United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2010, 12:22 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Default Re: I know the price of tickets in this country is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I went to the Royal Exchange a few months ago and it cost £17.50.

The lead actress got completely starkers literally yards from me. She was a boot, but it was better than Arsenal v Blackburn.

Any pics?

Unread 22-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Fountz

Quote:
I went to the Royal Exchange a few months ago and it cost £17.50.

The lead actress got completely starkers literally yards from me. She was a boot, but it was better than Arsenal v Blackburn.
Mrs F got bonkette (sp ?) tickets on the day to take my lad to see The Tempest. They were £6 each and Pete Postlethwaite was feet away from him ( at one point he was actually crouched down next to our lad and was briefly talking to him waiting for his scene )

Unread 22-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Any pics?
Sadly not, I was slowly sliding my phone out of my pocket when the scene ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Mrs F got bonkette (sp ?) tickets on the day to take my lad. They were £6 each and Pete Postlethwaite was feet away from him ( at one point he was actually crouched down next to our lad and was briefly talking to him waiting for his scene )
It's great when that happens, the guy who played Ricky in The Office leant against my seat once.

Unread 22-11-2010, 12:29 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Oh give it a £#%&!ing rest ffs.

Yes I believe Rooney is worth it. (Edit: Not £200K...but worth 'stupid money')

Are O Shea/Park/Gibson etc worth the money they're on? No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Was I £#%&!, who with any sense was?
200k a week ffs.
not the question i asked? was you happy he signed a new contract? answer yes. are you bothered about what he earns? answer should be no. who gives a £#%&!. the reason ticket prices are so high is down to the fans and £#%&! all to with players wages.

i know for a fact that the majority of match going reds on here would find the money whatever it costs to watch united (fair play) but as long as football as these types of fans coupled with the type "that doesn't care how much it costs as long i get to go to the superstore" then prices will always increase.

Unread 22-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Sadly not, I was slowly sliding my phone out of my pocket when the scene ended.

It's great when that happens, the guy who played Ricky in The Office leant against my seat once.
Yep, I've only ever seen one production there that I was disappointed in ( Midsummer Nights Dream 5 years or so ago ) ...great value.

This is my point, I used to be paid a pittance working alternate Saturday mornings and Sundays when I was in my teens, but it was still enough for me to be able to in most United home games and several aways, see a few bands and allow me to buy records etc

Yes, prices have risen across the board on most things but what lad of 16-17 now can afford to follow United. You simply don't see young people going to the game minus their parents because they can't £#%&!ing afford it..

Unread 22-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Cream

£#%&!ing shite like Wigan are virtually giving tickets away, and still the pastry heavy bastards can't be arsed showing up.

THE 188BET GROUP TICKET We have teamed up with 188BET to create a superb group ticket offer so you can come along with 3 friends to the game for just £65 - superb value! For each multiple of four tickets for the game, they will be priced atJUST £65 so NOW is the time to tell your friends and encourage them to come and back the boys. **

and, of course:

THE 188BET PIE The first 188 bets placed at the stadium with 188BET will be offered a voucher to redeem for a pie, courtesy of our principal partner. Bet - eat - simple! ***

Unread 22-11-2010, 01:02 PM
The Watcher

The amount United have paid out in interest under the current ownership is roughly equivalent to letting everyone in OT for free every game, so I’m not sure ticket prices have to be this ludicrously high to pay player wages. In the particular case of Rooney (or equally high profile players like Torres, Ronaldo, Messi) he bring in more money through commercial deals, increased sponsorship etc then takes out in wages. The same probably can’t be said of O’Shea

Arsenal will charge £100 because they can get away with it. Even with their high ticket prices, they’re oversubscribed for League and European games and have a decent sized season ticket waiting list. United can barely fill Old Trafford as it is and ST’s have been on general sale for a few summers now. I don’t think there’s much scope to increase prices at United.

Unread 22-11-2010, 01:03 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Yes, prices have risen across the board on most things but what lad of 16-17 now can afford to follow United. You simply don't see young people going to the game minus their parents because they can't £#%&!ing afford it..
Yes but if said lad was pleased Rooney stayed it's tough shit, apparently.

