United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:20 PM
TravellingRed

Default Finding match officials from a game

I need to find who the match officials were for a game, specifically us v tottenham in 2005 when Roy Carrol £#%&!ed up but the ref disallowed it. I know Clattenberg reffed it but I can only find the name of one linesman, I need to find the other one and I can't find any record online. My dad did have all the programmes but my mum made him give them all away

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Best way to do this is to find a good image of the linesman's face, then go onto Facebook and search every name until you find a profile picture that looks like the image from the game.

Once you do, there's a chance that could be the person, and you can confirm it by messaging them directly.

If not, it could be a close relative, therefore narrowing your search considerably.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:47 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Best way to do this is to find a good image of the linesman's face, then go onto Facebook and search every name until you find a profile picture that looks like the image from the game.

Once you do, there's a chance that could be the person, and you can confirm it by messaging them directly.

If not, it could be a close relative, therefore narrowing your search considerably.
Good idea but if I had an image I wouldn't need a name; a known bullshitter at work has excelled himself today by claiming he was a lino at this game but the opposite end to the Carroll incident. This is a whopper even for him and, I thought, easily disprovable, but alas, it isn't

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Ray Lewis was a lino if this helps...

Quote:
.Clattenburg nor his linesman Ray Lewis awarded the goal

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:55 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ray Lewis was a lino if this helps...
I know, I found that but he's claimed he was on the other side, not as stupid as I thought. His son went from being a betting shop runner to having 30 lads under him putting thousands a week down and banned from every betting shop in town in about 3 days. Also knows Tyson Fury really well.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
I know, I found that but he's claimed he was on the other side, not as stupid as I thought. His son went from being a betting shop runner to having 30 lads under him putting thousands a week down and banned from every betting shop in town in about 3 days. Also knows Tyson Fury really well.
I'll keep searching....

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:59 PM
Sapien

Have you tried looking on www.referees.com/history/data/2005/

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:00 PM
Baron

It’s a lot harder than you think from my cursory Google.

Was also Rob Lewis, not Ray. But he was the one you don’t need.

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Just find someone with the programme?

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:07 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:08 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Just came back to suggest that

TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Just find someone with the programme?
That's why I put it here. Still can't believe my dad GAVE AWAY a full set of programmes from about 92 upto 2017 the absolute nutcase.

Bunker Buster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Just came back to suggest that
His ego won't let it go.....

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
That's why I put it here. Still can't believe my dad GAVE AWAY a full set of programmes from about 92 upto 2017 the absolute nutcase.
May aswell have burned about £75 in crisp notes.

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Worst case scenario, you could buy a copy of the programme:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144656477...=&toolid=10050

Probably a great way to catch the lying @#%&! out when you slap it on his desk.

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
I need to find who the match officials were for a game, specifically us v tottenham in 2005 when Roy Carrol £#%&!ed up but the ref disallowed it. I know Clattenberg reffed it but I can only find the name of one linesman, I need to find the other one and I can't find any record online. My dad did have all the programmes but my mum made him give them all away
Could try contacting the PGMOL…

https://mobile.twitter.com/fa_pgmol

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:21 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Worst case scenario, you could buy a copy of the programme:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144656477...=&toolid=10050

Probably a great way to catch the lying @#%&! out when you slap it on his desk.
I'm tempted. Also claimed to have run the line at Rovers v Arsenal which is another line of enquiry. I work with quite a few rovers fans who go regular. Oh and he played for Barrow a couple of times as well

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Is this your mate ?

Unread 28-07-2022, 07:32 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

F5ing this one... Edge of seat stuff
Closed Thread