United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Redhod99

Default Re: Rooney not flown

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
glad those players are nowhere near that plastic pitch!
Which, according to ferguson isn't an issue and he actually mentioned that we have a good record and quoted qpr! I think he has somewhat underestimated the impact this could have

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Which, according to ferguson isn't an issue and he actually mentioned that we have a good record and quoted qpr! I think he has somewhat underestimated the impact this could have
QPR had a completely different sort of surface. Night and day. Probably all the same to Fergie tho.

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Redhod99

Exactly, if he is using that as a comparison we are £#%&!ed! What's the betting he complains about it if we lose!

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Exactly, if he is using that as a comparison we are £#%&!ed! What's the betting he complains about it if we lose!
shut up you tart

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
QPR had a completely different sort of surface. Night and day. Probably all the same to Fergie tho.
Quote:
"I have no issues with the pitch in Moscow," said Ferguson. "When Luton and QPR had them all those years ago we always played well on them.

"We had a great record at those grounds and that was when the artificial pitches weren't as good. The one in Moscow has a far better covering on it."
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footba...name_page.html

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Grimson

I didn't mean Fergie thinks they're exactly the same, he would of course know all about new generation sport turf. I meant he probably just doesn't think about pitches much in general when approaching a match. Same for both teams and all that.

Unread 19-10-2009, 06:59 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
we should get a result with the players available. Is Mick Harford available for the plastic pitch?

Unread 19-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Aloe Blacc

Woulda left Vidic and Rio back home aswell tbh.

Unread 19-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Whalefish

Looking forward to this and I get to see Krasic too. Top winger.

Unread 19-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Looking forward to this and I get to see Krasic too. Top winger.
Fantastic player , if Valencia continues to grow out of his shell and starts valuing playing for us as much as his country(compare his goal celebrations for us and Ecuardor and generally more commanding displays)....then we won't be saying 'If only we bought Krasic instead of Valencia'

The Serb would probably have cost £20m+.

Unread 20-10-2009, 12:11 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Ricky Holden
Earl Barrett

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Sambuca

Is it true that the Moscow games are played early because they have no floodlights or have i totally imagine that?

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:23 AM
RedMenace

Probably to do with the three (?) hour time difference.

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Sambuca

Wouldn't that logic apply to Greece and Turkey.....

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:26 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It must be only me that thinks those surfaces are excellent, and don't have any added potential for injury. I play on them all the time. But in any case, the game's not important enough, regardless of surface, to risk too many first teamers.
I did 3 days a week for about 6 months on the 3g stuff and my lower legs were £#%&!ed. Felt like i had shin splints. After two weeks or so i got used to it and the pain went. Then i had a little break from it, then went back and had the same problem again. It has no where near as much give as grass.

It would be a potential deathtrap for someone like hargreaves

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuca
Is it true that the Moscow games are played early because they have no floodlights or have i totally imagine that?
Yes you have.

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:30 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Wouldn't that logic apply to Greece and Turkey.....
Yeah hadn't thought of that. I don't have a notion why they kick off at 5.30 but the stadium definitely has floodlights, you can't play in Europe without them at all!.

Unread 20-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Sambuca

This one's got me curious now!!
Maybe it's the temperature in the evening then...

Unread 20-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Sambuca

Quote:
This one's got me curious now!!
Maybe it's the temperature in the evening then...
According to the Mail online it's because the games are shown at that time accommodate russian TV.

Unread 20-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I did 3 days a week for about 6 months on the 3g stuff and my lower legs were £#%&!ed. Felt like i had shin splints. After two weeks or so i got used to it and the pain went. Then i had a little break from it, then went back and had the same problem again. It has no where near as much give as grass.

It would be a potential deathtrap for someone like hargreaves
Depends on the pitch I suppose. The more rubber crumb base it has, the softer it is. The ones I play on are quite gentle on my 43 year old bones.
Closed Thread