United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2017, 11:48 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
There is a part of me that says it's all 'look at me, I'm so distraught I have to make a TV prog about it' being the cynical c*** I am about such matters. Jo Cox's husband hasn't been out of the media since his tragedy, writing books and all sorts, smacks of personal projection and feeding a public mawkishness for other peoples grief that has become a cultural norm since the queen of hearts popped her clogs.
Didn't come across like that at all.

Just a man who was clearly vulnerable who was worried for his kids and he thought it was the right time to try and piece things back together.

The cynical approach would make sense if Rio was on loose women every week and releasing books, writing magazine articles talking about it I suppose, but we haven't heard a peep from him until this which makes sense if you see how he's been dealing with it.

It's probably also helped a lot of men and women who are the same boat. The memory jar idea is ace.

Unread 28-03-2017, 11:48 PM
sa7

Berts, they can't help themselves

Quote:
It's all very sad and a horrible thing to happen to him and the kids. I can't for the life of me fathom how hard that must be for them all especially seeing how young she was.

But...

It's not as though he is short of a few bob is it. They'll survive. I would have liked to see a programme about someone less fortunate than him trying to bring up two kids whilst juggling a job/ childcare/ school etc etc after a partner dies of this horrible disease.

Still...

Must have taken a few to make this programme.
Seems Rio wasn't worthy of making this programme as his situation isn't tragic enough.

Unread 28-03-2017, 11:51 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Seems Rio wasn't worthy of making this programme as his situation isn't tragic enough.

Yeah because I'm sure when Rio is sat downstairs at night feeling a bit emotional, he loads up his online banking has a chuckle to cheer himself up and goes and brushes his teeth. £#%&!ing oddballs.

Unread 28-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

That's trips edited post on here mate.....

Unread 29-03-2017, 12:05 AM
Sparky***

I don't think there was any kind of cynical motive at all behind it from Rio's point of view. It genuinely came across as a man struggling with his own grief and trying to manage his children's, it was a very touching, human story that millions of people can relate to sadly.

I think the programme provided him with a vehicle to go about managing his own feelings and taking the first steps towards opening up. You were looking at someone who didn't have the emotional tools to reach out to his own children being offered help and guidance.

At no point during that entire film did his children have a camera shoved in their faces, the camera was always in the background when his children were there - i think that tells you a lot about the man.

Unread 29-03-2017, 06:19 AM
puressence

think its brilliant to raise awareness of issues , men as a rule wont open up hes brought awareness to a lot of people groups that can support not only him but his children , great programme , great idea , hope his recovery and grieving has started properly .

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:39 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's trips edited post on here mate.....
Not sure how much fun life can be when you think the worst and have an inbuilt cynicism about everything and everyone. Odd.

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:44 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Not sure how much fun life can be when you think the worst and have an inbuilt cynicism about everything and everyone. Odd.
Yea, must be awful

Unread 29-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Yea, must be awful
was considering "let's ask no fun" white text

Tbf your cynicism isn't overlaid with a superiority complex or snideiness

[SIZE="1"]most of the time

Unread 29-03-2017, 08:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Berts, you say?

"One of ours had his kids wiped out in a motorway pile-up on derby day. Typical RAG media bias!"

Unread 29-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Ethers

RedIsh being their usual classy self....

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/847133492194557955

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/847130126685028352

Unread 29-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

why are they using a programme about kids dealing with the death of a parent as an excuse to attack ferdinand

Unread 29-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
RedIsh being their usual classy self....
Just seen that. stay classy eh lads. Not really sure what an alleged night of debauchery or whatever it is they claim he's done has to do with his wife dying, but crack on

Unread 29-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Nice....

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:15 PM
red in cumbria

Getting pasted in the comments, though.

Seriously, what is the point of RI these days?

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Speechless.

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Getting pasted in the comments, though.

Seriously, what is the point of RI these days?
Some people still buzz off that anti united rhetoric....

Its abundant all over the net...

Even on here at times..

So red you're filled with hate

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:30 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing state of RI bitter £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Zorg

The state of them. The occasional snippet of insider info about United's possible interest in some full-back from Rennes and they carry on like they're Edward Snowden.

Unread 29-03-2017, 07:38 PM
eusker

I remember them slagging him off because his agent has a friend in the Israeli army. Apparently this means you're not allowed to express any sympathy for those killed in Israel or Palestine.
Closed Thread