.

Quote:
endless whinging about united and referees like a £#%&!ing pound shop benitez, fawned over for his 'attractive' style of football after serving up eight months of shite every season with half a dozen decent games tacked on at the end, and on a personal level i just enjoy seeing these two-bob hipster managers end up well out of their depth. the city game was good though, i'll give him that.
Gary Monk next in line for most of the above, btw. Right moaning @#%&!.

Unread 20-01-2015, 08:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
People saying that this is his level and he's a shit manager, he beat what was at the time the most expensively assembled club side in British football history to win the FA Cup with £#%&!ing Wigan, as well as keeping them in the Premier league on £#%&! all resources until getting to that cup final and shamefully having to play it in the midst of a relegation battle left them at a massive disadvantage to their rivals
Thank goodness I'm not alone

Even good managers aren't successful *all* the time - it remains to be seen if RM's present struggles are just "second season syndrome" or something more deep rooted.

Even if the latter, though, it still doesn't detract from what he achieved at Wigan (who currently look good for a drop into the third tier, btw)

Yes he's an annoying smug git at times, most football bosses are tbh.

Unread 20-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Grimson

Quote:

missed his last one though
He's scored two since then actually.

Unread 20-01-2015, 08:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

]
exactly...£#%&!ing @#%&!, him not you

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Thank goodness I'm not alone

Even good managers aren't successful *all* the time - it remains to be seen if RM's present struggles are just "second season syndrome" or something more deep rooted.

Even if the latter, though, it still doesn't detract from what he achieved at Wigan (who currently look good for a drop into the third tier, btw)

Yes he's an annoying smug git at times, most football bosses are tbh.
he's an ABU @#%&!, a pound shop Benitez hth
Closed Thread