Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2009, 01:54 AM
koppas

Default Pfa Player of the Year

No real outstanding candidates this year but i am going with:

1. Nemanja.
2. Ashley Young
3. Stephen Ireland

Think Nemanja could actually win it this year.

Unread 16-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Lok

Gerrard (right or wrong) is nailed on.

Unread 16-01-2009, 02:07 AM
TreeFiddy

It would be brilliant to see a defender win it. It's ridiculous how much they are overlooked when it comes to individual awards. I understand why it happens, but it's pretty stupid when you consider the workings of a football team.

I think Vidic has been outstanding for a while now. If he can keep up this form for most of the remainder of the season then he has to be considered. FWIW I don't think he was that brilliant earlier on in the season, but that won't be remembered if he continues to put in such great displays at the back. It's mad, but he has a better chance than Ferdinand ever will because he appeals more to English fans due to him being in the 'brave JT' mould of defenders.

Unread 16-01-2009, 02:24 AM
wonky no

Terry! ffs

Unread 16-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Pop

Kaka

Unread 16-01-2009, 02:28 AM
koppas

Wonder if Rafael would have done enough to be nominated for young player? Although i think Young is nailed on for that.

Unread 16-01-2009, 03:48 AM
RedMenace

I tend to think that United's young players, maybe every team's young players but I just pay more attention to United's, have to do a lot to get nominated, particularly if they're foreign. If I had to guess at a young player nominee from United it'd be more likely to be Evans than Rafael. 2010 joint award to the Da Silvas. I reckon Nemanja will get nominated but lose out to Gerrard as has been stated already. Look at the amount of votes he got for World Player Of The Year!. If Vida isn't nominated it's a complete joke.

Unread 16-01-2009, 04:07 AM
koppas

Evans wont get a look in. Only played half the games Rafa has.

Gerrard has done £#%&! all this season but, agree, he is bound to be up there. For some reason.

Unread 16-01-2009, 04:22 AM
RedMenace

Maybe so, it seems like more with Evans but that's probably as he's had an extended run lately. Either way as you say it'll probably be Ashley Young for young player. I'll be astonished if Gerrard doesn't win the senior player award. The team that's top around January nearly always has the player that wins it. The fact that Liverpool are making a decent fist of it for the first time in years and "Stevie" is an England star, nominated every year, I just can't see anyone else winning much as they may deserve to.

Unread 16-01-2009, 07:27 AM
koppas

I can see where you are are coming from but if any Liverpool player is gonna be up there, its Alonso. Gerrard done nothing.

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:35 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Evans wont get a look in. Only played half the games Rafa has.

Gerrard has done £#%&! all this season but, agree, he is bound to be up there. For some reason.
I disagree with that. Without Gerrard, Liverpool would be fighting Arsenal, Villa & Everton for 4th.

He's a @#%&!. He's a cheating @#%&! but he's their engine and he makes them tick. You'll notice when he has a shit game, Liverpool tend not to score/create a chance.

He'll win it, nailed on.

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Withers

Vidic was average at the start of the season, he has only come good in the last six weeks or so.

Upto now I would say Gerrard actually deserves it.

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Ginners

ashley young for me.

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:47 AM
wiganste

As for young player, it'll be either Ashley Young or Gabriel Agbonlahor because they have been the best youngsters this season.

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:49 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Gerrard (right or wrong) is nailed on.

I'd take that, so long as the acceptance speech is from a cell

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
As for young player, it'll be either Ashley Young or Gabriel Agbonlahor because they have been the best youngsters this season.
young won the player of the month 3 times in 2008 i believe, has a great shout of winning the main award, if he doesnt he should be a cert for the young player award.

Unread 16-01-2009, 10:59 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
young won the player of the month 3 times in 2008 i believe, has a great shout of winning the main award, if he doesnt he should be a cert for the young player award.
is it still not fabregas?

Unread 16-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Lok

Young was 23 when the season started so can't win the young players award.

Unread 16-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Ginners

Quote:
thought he was younger than that, should definitely be in the top3 for the main award imo.

Unread 16-01-2009, 11:04 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Ah well, that's him £#%&!ed.

Maybe they should have a Not So Young Player Of The Year category for players that are too old for YPOTY and not really good enough for POTY?
Closed Thread