Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
My early predictions:

3-1 Utd in the Nou Camp
2-0 Utd at OT
:mmmonkey:

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Barracuda

I don't think we should go mad, but in the away leg it really would be in our best interests to open the game up a bit. Barca are so poor defensively that we should be looking at a couple of away goals.

I hate to say this, but Liverpool showed in their tie last year that Barca don't like being hassled and pressured - and if they can force them back and get two away goals, then so should we.

The danger is if either SAF or the players freeze and start worrying about failing, and maybe the games between now and then will determine the frame of mind going into the game.

But the team is more than capable of winning this tie quite comfortably IMO, they are way better defensively (injuries permitting), and they are more than a match going forward. Hopefully performances and results in the next few games will will build up their confidence for when the tie comes about.

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
High tempo and have a go at them. Not stupidly though. Like last night.
It's got to be. If we play patiently and let them come at us we're in deep shit and will hand chelsea/Liverpool the trophy.

Unread 10-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Personally I think it might be a risky idea to go in tentative and cautious. Ala the Lyon games.
Do they play a counter attack and take advantage of the space, but let Barca pass it and control the game?
Or do they control the game and put Barca under as much pressure as possible and rely on the pace of Ferdinand to cope with Henry?
Decisions decisions, and I think SAF will be cautious, but I hope not.

Unread 10-04-2008, 11:16 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Personally I think it might be a risky idea to go in tentative and cautious. Ala the Lyon games.
Do they play a counter attack and take advantage of the space, but let Barca pass it and control the game?
Or do they control the game and put Barca under as much pressure as possible and rely on the pace of Ferdinand to cope with Henry?
Decisions decisions, and I think SAF will be cautious, but I hope not.
That's the way to do it.

But I, like you, think Fergie will bottle it

Unread 10-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo

But I, like you,
Thanks mate. You're not so bad yourself.
Closed Thread