United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The service that created chances vs Liverpool, Watford, City, Benfica etc.

He's used up that excuse, he's a £#%&!ing dreadful footballer. His game, attitude, workrate are all 2/3 levels below what we expect at United. He hasn't got the required intelligence to play for a club this size. We all knew he was a bottler before he joined but we were told with better around him he'd come good. He's done nothing.

Forget yesterday though, his performances recently have been Rooney like.

Incorrect, rooney is 6 in 7

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Billy Redface

It doesn't have to be him or the service. It can be both.

And it is.

He's not getting enough, but the chances he does get, he misses. He could not have asked for a better chance than the one he got late on yesterday. Zlatan, Mata and Martial all doing their bit for him and he blasted it straight at the keeper. The keeper took the praise, but it just hit him. Lukaku should have taken him out of the equation.

I thought he did ok at Arsenal. You can't force someone to play with confidence, but they can continue to contribute and do the right things. He did that at Arsenal and to a lesser extent at Watford, but yesterday he was in full 'try hard' mode. He was similar at Anfield too. Just panicking and all over the place. Seemingly unable to handle the occasion and responsibility.

He talks a big game, but there are serious question marks as to whether this guy is capable of making the improvements necessary to lead and whether he has the mentality to cut it here.

None of that is hating or scapegoating. It's nothing Personal. It's my honest assessment of him.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:23 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

And it is.

He's not getting enough, but the chances he does get, he misses. He could not have asked for a better chance than the one he got late on yesterday. Zlatan, Mata and Martial all doing their bit for him and he blasted it straight at the keeper. The keeper took the praise, but it just hit him. Lukaku should have taken him out of the equation.

I thought he did ok at Arsenal. You can't force someone to play with confidence, but they can continue to contribute and do the right things. He did that at Arsenal and to a lesser extent at Watford, but yesterday he was in full 'try hard' mode. He was similar at Anfield too. Just panicking and all over the place. Seemingly unable to handle the occasion and responsibility.

He talks a big game, but there are serious question marks as to whether this guy is capable of making the improvements necessary to lead and whether he has the mentality to cut it here.

None of that is hating or scapegoating. It's nothing Personal. It's my honest assessment of him.
Nice pointy hat

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:23 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Incorrect, rooney is 6 in 7
I know, same amount of goals now isn't it?

When I compared them, I compared the impact on the game, both are 2/3 seconds behind.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

And it is.

Absolutely agree with every word of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Nice pointy hat

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Jethro

Quote:
I know, same amount of goals now isn't it?

When I compared them, I compared the impact on the game, both are 2/3 seconds behind.
You said 5 before

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Absolutely agree with every word of this.

And I'm not writing him off yet either. He's young enough to improve and this will do his development a world of good if he can come through it.

He wasn't my first choice. He's not a player I liked, but he's here, we have a lot invested in him and it's still relatively early days..... It's just a very costly and difficult learning curve.

I hope he comes through it.

I'd take him out the firing line for the next couple of games though.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
You said 5 before
I'm trying to be nice to him.

The atmosphere around him yesterday wasn't good.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Nice pointy hat
"Dunce ? Why's he calling me a dunce.... ohhh"

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:39 AM
magic_cantona

Remember when we used to have actual wingers* that crossed the ball and/or beat the RB or LB?

*Not centre forwards 'converted' into wingers.

Lukaku would've had to have been 25ft tall to get to some of the 'passes' our defenders lumped to him yesterday. He had a bad game, going through an iffy spell but now he's 'shit'

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Remember when we used to have actual wingers* that crossed the ball and/or beat the RB or LB?

*Not centre forwards 'converted' into wingers.

Lukaku would've had to have been 25ft tall to get to some of the 'passes' our defenders lumped to him yesterday. He had a bad game, going through an iffy spell but now he's 'shit'
The bloke can't control a football.

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:40 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Haven't had that (consistently) since Ronaldo left

Nani could. He just usually wouldn't.

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:44 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

We bought a winger. The support wanted rid.

We bought another and £#%&!ed him off after 5 minutes too (Zaha)

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:47 AM
andyroo

Quote:
We bought a winger. The support wanted rid.
He wanted rid

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:49 AM
20 times

Who are you talking about?

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
The bloke can't control a football.
He was top scorer last season, he's our top scorer, he's scored a lot of goals everywhere he's been - now he's shite?

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
He wanted rid
VG? Yes. Didn't like players taking a risk.

Zaha would be ideal for this team. Takes players on, provides width, has good pace. His final ball might be a bit iffy but he'd have a go.

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:50 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
He was top scorer last season, he's our top scorer, he's scored a lot of goals everywhere he's been - now he's shite?
There was never a question of him putting the ball away, never. More his overall game, attitude and workrate. It's not United level and at the very top you can't afford to carry players like we do.

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:50 AM
AK14

Quote:
VG? Yes. Didn't like players taking a risk.

Zaha would be ideal for this team. Takes players on, provides width, has good pace. His final ball might be a bit iffy but he'd have a go.
Wow

Unread 11-12-2017, 11:53 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wow

Zaha has proven to be a very good player at Palace. He'll end up at Spurs.

He's not going to be the difference but from the bench during a tight game, he'd be better than bringing on Mata FFS.
Closed Thread