United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2008, 09:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default This Evra ban.

Personally think it's an absolute disgrace and that we should, on principle appeal it. Trouble is, he's only gonna miss Stoke and Boro in the leage and so pragmatically it might be worth taking the ban on the chin. Who the £#%&! the FA are to decide matter like whether Evra was racially abused or what his response should have been I don't know.

Unread 08-12-2008, 09:58 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

It makes you think, if our ground staff started a scuff with say Steven Gerrard after a game do you think the same thing would happen? And if so might unscrupulous clubs start hiring fighty types as groundsmen to kick off with promotion/relegation rivals to try and get their players banned?

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
It makes you think, if our ground staff started a scuff with say Steven Gerrard after a game do you think the same thing would happen? And if so might unscrupulous clubs start hiring fighty types as groundsmen to kick off with promotion/relegation rivals to try and get their players banned?
I've seen no evidence that Evra did anything worthy of a 4 match ban. Is the basis of it the word of someone who almost certainly racially abused Evra? Why believe him? They certainly just seem to have taken the word of Chelsea over Un ited essentially.

What is the situation on Satdee by the way, Evra is banned for 5 bookings, is Rooney too?

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Personally think it's an absolute disgrace and that we should, on principle appeal it. Trouble is, he's only gonna miss Stoke and Boro in the leage and so pragmatically it might be worth taking the ban on the chin. Who the £#%&! the FA are to decide matter like whether Evra was racially abused or what his response should have been I don't know.
By law they cant decide that. In order for a remark to be deemed "racist" someone has to consider it to be. That's it. You could claim this post is racist and by law it is. As long as someone feels it's racist, it is. How £#%&!ing ridiculous but that's how it is.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
By law they cant decide that. In order for a remark to be deemed "racist" someone has to consider it to be. That's it. You could claim this post is racist and by law it is. As long as someone feels it's racist, it is. How £#%&!ing ridiculous but that's how it is.
This matter should have either been dealt with by the police or not at all. The whole situation and Evras ban is a sham and disgrace in my opinion.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
This matter should have either been dealt with by the police or not at all. The whole situation and Evras ban is a sham and disgrace in my opinion.
Racist.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Racist.
Whatever Sniffles, whatever.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Whatever Sniffles, whatever.
Forget it. It was a very lame attempt at humour. Read my previous post again.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Forget it. It was a very lame attempt at humour. Read my previous post again.
I read it, felt like over egging of a rather dull pudding to me is all.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Smurf

Quote:
And if so might unscrupulous clubs start hiring fighty types as groundsmen to kick off with promotion/relegation rivals to try and get their players banned?
I'm loving this.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
I read it, felt like over egging of a rather dull pudding to me is all.
Damn, I was really hoping you'd like it too. Sorry to have wasted your time and left you feeling like the above.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
I'm loving this.
"Meet our two new groundsmen, this is Gripper and this is Crusher,. They are going to tell frank lampard rude things about his mum in the warm down."

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Damn, I was really hoping you'd like it too. Sorry to have wasted your time and left you feeling like the above.
Fine.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Crumps

Quote:
"Meet our two new groundsmen, this is Gripper and this is Crusher,. They are going to tell frank lampard rude things about his mum in the warm down."
Just get Scar in. He'll be cheaper and much more offensive.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:17 AM
It's just a flesh wound

Time to pull out of the FA Cup again.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Not true. It was true once upon a time. But the law evolves (or was created by god, can't remember which)
A mister Lord Justice Pool, who actually lives in Manchester (Stockport) and resided over the case of the Bowyer and the kid he battered for being a '****' and called it off because of the press interview, questioned it. He said that if you said to me 'Nice day, isnt it', it would be ridiculous to claim that it was racist, just because I 'found it racist'. Thus the law was changed.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
But the law evolves
Football is illegal and a Welshmann can legally stab to death any Englishman who has visited Chester.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Manchester

I think a couple of points need to be raised on this matter though, firstly why the £#%&! has it taken the FA till December to come up with this ban? I mean, the incident happened in April. Not as if England went to Euro 2008, so they had £#%&! all else to do in the meantime.

Secondly, Chelsea were fined more, so in theory, the FA have blamed Chelsea for this incident, or believe them to be more in the wrong than United. So why add on top of that a 4 match ban?
Reports suggested that Paddy squared up to the bloke, got punched in the side of the head, a clear 4 match ban eh
The FA have an agenda against us, no doubt about it. Cantona - United banned him till the end of the season, the FA see fit to extend the ban till October. Keane - punished twice for the same offence, yet Drogba faced no action for coming out and stating that he wished he'd punched Vidic harder. Paddy gets 4 games for being allegedly racially abused and punched, whereas Drogba gets a 3 match ban for gesticulating to Burnley fans, and then throwing a coin at them during a match.

I'm not bitter or owt, but I would like some consistency. If the FA were consistent with their decisions then fair play. And in the same way, if the Referees were also consistent, then fair play, they would at least earn their respect due.

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Spot on Manchester.

Unread 08-12-2008, 12:55 PM
dodger

What is the actual charge anyway? I'd love united, or anybody, to got a proper court with some of this ridiculous FA bullshit. it would last five minutes. The only reason they don't is becasue the whole game would fall apart but if they keep on pushing it with sort of shite...

Compare and contrast the Liverpool thing last week.
Closed Thread