United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We finished above them last season, yet they were closer to the title than us?

You're AOTS

We were awful today btw. Nothing like recent performances. Created next to £#%&! all and only went ahead through a piece of luck.
Clearly downed tools last season though. People like Matic, Hazard, Costa etc went on a holiday for near enough all season. They still had title winning quality even if they went to sleep for a year.

Surely not that ridiculous to say Conte came into a stronger team than Mourinho found at United.

I'm aots? I'm not the one wishing for a return of "the big man" who had us play some of the most horrific football seen at united for generations. We beat everton 3-0 under him so obviously things were fantastic last season.

You van gaal lads need to fall back and admit defeat. Mourinho isnt being forced out because for the most part we are playing well. Not that well today though.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I thought we were controlling a team for 60 minutes, finding holes when we wanted too and looking sharp, was only a matter of time before we got the second

Then for some unexplained reason we shit the bed and just stopped doing what was working

We played well before that.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
very easy to see why mourinho would choose power and pace as his allies at goodison. and easy to why he would go for a bit of continuity as well.

but everton had £#%&! all much to offer and the game just drifted from very early on. there were loads of spaces we could have used a lot better and we desperately missed the creativity of mata in there imo. the link up between pogab and zlatan failed miserably down the centre, and we were crying out for someone to link up and allow mhiki and herrera to advance through the lines in combination play...

everton should have been blown away today but in the end we sat back and waited to concede because we have almost zero counter attack. both teams deserved to lose.

as for bringing on fellaini, just £#%&! off.
Why do you think it's just accepted as a given that we are shit on the counter? It's not as though Chelsea or Liverpool have better players than us, on paper at least, so why do we just accept this? Is it desire? Is it mentality? Have we simply bought mentally weak players?

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well, yeah and the players Tbf

He'll get it right eventually I reckon, but these draws that feel like defeats are *£#%&!ing up my weekends tbh*

*not really, but you know what I mean*

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Yep, he told them on 60th minute to stop trying to score

Anti mourinho gang on here shaping up nicely, rooers leading from the front.

We welcome the battle, lads.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

He did nothing until the 80th? Minute though

Should have changed thing way before he did.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Not interested in a "gang". Just really, really £#%&!ing annoyed.

Vedder

Not only out of the title race but probably out of the race for top four in December. December ffs

ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Not only out of the title race but probably out of the race for top four in December. December ffs
welcome to the 70s and 80s pal............

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:47 PM
utd99

Quote:

No. If you wanted people to accept when Van Gaal was doing poorly based on the evidence in front of their eyes rather than their bias, then you have to do the same, otherwise it's just the same horse, just a different colour. I wanted Mourinho in, but he is underperforming thus far. That's not to say that is how the story will end, but players are not the only ones who should be subjected to ongoing appraisal. That was shit from him today, end of.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No. If you wanted people to accept when Van Gaal was doing poorly based on the evidence in front of their eyes rather than their bias, then you have to do the same, otherwise it's just the same horse, just a different colour. I wanted Mourinho in, but he is underperforming thus far. That's not to say that is how the story will end, but players are not the only ones who should be subjected to ongoing appraisal. That was shit from him today, end of.
This.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Not interested in a "gang". Just really, really £#%&!ing annoyed.
Not like you tbf

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Matial has all the potential in the world; he could easily end up in that elite echelon if he wanted to, but it is never going to happen, not even close, while he has this mentality. You never had to tell Giggs or Ronaldo to make run after run after run, they just had the desire and passion to know that was what makes great players. Martial far too often passes up those runs in favour of the stand (or trot) and watch approach. I don't know if desire can be taught.
No, but you can create a mindset. He's working harder. He did the dirty work today and had a good night on Wednesday.

Pogba and Zlatan slowed things horribly at times today and that never helps martial. It was either that or hopeless balls over the top from Rojo. Felt he was feeding on scraps today, but didn't hide.

He wasn't a concern today imo.

Pogba was really poor today. Looked awkward, clumsy and needed several touches.

I'm not knocking him for the sake of it. There's clearly an explosive player waiting to get out, but the way he strolls around is hugely frustrating. He seemed totally unaware that he'd have very little time on the ball and never adapted. Dangerous going back and massive wasteful coming forward.

The way he shoots regardless of whether he's even balanced to do so is infuriating.

Him and Zlatan slowing it down killed a few counters today.

Yet another frustrating day at the office. And it doesn't get any easier next weekend.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not like you tbf
too right

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:53 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Well said. Jose's having a shocker.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
And it doesn't get any easier next weekend.
Genuinely think we might win that - its what "cup teams" do.

Billy Redface

Quote:
Absolutely this.

I want mourinho in and I think he's improving us overall, but he's also making a lot of mistakes and we're not winning games. That always comes down to the manager. I think we will improve, but the league target is lowering by the week. If you told me in August that we be out of title race by Christmas and with little chance of top four, I'd be massively disappointed.

We have won 2 league games since August. That is absolutely shocking.

saffers

Quote:
I already criticised his subs. andyroo is of a group that is putting the entire blame on Mourinho. Which is complete bullshit.

Of course he made mistakes today but this is a very unique case where hes rebuilding a truly depressed club. There are certain players who are not good enough and some who are on their last legs. The squad is crazily dysfunctional which is the reason why a gimp like Fellaini is still around like a bad smell. He was on his way to Napoli on loan in 2014 before van Gaal changed his mind...

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Ethers

Giggs used to regularly get criticised as lazy throughout his career, and Ronnie got slated by morons for not tracking back during his first couple of seasons.

Unread 04-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Genuinely think we might win that - its what "cup teams" do.
We need to. How far are they above us? Seven points? And theyre not even top four. It's an absolute must win game.