Unread 22-11-2010, 01:05 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
I'm not defending the cost of tickets, but a 2 hours show at the theatre or a major gig will cost £50 minimum. It's simply that the price of everything now is outrageous.
Bad analogy. Aside from not going to the theatre every week, if you visit the theatre or a major gig you know what you are going to get. The match could be utter £#%&!ing shite yet it's still cost you the same. If I went to see a major gig but the singer couldn't sing very well that day due to illness or lazyness I'd want my money back.
Neither will the theatre or gig venue view you as a potential genocidal lunatic and put you under heavy manners throughout your visit, treating you like the most unwlecome visitor they've ever had.

Unread 22-11-2010, 01:13 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up Re: I know the price of tickets in this country is ridiculous

love reading fountz's posts tbh.

always immaculate and the use of bold and italics are touch of class.

normally spot on as well.

Unread 22-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Withers

Quote:
:shakehead:
Rather than be dopey @#%&!, why consider the valid point and comparison that's being made?

If you go see a major act like at a major stadium, it's going to set you back £100+, just as football matches may do at some grounds in some seats at some point in the future. And yet you can see cheap football by watching a local team in the same way you can see a local band for next to nothing. It's called perspective.

2 games a week? So teams play 100 a year?
Oh no, wait, it's 50-60 a year, half at home, half away... but why the £#%&! worry about reality when you have a unrelated point to raise?
During the footbal season, teams are regularly playing twice a week. If you want to go you have to pay it.

I never said it was every £#%&!ing week for the whole year Victor £#%&!ing Logic.

We're only discussing this unrelated point besause you brought it up you #@&%!.

Unread 22-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
During the footbal season, teams are regularly playing twice a week. If you want to go you have to pay it.

I never said it was every £#%&!ing week for the whole year Victor £#%&!ing Logic.

We're only discussing this unrelated point besause you brought it up you #@&%!.
Mr. Logic I believe was christened Lawrence.

Unread 22-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
love reading fountz's posts tbh.

always immaculate and the use of bold and italics are touch of class.

normally spot on as well.
That's Sweet.......

:gayfight:

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:11 PM
BulgarianSpectator

I saw Wicked last week - £55. Last gig I went to at the 02 was £60+ booking fee, I was planning on going to others which were £100-£150; (worst case was The Stones who wanted £250 a few years ago.) So just one gig or show (in London, admittedly) per month would be a £700ish a year. 25 shows a year would be £1,500.

By comparison, last year's season ticket was £630. Add in all the cup games and I spent about a grand.

There's the £#%&!ing comparison and my original point.

Are you argumentative because you're suffering some form of vitamin deficiency or are you simple, and fail to see the bigger picture?

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:22 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's Sweet.......

:gayfight:
i'm going to knock you the £#%&! out.

• #@&%!.

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Withers

Quote:
I saw Wicked last week - £55. Last gig I went to at the 02 was £60+ booking fee, I was planning on going to others which were £100-£150; (worst case was The Stones who wanted £250 a few years ago.) So just one gig or show (in London, admittedly) per month would be a £700ish a year. 25 shows a year would be £1,500.

By comparison, last year's season ticket was £630. Add in all the cup games and I spent about a grand.

Are you argumentative because you're suffering some form of vitamin deficiency or are you simple, and fail to see the bigger picture?
No, no, no.

This is the bigger picture.

When you have a situation where a football fan sees value in football compared the going to the theatre or major gig then, if he is typical of a football fan then football is £#%&!ed.

For the exact same reason that watching top flight football is now a pretty mundane experience is because the place is now middle class £#%&!ers who seeing going to football as nothing more than another leisure pursuit.

Ignoring the holes in your argument( how many gigs did you miss last season?, which bands do you have season tickets for? it's only a comparable cost because you can pick and choose which gigs you go to) because I simply don't give a £#%&! about the opinions of a real life big3y3s the fact you made the comparison in the fist place is what shows everything that is wrong with football in the first place.

I would ask you to list the 25 gigs you went to last year but to be honest it would probably be the smallest lie you've told since you've been on here.

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:33 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:

how much did you spend last year paying women to pretend they find you attractive you sad bastard?

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
i'm going to knock you the £#%&! out.

• #@&%!.

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Lok

Love this place.

Withers comes up with a well thought through argument, detailing exactly how bulgspec is wrong.

Then Sharpey comes along and kicks him in the balls while he's down. Boom.

Unread 22-11-2010, 03:44 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I don't know how anyone can defend the price of football tickets, its a disgrace and its not just the premier league either. As someone said earlier non league is around £15 a game

I'd love to take my lads every week but its not affordable and tbf not value for money.
Closed Thread