Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

That was spot on Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i enjoyed that.
Cheers.

Unread 21-05-2012, 10:05 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Last game of an eventful season yesterday and it was a cup final against a team we have yet to beat this season. We drew 3-3 twice with them, on one occasion they only had 6 players (7 a side btw) so I knew it was going to be a close one.

Ended up over powering them in extra time and winning 3-1 with Scholes Jnr bagging Man of the Match

Unread 21-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Unread 18-06-2012, 10:06 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Well what a good weekend.

After our cup win last month we entered this weekends Bobby Charlton Soccer School tournament.
We had a tough group (or so we thought) and won all 4 games very comfortably.
QF we cruised through, the other team didnt even get in our half and that set up a semi final with Fletcher Moss A who had several United academy players....we battered them, again they didn't even have a shot on goal.

The final was a nervy affair with us missing several chances, the game ended 0-0 and we went to pens. We scored all ours and won 3-2....absolutely buzzing.

I'm currently preparing my CV for when Froggie retires, i might even bring in carlo as my assistant

Unread 18-06-2012, 10:11 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

Quote:

After our cup win last month we entered this weekends Bobby Charlton Soccer School tournament.
QF we cruised through, the other team didnt even get in our half and that set up a semi final with Fletcher Moss A who had several United academy players....we battered them, again they didn't even have a shot on goal.

The final was a nervy affair with us missing several chances, the game ended 0-0 and we went to pens. We scored all ours and won 3-2....absolutely buzzing.

I'm currently preparing my CV for when Froggie retires, i might even bring in carlo as my assistant
More chance of me accepting an offer from Mancini and working for City.

Unread 18-06-2012, 10:14 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
More chance of me accepting an offer from Mancini and working for City.
Judas scum

Unread 18-06-2012, 10:36 AM
elephantstone

my lad is 6 and he trains at a 'soccer' school type thing on a saturday, the thing is he is bobbins and I try and encourage him as much as I can and we practice most nights.I am just hoping that something clicks and he starts playing half decent.

Unread 18-06-2012, 10:43 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
my lad is 6 and he trains at a 'soccer' school type thing on a saturday, the thing is he is bobbins and I try and encourage him as much as I can and we practice most nights.I am just hoping that something clicks and he starts playing half decent.
They all progress differently, 2 of the lads on our team were shocking at 5 and 6 but are now really good little players.
Some lads just look good immediately and will always stand out.

From a technical point of view our best 2-3 players are the small lads on the team (scholes jnr being the smallest) but the lads that stand out are the big strong ones or the ones who are rapid.

Unread 18-06-2012, 11:02 AM
elephantstone

his tackling has improved and his awareness of what position to be in when his team have the ball.

he enjoys it and that is the main thing.

Unread 18-06-2012, 11:06 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
his tackling has improved and his awareness of what position to be in when his team have the ball.

he enjoys it and that is the main thing.
It is at 6, our lads are 8 and 9 now and hate losing, i mean full on toys out of the pram...luckily they've scooped 2 trophies in a few weeks....the parents can be as bad though..had to stop a full on fight on Saturday

Unread 18-06-2012, 11:43 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
It is at 6, our lads are 8 and 9 now and hate losing, i mean full on toys out of the pram...luckily they've scooped 2 trophies in a few weeks....the parents can be as bad though..had to stop a full on fight on Saturday
Im not in to shouting or anything like that on the sideline, I always encourage him and tell him to concentrate and keep focussed.

Unread 18-06-2012, 11:54 AM
believe

Quote:
Im not in to shouting or anything like that on the sideline, I always encourage him and tell him to concentrate and keep focussed.
this is probably why he's shit

Unread 18-06-2012, 12:07 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
this is probably why he's shit

Unread 18-06-2012, 03:08 PM
red monday

Quote:

Not convinced the second penalty was over the line. Your team were good, deserved the win.

Unread 18-06-2012, 03:18 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by red monday
Not convinced the second penalty was over the line. Your team were good, deserved the win.

It was a very close one, if i'm being honest I thought it was in.
We played really well and should have won during normal time. C&G have always caused us problems (only team to beat us at JJB)

So who are you then redders?

Unread 18-06-2012, 03:30 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:

Unread 18-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Crumps

Quote:

We played really well and should have won during normal time. C&G have always caused us problems (only team to beat us at JJB)

He's the opposition Goalie.

Redders, turn off PM's and ignore anything Albert Tatlock says.

Unread 18-06-2012, 03:52 PM
red monday

Quote:

Just a parent of one of the C&G boys. It was over the line by the way, I was behind the goal and it was clearly in. Thought our coach was being a bit optimistic in his appeal to the ref, but it was his lad in goal

Unread 18-06-2012, 04:07 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red monday
Just a parent of one of the C&G boys. It was over the line by the way, I was behind the goal and it was clearly in. Thought our coach was being a bit optimistic in his appeal to the ref, but it was his lad in goal

He's alright the lad that runs C&G. I was told it was 5 pens each hence the lack of celebration when the 3rd went in.

I made them practice them on Thursday night so glad it payed off.
Closed Thread