United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:08 PM
dragflick

This £#%&!ing place

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
This £#%&!ing place

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
If you really looked around, you'll find the most rude, obnoxious and intolerant ones throwing snides have been the Toppest Of The Tops.

No, I was happy with the win. You can be happy with the win and still criticize the team on what they did wrong and how they can improve. It doesn't make a person a "slapped arse".

The only slapped arses here are the ones wetting the bed over people who don't conform to Blind Top Redness by having a different opinion.
My post was really a response to sandman’s wum. No issue with criticising performances but it should be balanced and it so often isn’t. When you’ve so clearly set your stall out, it’s often difficult to row back. No idea if that’s fair criticism of you as I’ve never noticed you before (that isn’t a dig by the way).

Personally, I disliked the van gaal era but if we played well, I was keen to acknowledge it. Liverpool away was one of the best ever united Lfc matches afaic.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
This £#%&!ing place

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:12 PM
browser

Quote:
If you really looked around, you'll find the most rude, obnoxious and intolerant ones throwing snides have been the Toppest Of The Tops.

No, I was happy with the win. You can be happy with the win and still criticize the team on what they did wrong and how they can improve. It doesn't make a person a "slapped arse".

The only slapped arses here are the ones wetting the bed over people who don't conform to Blind Top Redness by having a different opinion.
What a joyless approach to watching football. Suppose you were unhappy with the possession and shot stats in the 99 final then? Nobody thought the performance or the team was perfect but just enjoy it ffs

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Don't think it has. The problem for Chelsea is not having a partner for him who can pick a pass. Kante is a ball of energy and aggression but he has never been a great footballer, highly effective but expecting creativity from him is expecting too much.

Chelsea are an injury to Hazard away from being bang average, they badly need to upgrade on guys like Moses, Pedro, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Morata and Giroud. Fabregas must be close to finished at this level as well.
Was hoping they'd start him yesterday, his legs have gone.

I've always seen Kante as a player he runs around a lot and doesn't contribute anything but the defensive side.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
What a joyless approach to watching football. Suppose you were unhappy with the possession and shot stats in the 99 final then? Nobody thought the performance or the team was perfect but just enjoy it ffs
We led on both of those

The myth that we were battered for 90 minutes and got lucky Never in footballing history has an equaliser been more "it was coming". The only question was what the hell kept us.

Still I celebrated long into the night and the next day, tearing round The Rocks with a bunch of toppest reds, woke up in a bus stop in £#%&!ing Earlwood wherever that is... I didn't go near a computer for about three days. I guess that proves I hate United.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

good lord.

so much obsession over who said something right or wrong.

cream is at the heart of it, stirring the pot. Look we were right lads. they were wrong.

BORING.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Was hoping they'd start him yesterday, his legs have gone.

I've always seen Kante as a player he runs around a lot and doesn't contribute anything but the defensive side.
Odd to see Chelsea with the old Leicester midfield. Yes it won a title at the lowest point in the history of the PL in terms of quality at the top end, but even then it was based on others underestimating them, sitting back and ball over the top to Vardy.

Chelsea have made some poor choices with transfers, and it does not look as if Abramovich is in a CIty kind of mood to chuck them away and start again. Could be in for a lean spell.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Taking it way out of context.

The '99 United season is one of the best moments of my life.

I remember after all the celebrations and getting drunk, people talked about the good and bad things United done in that match, the what ifs, should've done, could've done, the banter, the piss-taking, etc.

People are allowed to talk about the mistakes and errors even if their teams win. It what football fans do, and it doesn't make it "joyless". If you don't want an open discussion, you'd be better off in an echo chamber.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Best midfielder in the world mate

Matic was absolutely delighted to dominate him yesterday

Quote:
This £#%&!ing place

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Buck

Fantastic victory that. Fair play to Lukaku - he was tremendous in the second half and took his goal nicely. Matic was far more livelier and the young Scott showed little signs of nerves. Valencia going under the radar again but he's shut out Hazard on quite a few occasions. Oh and....

