United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Sparky***

Default We're getting exactly what we need..

..Exactly what I hoped would happen off the pitch when Van Gaal took over. It's why he should have been appointed straight after Fergie. On the pitch, everything is still struggling to take shape, but this transfer window has given us just a glimpse of something missing in the last 2-3 years. Someone in charge with a radical vision and the balls to carry it out, with no sentiment.

Our squad had become bloated, full of mediocrity. This first wave of culling bodes very well for the future. Putting quality immediately into the team with big spending however is a way to put right the short term whilst Van Gaal hopefully gets busy in the next 2 years sorting out our long term - our broken youth system and scouting set up.

That is what I want and i'm sure what we all want long term. A system like Bayern or Barcelona that's built around producing our own players and adding maybe a star every here and there. Every team from the first team to the under 15s playing a modern european style. So we can finally get back to producing the kind of talent that Manchester United deserves. That is a true philosophy.

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
..Exactly what I hoped would happen off the pitch when Van Gaal took over. It's why he should have been appointed straight after Fergie. On the pitch, everything is still struggling to take shape, but this transfer window has given us just a glimpse of something missing in the last 2-3 years. Someone in charge with a radical vision and the balls to carry it out, with no sentiment.

Our squad had become bloated, full of mediocrity. This first wave of culling bodes very well for the future. Putting quality immediately into the team with big spending however is a way to put right the short term whilst Van Gaal hopefully gets busy in the next 2 years sorting out our long term - our broken youth system and scouting set up.

That is what I want and i'm sure what we all want long term. A system like Bayern or Barcelona that's built around producing our own players and adding maybe a star every here and there. Every team from the first team to the under 15s playing a modern european style. So we can finally get back to producing the kind of talent that Manchester United deserves. That is a true philosophy.

would like to see more of the deadwood culled but think that will happen in January

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:22 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

would like to see more of the deadwood culled but think that will happen in January
Not much more to go now.

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Not much more to go now.
dunno bud...Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Fletcher, Smalling, fat @#%&! Anderson...still too many wage thiefs at the club

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Not much more to go now.
felaini young valencia anderson

fletcher evans smalling carrick(34) are a tier above them, just.

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:27 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
felaini young valencia anderson

fletcher evans smalling carrick(34) are a tier above them, just.
Valencia should stay as RB cover

Anderson, Young and Felliani to go
Fletcher out of contract in the summer as is Carrick

Evans and Smalling will stay

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:29 PM
ScarFace

Quote:

No, raf should stay as rb cover.

He is never fit and not good enough to be a starter.

In the summer i want a top Rb and CB

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
No, raf should stay as rb cover.

He is never fit and not good enough to be a starter.

In the summer i want a top Rb and CB
hoping thats just his age and its behind him. Needs to be less rash in the tackle (same as Jones) and he will be injured less

could be a top drawer right wing back if fit

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Neo

No WUM, seeing the deadwood getting turfed out is just as satisfying as seeing worldies like Di Maria and Falcao coming in.

Best thing is, Van Gaal won't tolerate shit@#%&!s crawling back into the club once their loans are finished either. This is definitely the last we'll ever see of shitehawks like Nani, Cleverley, Zaha and Hernandez at United.

January will see another cull, with hopefully a decent centre-back or midfielder coming in. If we finish top 4 it's scary (for ABUs) to think who we'll get next summer! Van Gaal attracted world-class South Americans when we're not even playing in Europe, ffs. Think what we'll get next year if we're readying an onslaught on the Champion's League! Start the Reus and Hummels threads, baby.

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
hoping thats just his age and its behind him. Needs to be less rash in the tackle (same as Jones) and he will be injured less

could be a top drawer right wing back if fit
He's 24 not 18.
He is a twin, a lot of twins a genetically weak/mongy.

He is made of glass.

Fat Al

Too much dead wood (AKA shit@#%&!s) to get rid of in one go, especially given some of the absolutely bloated wages these @#%&!s are thieving.

BUT, as Sparky says, it's a Work In Progress.

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
No WUM, seeing the deadwood getting turfed out is just as satisfying as seeing worldies like Di Maria and Falcao coming in.

Best thing is, Van Gaal won't tolerate shit@#%&!s crawling back into the club once their loans are finished either. This is definitely the last we'll ever see of shitehawks like Nani, Cleverley, Zaha and Hernandez at United.

January will see another cull, with hopefully a decent centre-back or midfielder coming in. If we finish top 4 it's scary (for ABUs) to think who we'll get next summer! Van Gaal attracted world-class South Americans when we're not even playing in Europe, ffs. Think what we'll get next year if we're readying an onslaught on the Champion's League!
Hummels, Vidal and Ronaldo next summer

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
He's 24 not 18.
He is a twin, a lot of twins a genetically weak/mongy.

He is made of glass.

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:35 PM
utd99

I think Carrick will do ok when he comes back. Obviously depending on whether there is even any room for him in the team.

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

January will see another cull, with hopefully a decent centre-back or midfielder coming in. If we finish top 4 it's scary (for ABUs) to think who we'll get next summer! Van Gaal attracted world-class South Americans when we're not even playing in Europe, ffs. Think what we'll get next year if we're readying an onslaught on the Champion's League! Start the Reus and Hummels threads, baby.
I think Ronaldo has begun the prodigal son process already.

Slagging off RM and their transfer policy, bigging up Falcao and clearly stating he "hopes" to return.

Is it too early for a Ronnie's back thread for the next Summer window?

Unread 02-09-2014, 06:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

To be honest this is not exactly what I expected from LvG

For a start I didn't see him carrying the 352 on from the WC as he's never played it at club level and all our centre backs apart from Rojo are British so wouldn't know how to play 3 at the back at all

I also expected him to strengthen areas like centre defence and midfield more than we have as we are still weak in those areas rather than sign another out and out striker. Doesn't seem a typical van Gaal thing to do
I assume there are particular players like Strootman that he's targeting that he is happy to wait until the January or even the summer transfer window for

We'll have to wait and see over the coming months to see how it all fits together especially Falcao with Rooney and RvP up front but I have to say it's not exactly what I was expecting from LvG

Unread 02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
92ToBury

Ronaldo, Falcao and Di Maria as a front three next year?

Unread 02-09-2014, 07:13 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Ronaldo, Falcao and Di Maria as a front three next year?

Unread 02-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:

Think he'll keep Carrick

Unread 02-09-2014, 07:35 PM
jem

I'm with zig. mad spending, mad squad balance, mad formation.... not going to be dull.

however, as we have always said looking at other big spenders... it's not enough to spend. you have to blend. players need to develop an understanding. still don't see our mcgrath and robson. with all that money, that's where I would have started.

still.... it's way better than this time last year. looking forward to getting into double figures regularly.

p.s. valencia - carrick - ando still the most credible middle three we have. you knows it.
Closed Thread