United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Crumps

Default Re: Ferdinand and Vidic out of Rangers game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's not good. You don't really want to be playing football with corns, callouses and ingrowing toenails
Chipping and clipping - wimmin's work

Biomechenical assessments, 3D gait analysis lab, prescription orthotics and Cad-Cam machines are more my thing tbh.

Unread 23-11-2010, 02:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
A break? A £#%&!ing break? What the £#%&! do they need a break for ffs? Have you seen how much they earn for letting all those £#%&!ing goals in? etc etc
Tbf, the CB's have definitely been earning their money, match saving goals and the like.

Not really the same as our intrepid Bulgarian, is it.

Unread 23-11-2010, 02:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Chipping and clipping - wimmin's work

Biomechenical assessments, 3D gait analysis lab, prescription orthotics and Cad-Cam machines are more my thing tbh.
Really?

Any freebies for forumista's?

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Really?

Any freebies for forumista's?
Yep still learning though but it's interesting.

Private consultation is £300 but yhpm

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Tbf, the CB's have definitely been earning their money, match saving goals and the like.

Not really the same as our intrepid Bulgarian, is it.
oh you're right, of course

it's not as if we've only had one experienced striker in the side for much of this up to now undefeated season is it

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
oh you're right, of course

it's not as if we've only had one experienced striker in the side for much of this up to now undefeated season is it
True, his performances in the last month do not befit that of an experienced striker though. His arse completely fell out as he tapped the ball wide from about 4 yards against West Brom, a miss which eventually cost us 2 points, he has been a shadow of himself since then, £#%&! a virus.

And, we have had only 1 experienced CB for as much of the season tbh, 1 that also plays International football and hasn't been getting regular breaks anyway.

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:24 PM
red in cumbria

Mind you dunk, he was still sulking in that game after having been benched at Sunderland for no discernible reason. That is where it all started to go wrong, imo

Still, the fact remains he was playing at the start of this term like we all hoped and expected him to back in 2008. If this recent break has helped clear his head, anything is possible

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
True, his performances in the last month do not befit that of an experienced striker though. His arse completely fell out as he tapped the ball wide from about 4 yards against West Brom, a miss which eventually cost us 2 points, he has been a shadow of himself since then, £#%&! a virus.

And, we have had only 1 experienced CB for as much of the season tbh, 1 that also plays International football and hasn't been getting regular breaks anyway.

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
You think West Brom would've come back from 3-0 down had he not missed a tap-in from 4 yards, and then proceeded to disappear up his own arse?

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:35 PM
borsuk

throb's desperation to defend berbatov at all costs is quite endearing tbh, kind of a parallel to ramone's rooney love.

when he was firing at the start of the season he was getting all sorts of praise and rightly so; now he's drifted (back) into anonymity he's getting all sorts of criticism and rightly so.

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Mind you dunk, he was still sulking in that game after having been benched at Sunderland for no discernible reason. That is where it all started to go wrong, imo

Still, the fact remains he was playing at the start of this term like we all hoped and expected him to back in 2008. If this recent break has helped clear his head, anything is possible
Yeah, I sympathised with him there, right before an International break in which he was due to relax at home for a fortnight 2nd time that had been done to him this season as well.

He had been playing brilliantly up to that West Brom game, he was even excellent in that game until that miss. Since then, half decent stints against City and Spurs aside, he's been awful ever since.

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
throb's desperation to defend berbatov at all costs is quite endearing tbh, kind of a parallel to ramone's rooney love.

when he was firing at the start of the season he was getting all sorts of praise and rightly so; now he's drifted (back) into anonymity he's getting all sorts of criticism and rightly so.
I'm sorry, but you've unfortunatly posted a balanced argument.

Please can you re-write and ensure that any point you try to make is based on no more than one weekends worth of football games

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yeah, I sympathised with him there, right before an International break in which he was due to relax at home for a fortnight 2nd time that had been done to him this season as well.

He had been playing brilliantly up to that West Brom game, he was even excellent in that game until that miss. Since then, half decent stints against City and Spurs, he's been awful ever since.
He *was* good against Stoke tbf. And before Villa, his only really bad game was at Bursaspor, probably.

But he stank the place out so much at Villa Park that something had to be done, I agree

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I'm sorry, but you've unfortunatly posted a balanced argument.

Please can you re-write and ensure that any point you try to make is based on no more than one weekends worth of football games
foster > buffon

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
foster > buffon

Get to the top of the class

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He *was* good against Stoke tbf. And before Villa, his only really bad game was at Bursaspor, probably.

But he stank the place out so much at Villa Park that something had to be done, I agree
Yeah, he was good at Stoke, that's true, but certainly nowhere near what he had been.

I'm just pissed off at his Villa performance and then the assertion he needs a rest

I think I'd rather have him in the side than not most of the time.

Unread 23-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
You think West Brom would've come back from 3-0 down had he not missed a tap-in from 4 yards, and then proceeded to disappear up his own arse?
i was at the WBA game. you almost certainly weren't. United had a string of chances and only took two of them. they then self-destructed at the back.

Quote:

very silly post from a person of your years

when berbatov was getting his #@&%! sucked by all the £#%&!wits who usually slag him off earlier in the season i was at pains to point out that he has had similar sequences of goal-scoring form in each of his previous two seasons as well. hype and anti-hype are fundamentally the same thing.

the idea that he's drifted into anonymity is daft as well. united have a very high quality squad of players and are so far undefeated in all competitions, with something like 17 different players on the scoresheet.

Unread 23-11-2010, 04:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
i was at the WBA game. you almost certainly weren't. United had a string of chances and only took two of them. they then self-destructed at the back.
True. but that was the most gilt edged of the chances, and they would never have got back from 3-0, defensive implosion or not. And it was the missing of that chance that caused us to practically be playing with a man less for the remainder of the game as he felt sorry for himself.

And no, I wasn't there, I was watching it in a lovely bar, all on my own in Sunny Cyprus

Unread 23-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
True. but that was the most gilt edged of the chances, and they would never have got back from 3-0, defensive implosion or not. And it was the missing of that chance that caused us to practically be playing with a man less for the remainder of the game as he felt sorry for himself.

And no, I wasn't there, I was watching it in a lovely bar, all on my own in Sunny Cyprus
they would never have got back from 2-0 either. but they did. everton would never have got back from 3-1 in injury time. but they did. that was a bad miss. it was no worse than hernadez' open goal gaff on saturday though. or than some of the other 50 random number good chances united have blown this season

Unread 23-11-2010, 04:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
they would never have got back from 2-0 either. but they did. everton would never have got back from 3-1 in injury time. but they did. that was a bad miss. it was no worse than hernadez' open goal gaff on saturday though. or than some of the other 50 random number good chances united have blown this season
I doubt very much if Hernandez is going to avoid getting involved in goalscoring opportunities for the next 5 or 6 games as a result of that miss though. (and Hernandez's was a much more difficult chance, he was running in, back post, the ball came through a ruck of players at pace and was behind him. Berbs was stood still, middle of the goal, the ball was right to him, he just had to tap it in.

Rooney's was worse than both though
Closed Thread