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=72

What I will say is after the last month of performances, the fact this came as a pleasant surprise validates the concerns leading into it. I'm not talking about results because if your satisfaction from football comes through the final score and only the final score, you'd be better of doing something else for 90 minutes and checking livescore after. The concerns were that watching this team had become lifeless. There is serious talent there who have the capacity to excel yet they were playing within themselves. The lack of intensity off the ball was most notable but the quality of how we used it was frustrating too. Utd in the second half nullified Chelsea by imposing ourselves on the game. We shouldn't be shitting ourselves of what the opponent can do. If we play to our potential then that takes out one opposition player because he won't see much of the ball. We sat ultra deep vs Sevilla and their star man Banega made over 100 passes. That was no tactical masterclass. But we took on Chelsea and Hazard was not involved by extension of his team being on the backfoot.

That's what I want to see more of. In the big games that's been lacking, and you could say in most away games too given that shoddy stat of only coming back three times from a goal down in the past three and a half years of which two were championship teams.

Top 4 looks a lock-in at this moment. Chelsea are away to City and knowing the traditions of Chelsea, the mutiny will intensify. We have a great chance of progressing to the next round of the FA Cup, should make it to the CL Q/F. This season still has the potential to be remembered but hopefully this is the start of a momentous charge rather than an exception we'll look back on.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:28 PM
puressence

Sparkies silence speaks volumes .. Its beautiful

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:34 PM
browser

Quote:
People are allowed to talk about the mistakes and errors even if their teams win. It what football fans do, and it doesn't make it "joyless". If you don't want an open discussion, you'd be better off in an echo chamber.
Fair enough. Just personally don't think that backing the manager or revelling in a victory against a decent side means you can be labelled a top-red. I was under the impression that that's what we as fans were entitled to do. More than happy to discuss the many shortcomings of this side but yesterday was one of it's better days with more positives than negatives. There'll be plenty more opportunities to hammer them during the rest of the season.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:36 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Fantastic victory that. Fair play to Lukaku - he was tremendous in the second half and took his goal nicely. Matic was far more livelier and the young Scott showed little signs of nerves. Valencia going under the radar again but he's shut out Hazard on quite a few occasions. Oh and....

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=72

What I will say is after the last month of performances, the fact this came as a pleasant surprise validates the concerns leading into it. I'm not talking about results because if your satisfaction from football comes through the final score and only the final score, you'd be better of doing something else for 90 minutes and checking livescore after. The concerns were that watching this team had become lifeless. There is serious talent there who have the capacity to excel yet they were playing within themselves. The lack of intensity off the ball was most notable but the quality of how we used it was frustrating too. Utd in the second half nullified Chelsea by imposing ourselves on the game. We shouldn't be shitting ourselves of what the opponent can do. If we play to our potential then that takes out one opposition player because he won't see much of the ball. We sat ultra deep vs Sevilla and their star man Banega made over 100 passes. That was no tactical masterclass. But we took on Chelsea and Hazard was not involved by extension of his team being on the backfoot.

That's what I want to see more of. In the big games that's been lacking, and you could say in most away games too given that shoddy stat of only coming back three times from a goal down in the past three and a half years of which two were championship teams.

Top 4 looks a lock-in at this moment. Chelsea are away to City and knowing the traditions of Chelsea, the mutiny will intensify. We have a great chance of progressing to the next round of the FA Cup, should make it to the CL Q/F. This season still has the potential to be remembered but hopefully this is the start of a momentous charge rather than an exception we'll look back on.
It's still 50/50, our away form is shocking at the moment.

Plus Chelsea will probably be back to one game a week soon so you'll see an improvement from them.

Next three league games are vital.

We've Palace, Scousers (H) and Swansea (H)

They've City, Palace (H) and Spurs (H).

Overall 2/3/4 not good enough, but at least it's an improvement on last year and allows another summer of shipping out the dross in the squad.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
This £#%&!ing place

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:58 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Big Jesseh

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

quality, but who the £#%&! goes to games and films them on their phone? As bad as the nonces at gigs who do it.

Just odd.

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
quality, but who the £#%&! goes to games and films them on their phone? As bad as the nonces at gigs who do it.

Just odd.
We've already established that how quick you're on social media is the measure of your top redness. Not that much of a stretch.

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
quality, but who the f*** goes to games and films them on their phone? As bad as the nonces at gigs who do it.

Just odd.