United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2009, 09:14 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why does it have to be an ex-United player?

Which other ex-United players have managed us?
Wilf......and that didnt end very well.....

whoever it is, id like them to work alongside Furge for a season...but i cant see a top manager willing to do that

Unread 22-08-2009, 09:51 PM
rogieop

id love to see us go down the barca route and just give the job to solskjaer.

although it would never happen in a million years.

id take either of wenger/mourinho.

both would have the presence/capabilty to keep us at the top.

as for can i ever see wenger taking over?? well i could never see owen scoring in a united shirt.........

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Switching Off

Probably get shot down but I still think Moyes is the man to be given a go. He's intelligent, fiercely driven, and wants to prove himself at a higher level.

He's worked on a budget for years now and proven capable at unearthing talent on the cheap. Impossible to say how he'd do on a bigger budget but what he has done with what he's had has been impressive.

He's done as much as he ever can or will at Everton, bar a billionaire taking over. He's done more than you could expect on his resources.

The only problem I see is the Rooney issue, but both are professionals and im sure that can be cleared up if he ever comes.

Whoever comes in is gonna be living in Fergie's shadow, so if we can't get Frank O'Farrell, i'd rather we got somebody like Moyes who has the balls to work through that.

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Probably get shot down but I still think Moyes is the man to be given a go. He's intelligent, fiercely driven, and wants to prove himself at a higher level.

He's worked on a budget for years now and proven capable at unearthing talent on the cheap. Impossible to say how he'd do on a bigger budget but what he has done with what he's had has been impressive.

He's done as much as he ever can or will at Everton, bar a billionaire taking over. He's done more than you could expect on his resources.

The only problem I see is the Rooney issue, but both are professionals and im sure that can be cleared up if he ever comes.

Whoever comes in is gonna be living in Fergie's shadow, so if we can't get Frank O'Farrell, i'd rather we got somebody like Moyes who has the balls to work through that.
He ruled himself out when he sued Rooney imho. I'd rather keep Rooney than get Moyes.

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:14 PM
rogieop

would be interesting to see what would happen should capello do well with england.

he's not exactly tied down is he.....

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
would be interesting to see what would happen should capello do well with england.

he's not exactly tied down is he.....
He's nearly as old as Fergie isn't he?

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He ruled himself out when he sued Rooney imho. I'd rather keep Rooney than get Moyes.
If it came down to a choice between the two, then there is no choice. But as I say, they're both pros, I reckon they could work it out, with Fergie as mediator. Not beyond the realms of possibility imho.

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:22 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's nearly as old as Fergie isn't he?
he's a £#%&!ing handsome bastard for his age if he is then!!!

Unread 22-08-2009, 10:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
he's a £#%&!ing handsome bastard for his age if he is then!!!
Grecian 2000 and lots of sun

Unread 23-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Sandman

Sir Matt Busby
Bob Paisley
Fabio Capello
Rinus Michels

Does anyone know where they got their managerial experience from before they took over big clubs, seeing as how Ole keeps getting ruled out because of lack of experience.

Unread 23-08-2009, 01:36 AM
wonky no

sammy mc

Unread 23-08-2009, 01:37 AM
wonky no

george graham

Unread 23-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
sammy mc
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
george graham
Barry Fry?

Unread 23-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Hughes has burnt his bridges.
Has he ??

Please explain

Unread 23-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Has he ??

Please explain
Not so much managing City as turning in to a deluded David Brent type £#%&!wit.

Unread 23-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
id love to see us go down the barca route and just give the job to solskjaer.

although it would never happen in a million years.
I'd like to see that, but first I'd like to see Ole as the number two for the remainder of Fergie's tenure.

Unread 23-08-2009, 11:26 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default It will be either MUREEN or Moyes

with Brucie and Keano waiting in the wings depending on how they perform over the next two seasons. Don't think Keane will get it as he is too independently minded for the corporates, though if he gets Ipswich promoted he should.

Unread 23-08-2009, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Has he ??

Please explain
You need an explanation

He's a £#%&!er and not a very good manager.

Unread 23-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
with Brucie and Keano waiting in the wings depending on how they perform over the next two seasons. Don't think Keane will get it as he is too independently minded for the corporates, though if he gets Ipswich promoted he should.
That and the fact he's a shit manager.

Unread 23-08-2009, 11:56 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default We shall see

[html]That and the fact he's a shit manager. [/html]

Very sure of yourself Mr Snifter
Closed Thread