United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2015, 11:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Magnificent Mats Hummels

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ansfer-4943806

McDonnel going big on him in tomorrow's Mirror. Can't see it happening January but seems club are going to push hard for him again in the summer.

Quality defender, lacks a little pace but reads the game so well.

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Sorry big man, didn't see your thread before I dropped this shit in with the transfer bollox.

Tbh if LvG is certain that Hummels is his man, it makes sense to try everything to get him now. Like Vidic, his lack of pace may make an adaptation period inevitable. Would be better getting it out of the way now so we can have him ready to lead us to the title next year

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:53 AM
ryanMUFC

Rather have Varane if he's available. Apparently Hummels lacks pace, I've heard and seen a few middle aged/out of shape lads mention his pace so he must be slow.

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Sparky***

Can't see it tbh.

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:55 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Rather have Varane if he's available. Apparently Hummels lacks pace, I've heard and seen a few middle aged/out of shape lads mention his pace so he must be slow.
Didn't stop Germany winning the World Cup, tbf. Or Dortmund battering everyone for a couple of years.

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:57 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sorry big man, didn't see your thread before I dropped this shit in with the transfer b*****.

Tbh if LvG is certain that Hummels is his man, it makes sense to try everything to get him now. Like Vidic, his lack of pace may make an adaptation period inevitable. Would be better getting it out of the way now so we can have him ready to lead us to the title next year
Said this last night. Need to hit the ground running next season. Get him and Strooters in ASAP. No £#%&!ing about.

Unread 09-01-2015, 12:57 AM
Sparky***

Does he even really need to be quick? I'd just take a centre back at this stage who can pass a £#%&!ing football like a fully capable adult human and not turn into a gibbering wreck as soon as the other team get near him.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:02 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Didn't stop Germany winning the World Cup, tbf. Or Dortmund battering everyone for a couple of years.
Can't see him being any slower than Vidic, I bet the majority of people banging on about his pace haven't even watched a full Dortmund game either.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Can't see him being any slower than Vidic, I bet the majority of people banging on about his pace haven't even watched a full Dortmund game either.
Yep, Vidic was very slow, which was evident when he first arrived. But it became less of an issue, apart from a few occasions he came up against Torres The benefit of Hummels, of course, is that he's positionally good an excellent on the ball. He gave probably the best defensive performance at the World Cup against a quick French side including Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:23 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Yep, Vidic was very slow, which was evident when he first arrived. But it became less of an issue, apart from a few occasions he came up against Torres The benefit of Hummels, of course, is that he's positionally good an excellent on the ball. He gave probably the best defensive performance at the World Cup against a quick French side including Benzema, Griezmann, Matuidi.
He's 6ft3. He'd probably need freakish genetics to outrun The likes or Messi and Aguero. If he's someone that can read the game well then pace shouldn't matter too much, the sooner we replace the likes of Evans the better. And iirc Torres only got the better of Vidic twice..

Unread 09-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Having a cracking season by the sounds of it.

Unread 09-01-2015, 11:19 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Having a cracking season by the sounds of it.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:01 PM
saffers

Would be a real load off woodys shoulders if he got this done now. Less work in the summer, and a world class defender has 6 months of acclimatising to the premier league.

IMO its doable. Dortmund didn't just go straight from bundesliga winners to the relegation spots. Last season was also quite poor for them.

Hummels will see a resurgent united, willing to pay him a shitload of money compared to a dortmund side that lowball him wage wise relative to his talent and world profile and have won 4 out of 17 games this season. Hard to argue against a £35m fee for a player with his track record and age when you look at trash like Lovren costing £20m+.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:04 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
He's 6ft3. He'd probably need freakish genetics to outrun The likes or Messi and Aguero. If he's someone that can read the game well then pace shouldn't matter too much, the sooner we replace the likes of Evans the better. And iirc Torres only got the better of Vidic twice..
Let alone get near that midget Usain Bolt or the rather squat Cristiano Ronaldo, eh?

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Let alone get near that midget Usain Bolt or the rather squat Cristiano Ronaldo, eh?
Fair to say they have pretty £#%&!ing freaky genetics.

You are having a terrible week.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:09 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Fair to say they have pretty £#%&!ing freaky genetics.

Yeah because there have been no other fast, tall people ever. Stop drinking from the river downstream of Connolly's pol

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Szekely

about time we had a great big £#%&! off German defender in the ranks.

get this big bastard in. I'm past caring what players cost now. who gives a £#%&!? Get him signed.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Yeah because there have been no other fast, tall people ever. Stop drinking from the river downstream of Connolly's pol
Pretty sure I am up stream.

Log off.

Unread 09-01-2015, 01:17 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Pretty sure I am up stream.

Log off.
Crumpsall was downstream from Bowker Vale last time I went past.
Closed Thread