United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Chris Quayd

This place runs like clockwork; young lad doing the business for a season or two abroad? check. Exorbitant fee that reflects his potential as much as what he can currently bring? check check. Obligatory mention that we can't compete with Madrid/Barca for these types of players? congratulations you've just won Pogba bingo, see you in 6 months on the Mbappe hate train.

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Not so sure... there's definitely an element of players only joining Madrid when you're in your prime. The politics, players that are board favourites etc - the manager is constantly changing & then you need to navigate language & culture. Not ideal as an 18 year old.

I think well advised players can follow a successful career by building up to go there at 27/28.

Mbappe does seem like he's a once in a generation player, but he'd be better suited developing somewhere else for 3-4 seasons before taking on the @#%&!-soup that is Madrid or Barca.

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:17 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
This place runs like clockwork; young lad doing the business for a season or two abroad? check. Exorbitant fee that reflects his potential as much as what he can currently bring? check check. Obligatory mention that we can't compete with Madrid/Barca for these types of players? congratulations you've just won Pogba bingo, see you in 6 months on the Mbappe hate train.
love fred

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Pogba did the business?

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:23 PM
saffers

Cant wait for Bunks and co to call him M'Crappe when he doesnt hit the ground running.

Some 'fans' we have on here, agendas all over the shop

What do they have in common? All 2015-16 cardie wearers.

Can't wait to dance on your graves soon

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:28 PM
AK14

Can't see Madrid throwing €120m on a young kid like Mbappe. They'd rather some one else develop him and then buy him

If we're willing to spend that much on him I think we'll have a free run at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
It's a good question, the real class in the current midfield is Carrick, prior to that it was Scholes & supplemented by Carrick. Having intelligent players there rather than a functional / physical one gives you a tactical advantage. You want your players to stay on their feet - interceptions (whilst seemingly simple) require a £#%&!load more nous & footballing knowledge than sliding tackles ever will. However if you can only pass sideways or back when you have got the ball... water-carrier types, then you're doing nothing other than slowing the side down. You want players with compose that deep to pass it forward, with purpose, you can get a Vieira type player who'll drive forward with it rather than pass, what is important is the quality to get it back & recycle it positively.

So often, so very... mind numbingly £#%&!ing often... we've seen United in the last 3 or 4 years get it back & then not have the options or talent to pass forward when we get it there. Carrick's getting old, injuries take their toll. He was never great playing against really aggressive pressing but then who is when it's done as brilliantly as Barcelona used to.

That Chelsea midfield 3 works because Makelele was underrated in his passing, & Essien & Lampard were able to do the physical elements of getting up & down coupled with Lampard scoring 20+ every season. They all did their individual & collective roles perfectly (along with 8 other quality players doing what Mou loved).

I'd personally want a Kroos, a Verratti.... the quality & attacking instinct coupled with positioning & technique (& composure) means you'll get a better footballing side than you would a functional one with what you'd ostensibly call a "defensive midfielder".

If you were Italian you'd have a £#%&!y name for it (regista) to everyone else it's a deep-lying playmaker.

Call it what you want, I like them in our side if there's a suitable candidate.
If Veratti is available we should be all over it. Not only is able to dictate the tempo he's an aggressive £#%&!er too! Although he's not the biggest I think he'd be a perfect fit in this league and would be an incredible player for us.

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Pogba did the business?
Was part of a Juve team that won a few leagues on the bounce and a starter in their treble run season though that was in a much more polished team. I watched him a few times there, always felt that we were buying potential as he looked quite raw. tbh I just find the estrogen levels on here pretty amusing, some of the match day threads

I think we are broadly going in the right direction which I didn't think was the case last season, Griezy has been getting a lot of stick already on here but he has done it at the highest level for a number of years at a team that doesn't always attack and is a step below the top teams in Europe, seems a no brainer.

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Cant wait for Bunks and co to call him M'Crappe when he doesnt hit the ground running.

Unread 03-05-2017, 02:45 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Cant wait for Bunks and co to call him M'Crappe when he doesnt hit the ground running
he will hit the ground running mate, just not at Carrington or at Old Trafford.

Unread 03-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Have you even read the thread you utter bell ?

I want him.
Crave him
He's the hottest striker in world football..

Mention dancing on my grave again and I'll put you in a shallow one before you stepped off the met you utter mouth...

Unread 03-05-2017, 03:37 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

I want him.
Crave him

Mention dancing on my grave again and I'll put you in a shallow one before you stepped off the met you utter mouth...

Unread 03-05-2017, 03:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Will stay in France until after the World Cup imo.

Unread 03-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Will stay in France until after the World Cup imo.
Agreed. Unless Monaco get absolutely decimated in the Summer I can't see him going anywhere.

Unread 03-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bailly, nobody had really heard of tbh...

...Whatever happened to getting a Chicharito or an Evra or a Vidic or a Solskjaer? Do we even have a functioning scouting network?

Unread 03-05-2017, 04:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Do we even have a functioning scouting network?
Moyes bought some iPads

Unread 03-05-2017, 07:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Moyes bought some iPads
And the whiteboards! Don't forget - WHITEBOARDS!!

Unread 03-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Cream

100milo on someone younger than Rashford?

Not a prayer. He'll not go for that much. Not for a couple of years at least.

Unread 04-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

I want him.
Crave him

Unread 04-05-2017, 02:29 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:

Here's a previous winner of 'Pogba Bingo' on the subject.

Unread 04-05-2017, 07:58 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Here's a previous winner of 'Pogba Bingo' on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IO7cpwDYzo
Autistic or not, that lad is a £#%&!ing @#%&!.
Closed Thread