United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:32 PM
safingtons

Default Re: Today's football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i wouldn't say tevez is world class. he is a really good player, great finisher, excellent at going forward and his general work rate is spot on, but he can't really be bracketed with messi, ronaldo, kaka, eto'o, etc.
I think he's world class, a few steps below Messi and Ronaldo but of extremely high quality nonetheless. We never saw the best of him at United, I think had we given him a regular place in the team he would have been even better than he is currently in this pathetic City team.

Extraordinary how Fulham are just watching City play, a 2nd goal is surely coming now. Compare that to how they were running around like lunatics against us back in August.

edit: 2-0, there you go. I don't subscribe to this paranoid 'teams only try against United' nonsense but in terms of Fulham v United and V City today, there's a clear difference.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
I think he's world class, a few steps below Messi and Ronaldo but of extremely high quality nonetheless. We never saw the best of him at United, I think had we given him a regular place in the team he would have been even better than he is currently in this pathetic City team.

Extraordinary how Fulham are just watching City play, a 2nd goal is surely coming now. Compare that to how they were running around like lunatics against us back in August.
yup

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:35 PM
andyroo

@#%&!s.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Terry Silver

City fans ironically singing "boring, boring city" and Mancini songs.

Sorry, but last week wasn't it them that booed their own side off at home twice in a week after 0-0 draws and sang "What the £#%&! is going on?" when Tevez was subbed off for Barry?

They really are a strange bunch. Responding to their own criticism...

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:38 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

he's definitely not far off, but i always use "plays for a well established team in europe" as one of the criteria for being a world class player. although i know inter and i think madrid were in for him in the summer. but i personally wouldn't bracket him in with them just yet.

i will say this, he had a better world cup than messi, he impressed me in his match against mexico

(cue comments about VDV and bale being world class)

like viduka when he was at leeds, one of the finest strikers in his league but a few steps short of being world class.

(maybe my hatred of their respective teams and my refusal to acknowledge their achievements has made me biased but what the hell)

redmike

Could end up 6 or 7 at this rate.

Albert Tatlock

Had to be Hughes team didn't it

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:39 PM
safingtons

City deserve it fully without even putting on intense pressure, Fulham clearly deciding today is a day they don't really need to perform. Sparky will be chuffed.

Watch City fans get deluded ideas again before being brought crashing down to earth against any sort of team that will actually try. Or whenever Tevez gets injured.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:39 PM
MUFC One Love

Are City brilliant again now?

Fulham look terrible, don't look like scoring at all.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:41 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Are City brilliant again now?

Fulham look terrible, don't look like scoring at all.
of course they're brilliant, they're 3-0 up against the UEFA cup finalists from last season (who have also achieved....erm....??), definitely have to be title challengers now! £#%&! off united, the power is changing in manchester (even though they're the only team in manchester of course...)

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:43 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
City fans ironically singing "boring, boring city" and Mancini songs.

Sorry, but last week wasn't it them that booed their own side off at home twice in a week after 0-0 draws and sang "What the £#%&! is going on?" when Tevez was subbed off for Barry?

They really are a strange bunch. Responding to their own criticism...
34 years of hurt which most of them have gone through does weird things to your head.

They're dull as £#%&!, even their 3-0 games are bores. At least if you're gonna be boring after spending £400m, you have to be winning stuff. These jokers havent even hit the CL yet.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:43 PM
maaan_U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i wouldn't say tevez is world class. he is a really good player, great finisher, excellent at going forward and his general work rate is spot on, but he can't really be bracketed with messi, ronaldo, kaka, eto'o, etc.
He most certainly is world class.

Rooney is not.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Jethro

£#%&! off red scum

agent hughes

tick tock

etc etc

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:47 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaan_U
He most certainly is world class.

Rooney is not.
Both similar level, Rooney has more potential though.

All your posts seem to just be about slagging off Rooney, ease up on the hate pal.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:48 PM
MagnificentSeven

i will say tevez is too good for those @#%&!s

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Ben

any of you got a link to the picture of that city fan who i think is stood next to a portugal fan with a flag. the sausage jockey one ta

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Both similar level, Rooney has more potential though.

All your posts seem to just be about slagging off Rooney, ease up on the hate pal.
Rooney is like Tevez would be if he had a footballer's brain.

Unread 21-11-2010, 05:55 PM
MagnificentSeven

tbf rooney has been playing like a league one reserve since the world cup

when he's at his best i would say he is world class, but recently, he's been far from it

Unread 21-11-2010, 06:03 PM
wonky no

even city cant £#%&! this up

Unread 21-11-2010, 06:06 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
even city cant £#%&! this up
you're saying that like it's a fact

there is nothing the @#%&!s are incapable of £#%&!ing up