United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:50 PM
no fun

My great nephew went to his first game today

Just travelled home on the Met with him and his Dad

He looked really downcast and just mumbled “it was ok” when I asked him if he enjoyed it

Manchester United…..ruining Children’s lives

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:52 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
didn't think we'd find any positives today

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:57 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Rashford isn't going to get a psg move. He made Martial look high-intensity.
Wish he would do the right thing and go to replace Mbappe,will fit in just right with their money grabbers. Safe to say this will be our record number of League defeats in a season

Unread 24-02-2024, 06:58 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
My great nephew went to his first game today

Just travelled home on the Met with him and his Dad

He looked really downcast and just mumbled “it was ok” when I asked him if he enjoyed it

Why the £#%&! did you ask him that you insensitive idiot?!

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:00 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Why the £#%&! did you ask him that you insensitive idiot?!
Thought he might have been enchanted by his first visit to the theatre of dreams

Seems not

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Was always on the cards after the week we’ve had.

Can’t wait to watch us on MOTD later. They’ll pan to a glum looking Big Jim in the stands at some point - “A penny for his thoughts”
nailed on

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:02 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
nailed on
Scousers at home in April

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Watching Eriksen is like watching one of those players in their mid-50s who trot out during those Legends / Soccer Aid charity games.

Absolute £#%&!ing garbage footballer. Far worse than Mata in his last few seasons.
What’s Neil Ruddock up to?

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
That's the transfer fee. What about his wages?
They’re extra. As they are for every player. Unsure of your point?

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:32 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
They’re extra. As they are for every player. Unsure of your point?
My point is that he’s paid 340k per week. So it’s not a question of only looking at the 40m we paid for him in determining his quality as a signing. We’ve spent a fortune on having him at the club - money that counts towards FFP and limits what we can spend on other areas of the team. All that for a washed up crock.

As I said, another mess of a signing.

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
My point is that he’s paid 340k per week. So it’s not a question of only looking at the 40m we paid for him in determining his quality as a signing. We’ve spent a fortune on having him at the club - money that counts towards FFP and limits what we can spend on other areas of the team. All that for a washed up crock.

As I said, another mess of a signing.
By Ole

Unread 24-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

But he’s not been a mess of a signing. He’s played a lot and at a consistently high level. He’s not been a great signing as he’s getting on and has missed his fair share of games. He’s been a decent signing. The end.

Unread 24-02-2024, 09:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Fulham have had 17 shots they’re one of the worst away teams in the league. Every team we face just bombard our goal with shots and even when we win they look the better side.
it's rinse and repeat every game isn't it. It's £#%&!ing mental how easy we just give up chances. Fulham should have been 2 or 3 up before they scored the first. And even then the guy got two opportunities to have a shot before we even realised what was happening.

Considering we started the game with 4 players that cost us nothing it's astonishing that shower of shit still managed to cost over 300 million to assemble. Obviously the majority of that is taken up by that leaden footed oaf maguire and casemiro who looks like he's counting down the days until his summer holidays.

I know we're just cobbling together a starting line up at the moment with what we've got but even so, they should not be getting out played by pretty much every single team they play against. No, it's not good enough.

Every time we turn the ball over, no matter where it is on the pitch, it always seems to result in a shot on our goal or a corner. How many times this season do we see us £#%&! up an attack and the other team streaming into our half as our players look like they're running in mud miles behind them? Every single game.

United today looked like a championship team. And that's being kind. Just clueless on the ball, sloppy, nobody seemingly able to do anything to affect the game. Just awful, awful football from start to finish. It's hands down the worst i've seen a United side play probably since the late 80s when we finished 13th and won four games from November through to March.

We deserved nothing and that's what we got. In fact we deserved to lose 3-1.

Unread 24-02-2024, 09:04 PM
armchair

It's funny really. Not only does he want no midfield against a counter, he also wants slow defenders like maguire to break upfield.

It's madness and so obvious what will happen the moment we lose possession.

Unread 24-02-2024, 09:55 PM
Dacter

Quote:
My point is that he’s paid 340k per week.
Tree Foddy

Unread 24-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 24-02-2024, 10:17 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's hard to criticise bruno, but he looks tired every time he needs to be composed.
Being composed is not in his skill set whether he is tired or not.

Quote:
Was always on the cards after the week we’ve had.

Can’t wait to watch us on MOTD later. They’ll pan to a glum looking Big Jim in the stands at some point - “A penny for his thoughts”
If they could find him. Wasnt where he would be expected to be. Clever man to stay away after this weeks interview. Taking no chances.

Unread 24-02-2024, 10:24 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Looks like the Twitter neeks have got a new stat to keep vomiting out onto each other in their amateur hour analysis orgies: shots conceded.

Would bet money that none of these lot have taken a shot themselves at any decent level.

Football fan culture is pathetic nowadays. Nerds spewing out stats that don't mean anything.

Unread 24-02-2024, 10:32 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Looks like the Twitter neeks have got a new stat to keep vomiting out onto each other in their amateur hour analysis orgies: shots conceded.

Would bet money that none of these lot have taken a shot themselves at any decent level.

Football fan culture is pathetic nowadays. Nerds spewing out stats that don't mean anything.
I’m no stat fan but it is consistent with the facts that our midfield are embarassingly easy to bypass and our defence is incapable of marking tightly. And don’t start me on tackling. When was the last time you saw us win a 50/50 or even a 70/30?

Unread 24-02-2024, 11:02 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

E-reds are @#%&!s but you don't need to have played football to any kind of decent level to realise we're terrible.

Since Christmas we've basically relied on 3 under 21 players to give us some joy and hope.

Not sure what's going on with the likes of Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro etc but they all need to give their heads a wobble.