United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-07-2023, 08:57 AM
Stickman

just looked like a classic discombobulated pre season match, going off an extended highlights package.

Unread 31-07-2023, 09:03 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
"Shit" Antony with a very good goal.

Onana screaming at Maguire for being shit

https://twitter.com/EduOfAwka/status...j9F4IS1nw&s=19
Wonderful to see. Hopefully fans start following suit and hound him out of the club. He’s not welcome here.

Unread 31-07-2023, 09:06 AM
armchair

Maguire seeking legal advice after that

Unread 31-07-2023, 09:24 AM
Sparky***

Glad a i never bothered to stay up for that

what a roaring success this tour has been eh, Came away with two injuries to young players and lost virtually every game.

Unread 31-07-2023, 09:56 AM
dunk

Decent for all but a minute first half tbf. Sancho looking very sharp.

Onana

Get the impression the boss is not a fan of these tours tbh. Complaints about the amount of travelling, injuries etc.

Unread 31-07-2023, 09:58 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Decent for all but a minute first half tbf. Sancho looking very sharp.

Onana

Get the impression the boss is not a fan of these tours tbh. Complaints about the amount of travelling, injuries etc.
none of them are. Fergie wasn't, Mourinho wasn't a fan, neither was Van Gaal.

You can't blame them, they're not exactly ideal for preparation. You spend more time travelling around than you do actually working on the training pitch.

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:05 AM
jem

results don't matter.

building cohesion does. would not say we have achieved much from that perspective, but now is where 10h earns his corn. getting our players to look before the final ball, so they actually play it to someone would help. and the defence looks a mess.

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:06 AM
wiganste

Well it's over and done with. Pre-season games are shite, not worth bothering with. It's all about getting a few minutes in the legs.

I do expect to see more intensity when we play Lens at Old Trafford next saturday but still won't read too much into it

Unread 31-07-2023, 10:51 AM
ZiggyStardust

Watched the match
We actually played quite well for 43 minutes or so with our 2nd team outplaying their best 11 but then we melted down with two huge mistakes in the space of a minute

Strange team for ETH to pick for the 2nd last game of preseason ( I know we have two left but different teams will play in each) however he might have been influenced after seeing the pitch in Vegas which was very artificial

I bet ETH will be delighted to get out of America and get down to proper pre-season work on good pitches

Onana is actually going to be a bigger upgrade over Dave than I thought
Loved his %@#$&!ing of Maguire (fully deserved)
Finally a goalkeeper with some personality

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:11 AM
goldfinger II

Watched it as well and agree we played quite well. Dominated the majority of the game.

The old problem of not converting our possession into clear cut chances and goals was again an issue, and was then confounded by 3 individual errors leading to their goals. Was sure we'd go on and win the game once we equalised but we seemed to relax too much after that.

Dalot was excellent for us, I thought - looked like he was transforming into Zinedine Zidane at times - no joke. Fair play to him. Mount looked very sharp when he came on, to be fair to him. Pellistri, Erikson and Sancho were good as well, but the best player on the pitch was that Adeyemi character for Dortmund. He looks a player and we struggled to handle him all night.

There was some argybargy (sp?) between Adeyemi and Forson, who also played well, about half an hour in. From what I could see, it looked like Adeyemi was just being a #@&%! but Ten Haag substituted Forson a couple of minutes later, then spoke to him at length at the side of the pitch. He doesn't get much wrong but I really think that talk would have been better had off camera. Felt for the lad.

Unread 31-07-2023, 11:23 AM
shenwen

Onana looked good again.

Biggest takeaway though was the co-commentator not being able to distinguish between yellow and green. The green wall

“Let’s not split hairs Stuart”

Unread 31-07-2023, 01:05 PM
armchair

Unread 31-07-2023, 03:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Glad a i never bothered to stay up for that

what a roaring success this tour has been eh, Came away with two injuries to young players and lost virtually every game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBSMGVXAco
Um no, not really.

Indeed, we beat Leeds and Arsenal - what more could any United fan ask for?

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Um no, not really.

Indeed, we beat Leeds and Arsenal - what more could any United fan ask for?
We didn’t play Leeds in America did we?

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We didn’t play Leeds in America did we?
No. And neither was Lyon.

Just the Arsenal game we won on the tour.

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Which is the only one we played a recognisable first team in.