United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2023, 07:35 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Can’t see it tbh.

At least we can have a say in the FA Cup too.
Let's hope our lot beat, Brighton in a couple of weeks to earn the right to play against, cITY in the Final., thankfuly we should have our 1st choice of Midfielders available, but need to depend on, Martial to continue producing the type of Great finishing he is capable of when he put's his mind to it(as he demonstrated yesterday), and no more time on the treatment table this season

Unread 09-04-2023, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

City aren't going to win 15 (or whatever it is until the end of the season) games in a row, they will drop points somewhere.

As others have said before, they aren't *that* good this campaign compared to previous seasons.

But yes, Arsenal could still easily drop more. Win today and I would have made them favourites, now it is truly up in the air.

And yes of course we can also beat city in a one off cup game, pull yourselves together FFS

Unread 09-04-2023, 07:55 PM
AK14

I disagree with Roy here

Robertson is a massive @#%&!.

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:11 PM
Ethers

It’s insane that there’s been genuine talk of Arsenal having it all wrapped up.

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s insane that there’s been genuine talk of Arsenal having it all wrapped up.
I’ve said for a while all their chest pumping and over celebrating every win is over compensation. They had a chance there today to really show what they’re about, no silly huddles and touchline cartwheels, the game is going against you - time to stand up and be counted. They failed miserably like when they played City at home.

I think when they beat us at the emirates they honestly thought it was their year - they got way way too giddy to early.

They’re mentally weak.

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:30 PM
Jethro

They looked crestfallen at the final whistle. Mentally that will £#%&! them up big time.

2nd on?

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’ve said for a while all their chest pumping and over celebrating every win is over compensation. They had a chance there today to really show what they’re about, no silly huddles and touchline cartwheels, the game is going against you - time to stand up and be counted. They failed miserably like when they played City at home.

I think when they beat us at the emirates they honestly thought it was their year - they got way way too giddy to early.

They’re mentally weak.
I think that’s harsh. I do think they’re a bunch of grandstanding arseholes (because Arteta is) but they’ve shown a fair bit of character at different points this season.

They £#%&!ed that city game. Everyone expected them to fold and they won 7 in a row. A couple of last minute wins in there too. The reality is that they simply shouldn’t be up there. Nobody expected it. All this talk of ‘bottling’ it feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They’ve never had a big enough lead or been close enough to the end of the season for it to be that IMO. Then any normal hiccup is met with “see. Bottling it”. You could say the same abojt most of city’s dropped points.

They could end up winning 14 of their last 16 games and not win it. That would simply be the demands of winning the league being too much, rather than a question of bottle.

Today just seemed like standard dropped points in a fixture very few away teams win. It was a fair result over the 90 minutes.

Can we all just a take a moment to enjoy this:

What. A. @#%&!.

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:45 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

They’re mentally weak.
This is just utterly lazy drivel. 2nd most pts from losing positions in the league (after Palace, bizarrely): 7 pts more than us from losing positions, 5 more than City. 1 pt off their all-time-record at this point in the season (undefeated league season). Have more pts at this point in the season than I think all but 2 seasons of ours (RVP/Rooney blitz plus the Ronny/Roo/Saha charge). Mentally weak

What they do lack, however, is a bit of quality against the best sides, and their tough away games have been backloaded on the fixture list. If anything, they've over-achieved. Realistically how many of their players would you take into our fully fit side? 3, 4 maybe. Played for months with NKetiah & Trossard as lead strikers. Individually inferior to City all over the pitch. They've been far greater than the sum of their parts. Opposite of 'mentally weak'. Very, very tired cliche. Probably end up with c. 88 pts - which is far above the level of their players.

Unread 09-04-2023, 08:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 09-04-2023, 10:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
What they do lack, however, is a bit of quality against the best sides, and their tough away games have been backloaded on the fixture list. If anything, they've over-achieved. Realistically how many of their players would you take into our fully fit side? 3, 4 maybe. Played for months with NKetiah & Trossard as lead strikers. Individually inferior to City all over the pitch. They've been far greater than the sum of their parts. Opposite of 'mentally weak'. Very, very tired cliche. Probably end up with c. 88 pts - which is far above the level of their players.
Well if Leicester could become champs in 2016, Arsenal certainly *could* do so now - and quite possibly still will.

But its city on the front foot again after today, they really needed to win it.

Unread 09-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Bunker Buster

At least Magix C will be happy, because of annoying arsenal fans in Twitter . Con.

Unread 09-04-2023, 10:40 PM
Sparky***

Unread 09-04-2023, 10:40 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
The league? They’ll win that from here.

We wouldn’t stop them in the fa cup. They’re massively hitting form and we’re not. You never know and all that but I think they’d pump us if they played us now.

CL - hopefully they £#%&! up again. Eventually they won’t.
League is 50:50. I still think Arsenal will edge them tbh.
FA - more than enough time for both of our form to go the other way by then if we make it. Or at least, we’re bound to be playing better imo.
CL - Tuchels Bayern could easily beat them. That’s not a good draw.

I don’t see a treble tbh. They could go close but predicting it feels pessimistic when they could have us in an FA Cup final and they’re not top of the league.

Unread 09-04-2023, 10:56 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

He’s incredible

Unread 09-04-2023, 11:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

How did Martinelli £#%&! this up

Unread 10-04-2023, 09:33 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
League is 50:50. I still think Arsenal will edge them tbh.
FA - more than enough time for both of our form to go the other way by then if we make it. Or at least, we’re bound to be playing better imo.
CL - Tuchels Bayern could easily beat them. That’s not a good draw.

I don’t see a treble tbh. They could go close but predicting it feels pessimistic when they could have us in an FA Cup final and they’re not top of the league.
Have you seen City’s run in? Presume not to suggest it’s 50/50. It’s clearly in their favour.

Bayern is the one. Everything crossed on that one but otherwise, it’s a procession.

Unread 10-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Have you seen City’s run in? Presume not to suggest it’s 50/50. It’s clearly in their favour.

Bayern is the one. Everything crossed on that one but otherwise, it’s a procession.
It’s the more routine fixtures that City seemed to bd having more difficulty with. Brighton and Brentford away aren’t tap ins either.

Who knows, i’m just not as confident on City for the league as some.

Unread 10-04-2023, 10:09 AM
Ethers

City are as good as level with a game in hand, and still to play them.

Given the state of their fixtures it’s nowhere near 50/50. City are definitely favourites, and some of us have been saying this for ages.

Unread 10-04-2023, 10:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
City are as good as level with a game in hand, and still to play them.

Given the state of their fixtures it’s nowhere near 50/50. City are definitely favourites, and some of us have been saying this for ages.
It’s strange how laid back you are about most topics, but City make you lose your shit

They’re about as good as level with them as Spurs are with us.

I wouldn’t put a percentage on it, but it’s still very tight. Both capable of going on big runs, both capable of dropping daft points. It’s refreshing to have an actual title race with some ups and downs. Relegation battle tough to call too. Interesting season.

Unread 10-04-2023, 10:21 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s refreshing to have an actual title race with some ups and downs.
Yeah mate, I’m absolutely loving it
Closed Thread