United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2022, 11:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I love eth already. you can just feel we have a football manager now. with tactics and standards.

those 3 years we spent with boys told to go out and 'have fun' sends shivers down my spine.
Took the words right out of my mouth. That's literally exactly how i feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

We will get there with this gaffer!

Unread 06-07-2022, 06:35 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
We look a lot slower, what’s The Scottish Player doing?

Unread 06-07-2022, 07:21 AM
MUFC One Love

He just looks like a proper manager doesn't he?

I think he will improve the players who are here.

I can't wait to watch us with a manager who has a clue tactically.

Unread 06-07-2022, 07:38 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
What a world of a difference from 12 months ago

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1544414684035649539

From "thats football" to THIS?!

Quote:

Unread 06-07-2022, 07:44 AM
Mr_Ed

If we can get anywhere like this and play out of the back then I’ll be happier. Can I see Harry pinging it about like this? Naah

Unread 06-07-2022, 07:54 AM
Jethro

Just like a Monday night session at the pits

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:23 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Donny is clearly gonna play loads this season. Sancho too I think.

Would love to know the report cards so far. Apparently he’s loving Zidane Iqbal, Hannibal and Garnacho from the kids. Really hoping Garner has a good tour. Can’t believe I’m weighing up MUTV again.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:28 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Donny is clearly gonna play loads this season. Sancho too I think.

Would love to know the report cards so far. Apparently he’s loving Zidane Iqbal, Hannibal and Garnacho from the kids. Really hoping Garner has a good tour. Can’t believe I’m weighing up MUTV again.

The video yesterday of Erik speaking to Garner made me smile. Hoping for big things from Garnachers this season.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:29 AM
Seamus

ETH will be the next great manager.

Unread 06-07-2022, 08:42 AM
browser

Donny, Eriksen, FDJ, Garner, Sancho can all give and receive a ball in tight spaces, whisper it….Martial too..

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
ETH will be the next great manager.
It really does feel like that doesn't it.

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:16 AM
dunk

I’ve been complaining about the passing for about 10 £#%&!ing years. Always the wrong pace, slightly behind, slightly infront, to the wrong foot, favouring the defender and meaning the receiving player has to take extra touches or make a rushed pass. Infuriating.

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
What a world of a difference from 12 months ago

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1544414684035649539

From "thats football" to THIS?!

Made me chuckle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I love eth already. you can just feel we have a football manager now. with tactics and standards.

those 3 years we spent with boys told to go out and 'have fun' sends shivers down my spine.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I don't think we'll have anything like the trouble of the past.
Yup. Majority of the shit@#%&!s have gone and rest of the players will be his players by the end of the windows.

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:38 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We look a lot slower, what’s The Scottish Player doing?
Getting exposed. The likes of him and rashford will stand out like a sore thumb. They don't have the touch for this kind of thing.

On the other hand the likes of sancho, Bruno and god forbid martial will thrive in such an environment as the natural talent will shine through.

Unread 06-07-2022, 09:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Great to see….but also depressing at how slow they all are

Some of them are just simply not going to be able do it. *coughThe Scottish Playercough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve been complaining about the passing for about 10 £#%&!ing years. Always the wrong pace, slightly behind, slightly infront, to the wrong foot, favouring the defender and meaning the receiving player has to take extra touches or make a rushed pass. Infuriating.
Yep. All spot on. It’s never awful, just a degree or two off by one of or all those metrics you’ve listed. Plus a second too early or too late. It kills moves.

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:03 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Donny, Eriksen, FDJ, Garner, Sancho can all give and receive a ball in tight spaces, whisper it….Martial too..
hate to take it there again...

But those would be the players our last permanent manager didn’t like so much and didn’t have nicknames for...

Speaks volumes

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Agree.
You can agree, but it’s £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. You don’t get the results against the teams we got results against in that period by ‘going out and having fun’ if you think that is the case then you’re a bit simple tbh.

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
First season i've looked forward to in years.
Same tbh

Theres a level of excitement around just hoping you can see some semblance of change to the teams style of play, god it would be amazing to see the signs early even if results are dodgy.

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Absolute scenes on here if Tony turns it around and bangs in 25 this season as part of a fluid attacking force*
*lol

Unread 06-07-2022, 10:15 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You can agree, but it’s £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. You don’t get the results against the teams we got results against in that period by ‘going out and having fun’ if you think that is the case then you’re a bit simple tbh.
Don't make me post his last 12 results. Would love to know what his tactics or words of wisdom where in those games...
Closed Thread