United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Sharders

People creating problems for themselves then wallowing in self pity. Love it, love it they do.

This is not the dictionary definition of "scouser".

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Sparky***

A madrid side with many of it's stars coming to the tail end of their careers who's best days are well behind them still sent the 3 best teams in the English Premier League packing one after the other. Where's all the 'greatest league in the world' and 'greatest two teams we've ever seen' lot now then?

A team many of the pundits and media appointed cheerleaders have spent the last 10 months ramming down our throat as "the best english football has ever seen" finished the season without scoring a single goal in the 3 cup finals they were in and they failed to win the most important one.

Then we have the most expensively assembled squad in football history, with a manager in charge who we're all routinely told is the best to ever do it in England, has revolutionised the game and has now added to his squad of stars the best young striker in world football for a similarly eye-watering amount (despite what the papers will tell you). Yet he hasn't won a champions league in 11 years and has got to one final since then, despite managing Bayern Munich and The English branch of the Abu Dhabi sports washing empire.

They're good teams but they spend much of the season beating up on a league that is by and large full of ambitionless average shite that's addicted to the TV money.

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:44 PM
Big Norm

Unread 30-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
A madrid side with many of it's stars coming to the tail end of their careers who's best days are well behind them still sent the 3 best teams in the English Premier League packing one after the other. Where's all the 'greatest league in the world' and 'greatest two teams we've ever seen' lot now then?

A team many of the pundits and media appointed cheerleaders have spent the last 10 months ramming down our throat as "the best english football has ever seen" finished the season without scoring a single goal in the 3 cup finals they were in and they failed to win the most important one.

Then we have the most expensively assembled squad in football history, with a manager in charge who we're all routinely told is the best to ever do it in England, has revolutionised the game and has now added to his squad of stars the best young striker in world football for a similarly eye-watering amount (despite what the papers will tell you). Yet he hasn't won a champions league in 11 years and has got to one final since then, despite managing Bayern Munich and The English branch of the Abu Dhabi sports washing empire.

They're good teams but they spend much of the season beating up on a league that is by and large full of ambitionless average shite that's addicted to the TV money.
But…. They got 91 points!

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
But…. They got 91 points!

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:20 PM
saffers

Quote:

Spot on sparks.

The league is full of cannon fodder. The level is so low.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Madrid have a voodoo curse on everyone in this tournament, probably no other club would have rode their luck like they have. They got battered at times off Chelsea and City. Not seen the final, so can't really comment on how that game went.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Spot on sparks.

The league is full of cannon fodder. The level is so low.
Always found the arrogance of PL teams (fans) astonishing when it comes to Spanish teams. It was only a few years ago their b-tier teams were routinely schooling some of our top teams in the European cups. PL always seemed to favour more physical kick and rush style football over the more technical side of the game until Guardiola came along and started demanding teams stop playing start playing out from the back and to stop playing in a way that negates his tactics etc

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Madrid have a voodoo curse on everyone in this tournament, probably no other club would have rode their luck like they have. They got battered at times off Chelsea and City. Not seen the final, so can't really comment on how that game went.
Chelsea have done it in the past to win it. As have Liverpool.

I seem to remember United needed John terry to slip over to win it in 2008.

It's not rare.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:30 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think I said on here a few months back that Madrid are the jammiest team in the CL and everyone insisted it was Liverpool. I’ve no doubt Liverpool are scrappy, but for as long as I can remember I’ve watched Madrid go 1-0 or 2-0 (and more) down and come back out of nowhere. They do it ridiculously often.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Chelsea have done it in the past to win it. As have Liverpool.

I seem to remember United needed John terry to slip over to win it in 2008.

It's not rare.
Not to the extent that Madrid have. They have been outplayed in many of the knockout legs I've seen them in this year.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I think I said on here a few months back that Madrid are the jammiest team in the CL and everyone insisted it was Liverpool. I’ve no doubt Liverpool are scrappy, but for as long as I can remember I’ve watched Madrid go 1-0 or 2-0 (and more) down and come back out of nowhere. They do it ridiculously often.
It's not 'Jammy' or lucky when you do it 5 times since 2016. Or 3 times in a row.

Yes, i'm sure there's elements of luck here and there but there is an inherent belief at Madrid that they are the best team in the world and the european cup is a competition that they have a unique relationship with. Belief is a big thing.

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Big Norm

30 to 40 thousand Liverpool fans turned up at the stadium with fake or no tickets.

https://news.sky.com/story/champions...ckets-12624113

Unread 30-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
30 to 40 thousand Liverpool fans turned up at the stadium with fake or no tickets.

https://news.sky.com/story/champions...ckets-12624113
I'm very suspicious of all this. Much as i'm sure we'd all love this to be down to Liverpool fans forging thousands of tickets, you've got Liverpool players saying the tickets they gave family and friends from the club were being turned away as fakes.

There's also footage i've seen of liverpool fans just walking up to turnstiles quite normally, and being CS gassed for no apparent reason. Meanwhile i've seen videos where quite a lot of local Parisian youths rushing turnstiles and attempting to force their way in without tickets.

It sounds like a huge police/organisational knee jerk reaction to english supporters as usual. A couple of fans might have tried to con their way in so they've shut the gates and let everyone outside just £#%&!ing stew for hours on end.

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Bunker Buster

It was thousands mate.....

I sent this to a mate going out there, he said they were even cheaper round Merseyside

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:07 PM
wee man

Quote:
I'm very suspicious of all this. Much as i'm sure we'd all love this to be down to Liverpool fans forging thousands of tickets, you've got Liverpool players saying the tickets they gave family and friends from the club were being turned away as fakes.

There's also footage i've seen of liverpool fans just walking up to turnstiles quite normally, and being CS gassed for no apparent reason. Meanwhile i've seen videos where quite a lot of local Parisian youths rushing turnstiles and attempting to force their way in without tickets.

It sounds like a huge police/organisational knee jerk reaction to english supporters as usual. A couple of fans might have tried to con their way in so they've shut the gates and let everyone outside just f***ing stew for hours on end.
yep but if a fake ticket with row ? and seat ? went through then another genuine ticket for that same seat would bleep as it had already been used. Not really a fake ticket from the player but same result

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Your fake ticket QR code won't work, your using the ticket to get as close to the last barriers as possible....

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Your fake ticket QR code won't work, your using the ticket to get as close to the last barriers as possible....
Which then blocks everything up at the last point of entrance, people kick off, start jumping the barriers and then it all goes to shit, and the gendarme need to crack open the tear gas.

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
There's also footage i've seen of liverpool fans just walking up to turnstiles quite normally, and being CS gassed for no apparent reason.

Unread 30-05-2022, 02:17 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yep - we've all done it or know someone who has.
Closed Thread