United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:01 AM
RedMenace

Default Re: Fergie in Doha

I would think there is some Qatari interest alright, maybe the Glazers feel they can squeeze a ridiculous price out of them. It's hard to know what they'd be thinking. A nice billion or so split amongst themselves would surely be tempting. A billion in the hand is worth two in the bush etc..Don't think Fergie would be too closely involved though. He claims he never hears from the Glazers and Gill didn't seem to have a clue what was going on re the PIK payment. He couldn't even come up with some bluster about it except that it wasn't coming from the club.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:01 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I'll have messi to replace giggs, fabregas to replace scholes, Casillas for van Der Sar, and dani Alves for Neville. Oh and Jay bothroyd, obviously.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Ok no messi. Crouch, Bothroyd, Milner and Ben foster. With the Qatar lot behind us we can afford the cream of English talent

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:11 AM
The Watcher

Or, he could just be over there for the Brazil vs Argentina game. See if there's any 'value' to have a 'look' at

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:12 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I would think there is some Qatari interest alright, maybe the Glazers feel they can squeeze a ridiculous price out of them. It's hard to know what they'd be thinking. A nice billion or so split amongst themselves would surely be tempting. A billion in the hand is worth two in the bush etc..Don't think Fergie would be too closely involved though. He claims he never hears from the Glazers and Gill didn't seem to have a clue what was going on re the PIK payment. He couldn't even come up with some bluster about it except that it wasn't coming from the club.
I wouldn't listen to anything Fergie says in regards to the Glazers, I dont think he'd jepordise a deal with any party he knows that are interested.

The bid which was rejected in May this year (Link) there was a general opinion that the interested party we're willing to pay what they needed to pay in order to get the club but the Glazers never wanted to sell. Since then money has all of a sudden appeared plus there have been other rumours in regards to player purchases and Rooney's change of mind which all add up to show that there is something happening behind the scenes in regards to the financial postion of the club.

Like others have said, any interested party would have to pay over £1billion which includes the debt and getting the Glazers to sell. This isn't like any other club where once a take over happens they have to put hundreds of millions of pounds in order to get the club to a world wide exposure level, we're already there and we just need somebody to clear the debt and the club would run itself.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:22 AM
safingtons

If we got the qat royal family...

Lloris - £20m
De Rossi £30m
Wilshere £40m
D. Alves £30m
Messi £150m

-------Lloris
Alves-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Gibson-De Rossi-Wilshere
--Messi-Rooney-Nani

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:25 AM
RedMenace

I'd push Gibson forward personally. Messi is overrated.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:31 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I'd push Gibson forward personally. Messi is overrated.
I think that's his perfect position, right side of central midfield, with quality like Wilshere and De Rossi around him - we'd finally see the best of the Irish sling shooter.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:41 AM
RedMenace

The Derry Dynamo. His time is coming.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:45 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
wonder if they asked fergie about these comments a year ago...

Quote:
While Ferguson did not specifically mention the Qatar trip he lamented "the intrusion of a friendly game in some unknown country'' in the midst of the club season.

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:45 AM
safingtons

Unread 18-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
wonder if they asked fergie about these comments a year ago...
not unknown now they are paying him to support their bid

Unread 18-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Sandman

Unread 18-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
To paraphrase Fergie's old joke about Denis Law, '108 international caps between us - he's got 108 and I've got £#%&! all'.

Unread 18-11-2010, 08:59 AM
believe

No matter how much money they've got we'll still not get Bale.

Ps this situation would be worse than having the glazers in charge imo

Unread 18-11-2010, 09:03 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No matter how much money they've got we'll still not get Bale.

Ps this situation would be worse than having the glazers in charge imo

Unread 18-11-2010, 09:04 AM
MUFC One Love

The thing is if one of these rich people/families from over there bought United they wouldn't even have to spend big. There's plenty of young players we could sign like Henderson, and 1-2 ready made good players. That's what's so annoying, we're not far away but the Glazers are holding us back and that's why we are where we are. Last season Chelsea were not great and this season they aren't yet they're above us. People atm are saying 'people are moaning 'cos they want us to sign big stars' we don't, just to strengthen the squad.

I'd imagine one of these rich people/families would sign a big star too, United could easily attract top players with the type of money City have behind them. Suddenly all these players who 'don't wanna come to United' but wanna go abroad, would wanna come here.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:08 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up Re: Fergie in Doha

No further updates this morning but did a bit of reading up on these guys last night and they are basically looking to buy the big, they have a spending portfolio of £60billion and have so far spent close to £45billion.

Football and the Premier League are the big sports in Qatar and United are massive out there, buying us would be seen as a real coup for them.

As I've said I'm not on a wum and have talked about this lot for about 18 months now. I've got everything crossed

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:16 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Oh god. Fergs must be trying out his French.

"Mange tout Rodney, mange tout"

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:16 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
we've criticised the likes of city, chelsea and real madrid over the years for the exact reason we want the Qatari family to take over. Imagine what kind of circus United would become if they ended up the same? £#%&! me we've attracted some #@&%!head support over the last 20 years but this would send us into overdrive.

I'm starting to get quite confused as to why match going United fans are so opposed to the Glazers.
Closed Thread