out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-03-2024, 10:40 PM
Sparky***

Unread 03-03-2024, 10:43 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Would be surprised if he's here at the start of next season tbh.

I can't say I'm enamoured with the likes of Southgate, Potter or de Zerbi taking over though
Not exactly thrilling is it. Genuinely think Southgate would be worse than Moyes.

Unread 03-03-2024, 10:47 PM
est.1878

Soon as paddy power remember the comical Ali meme he will be finished

Unread 03-03-2024, 10:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Not exactly thrilling is it. Genuinely think Southgate would be worse than Moyes.
I genuinely believe it’ll be him

Gareth £#%&!ing Southgate

Unread 03-03-2024, 10:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
I genuinely believe it’ll be him

Gareth £#%&!ing Southgate
I’ll really struggle if he comes in. I hate him, he hates us. The biggest post-match whingeing @#%&! there was when he managed Middlesbrough.

Unread 03-03-2024, 10:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
What would you expect him to say?
expect something of ETH, you lot don’t do that so why should i.

maybe a dignified silence and pretend to be angry at least.

we are getting worse results and football than mourinho but not the moodiness.
He should be embarrassed that we are embarrassed as a team every week under his tenure.

First time since LVG that we’ve lost a game that we were leading at half time.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:02 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Would be surprised if he's here at the start of next season tbh.

I can't say I'm enamoured with the likes of Southgate, Potter or de Zerbi taking over though
It's worth noting that if De Zebri's name keeps popping up, it's because he's beat Ten Hag twice during both league fixtures.

and took united to a shoot out in the FA cup....

with a squad that is worth almost 5 times less than United's on paper. I'm sure INEOS is taking note of that.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
expect something of ETH, you lot don’t do that so why should i.

maybe a dignified silence and pretend to be angry at least.

we are getting worse results and football than mourinho but not the moodiness.
He should be embarrassed that we are embarrassed as a team every week under his tenure.

First time since LVG that we’ve lost a game that we were leading at half time.
Rubbish response really, in the first instance. Dealing with the matter on the same way as rashford deals with a tackle. Or Sancho his adult responsibilities.

In the second, he’s the manager of a group of players he wants to win their next game, whose heads he doesn’t want to drop.

Don’t bring me a mourinho argument, I didn’t want him gone, i wanted the club to back him that summer they didn’t, after us coming second.

Finally, that's hardly a spirit crushing stat, is it?

Things are bad, no doubt. Realists understand why and, if there was an outstanding replacement candidate waiting in the wings, there might be a greater clamour for ETH to go. But there isn’t. I’d rather we knocked football on the head altogether than hire potter or Southgate. And de Zerbi isn’t doing any better really with Brighton than ETH is with us.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:09 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Rubbish response really, in the first instance. Dealing with the matter on the same way as rashford deals with a tackle. Or Sancho his adult responsibilities.

In the second, he’s the manager of a group of players he wants to win their next game, whose heads he doesn’t want to drop.

Don’t bring me a mourinho argument, I didn’t want him gone, i wanted the club to back him that summer they didn’t, after us coming second.

Things are bad, no doubt. Realists understand why and, if there was an outstanding replacement candidate waiting in the wings, there might be a greater clamour for ETH to go. But there isn’t. I’d rather we knocked football on the head altogether than hire potter or Southgate. And de Zerbi isn’t doing any better really with Brighton than ETH is with us.
Simple stuff this. Great post.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:18 PM
jem

no post which fails to acknowledge that mou is the devil could be described as great.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:27 PM
avocado

Does no-one read or listen? The debate is no longer about the right manager. It is about the right director of football. Whether you like it or not.

Unread 03-03-2024, 11:41 PM
silv

Quote:

I’m sure Potter wouldn’t have us playing worse than this.

Today was a write off anyway but the rest of it has been abject %@#$&!s

Unread 04-03-2024, 12:34 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan View Post
It's worth noting that if De Zebri's name keeps popping up, it's because he's beat Ten Hag twice during both league fixtures.

and took united to a shoot out in the FA cup....

with a squad that is worth almost 5 times less than United's on paper. I'm sure INEOS is taking note of that.
And lost to Fulham by a 3 times greater margin on Saturday.

And is a fat, hyperactive Little Lord Fauntleroy acting @#%&!

Unread 04-03-2024, 01:17 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
And lost to Fulham by a 3 times greater margin on Saturday.

And is a fat, hyperactive Little Lord Fauntleroy acting @#%&!
I'm happy to trust the judgement of Berrada and the new sporting director if they choose to replace Ten Hag with him or someone else.

Is it possible that Joel Glazer, Arnold & John murtough are talented enough to have appointed the next Pep/Klopp when they chose to hire Ten Hag, maybe....

but I'm not holding my breath.

Unread 04-03-2024, 01:28 AM
croady26

Come on INEOS how many more of these deluded post match ramblings have we gotta put up with. Just put an interim in place who at least plays the style you are looking to implement.

Unread 04-03-2024, 03:28 AM
shenwen

Talking about getting 5th

Almost certain he'll be gone at the end of the season and not that arsed. Fed up not just of losing but looking so bad and uninspired while doing so (and don't look that different when we actually win games).

Yesterday was cowardly. I understand why we did it (because we're shit) but still can't get my head around parking the bus even when we went a goal behind. Drew up the white flag. I guess 2-1 (that didn't last) works better for this manager than 5-0.

The money we've spent and that was the team we put out and the game play we clearly set out from the beginning (before Rashford goal). Injuries or not, that's appalling.

Unread 04-03-2024, 05:25 AM
croady26

The morale could get even worse if he stays until the end of the season. Maybe we would have a better shot against scousers in FA Cup with someone else in charge.

Unread 04-03-2024, 10:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

worrying...

Quote:
‘Absolutely not’
Ten Hag denies United are way behind City after derby defeat. Manchester United manager says ‘small margins’ decided game

https://www.theguardian.com/football...r-derby-defeat

Unread 04-03-2024, 10:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Come on INEOS how many more of these deluded post match ramblings have we gotta put up with. Just put an interim in place who at least plays the style you are looking to implement.
what style exactly are you looking to play with Lindelof, Evans, Amrambat, The Scottish Player, Rashford etc?

Unread 04-03-2024, 11:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
what style exactly are you looking to play with Lindelof, Evans, Amrambat, The Scottish Player, Rashford etc?
The same style no matter who steps in - the quality reduces giving you less chance of winning but the first team squad should all know what to do, where to be on the park to receive the ball etc way too hard for us though.