United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:37 PM
Hyman_Roth

Bad results for us. Top 4 or 5 really is looking unlikely. Judging by BJR’s comments, that will be the end of Erik.

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Bad results for us. Top 4 or 5 really is looking unlikely. Judging by BJR’s comments, that will be the end of Erik.
Any slim hopes went last week.

Villa have found their feet again. We’re nowhere near good enough for top four.

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post

We would have been in with a shout if Martinez, Hojlund and shaw had stayed fit. Or even the first two, given shaw never stays fit.

Once martinez went down inured again, we were humped. He makes a massive difference to our game.

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:51 PM
Medlock

Shite

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
We would have been in with a shout if Martinez, Hojlund and shaw had stayed fit. Or even the first two, given shaw never stays fit.

Once martinez went down inured again, we were humped. He makes a massive difference to our game
Yep, much in the same way our last season came off the rails towards the end when he broke his foot, hugely important for us.

We were in with a slim chance of making top 4, that shocker of a performance at home to a pretty shit fulham side quickly put any ideas of that to bed.

11 points behind with 10 games to go. It's a wrap i'm afraid.

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:55 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Yep, much in the same way our last season came off the rails towards the end when he broke his foot, hugely important for us.

We were in with a slim chance of making top 4, that shocker of a performance at home to a pretty shit fulham side quickly put any ideas of that to bed.

11 points behind with 10 games to go. It's a wrap i'm afraid.
Yup.

Unread 02-03-2024, 08:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Spot on Dr.

All in all this has been an absolute shocker of a season. We’re probably going to end up losing something like 14 games which when you think about it is £#%&!ing disgraceful.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Spot on Dr.

All in all this has been an absolute shocker of a season. We’re probably going to end up losing something like 14 games which when you think about it is £#%&!ing disgraceful.
It’s been one disaster after another, and every time a sign of positivity appears, something terrible (somethings, more often than not) happens that sets us back worse than we were before.

It’s difficult to see what we even do to rectify it in the summer, there are now so many personnel changes that need made, problems that need fixed.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:05 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Odd thing to look up....
odd thing to assume
known it since the day mason signed for them

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Here’s hoping.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:13 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
odd thing to assume
known it since the day mason signed for them

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:15 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Give it Jethro till the end of the season.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:18 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Here’s hoping.
The arguments to counter this are getting more difficult. It’s really been so bad.

That said, if he was to somehow conjure up a win tomorrow then he could stay as long as he likes for me……

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
The arguments to counter this are getting more difficult. It’s really been so bad.

That said, if he was to somehow conjure up a win tomorrow then he could stay as long as he likes for me……
Unfortunately, I doubt there’s a single person on here who really believes he will.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Unfortunately, I doubt there’s a single person on here who really believes he will.
9-1 with the bookies to win. And that’s generous.

I’ll be surprised if City score fewer than 3

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:24 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Bunks/Ned?

Not seen a prediction from them I don’t think tbf

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

It would rank up there with the biggest shocks i've seen if he manages to pull out a win tomorrow.

Our record at away grounds of top teams under him is shocking, the way this team plays, the way City are playing right now, everything points to us getting a sound beating yet again.

It really does piss me off because no matter how good we were and no matter how bad the likes of City or Liverpool were.... they never rolled over the way we have in the last couple of years.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:29 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
9-1 with the bookies to win. And that’s generous.

I’ll be surprised if City score fewer than 3
Wouldn’t surprise me if it ended up 9-1

Quote:
Bunks/Ned?

Not seen a prediction from them I don’t think tbf
They wouldn’t really believe it, even if they said it.

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
larry

Quote:
can't rep so

Unread 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
It would rank up there with the biggest shocks i've seen if he manages to pull out a win tomorrow.

Our record at away grounds of top teams under him is shocking, the way this team plays, the way City are playing right now, everything points to us getting a sound beating yet again.

It really does piss me off because no matter how good we were and no matter how bad the likes of City or Liverpool were.... they never rolled over the way we have in the last couple of years.
Yep, always pissed me off. I went to Maine Road and Anfield when we were the very best we’ve ever been and we rarely slapped either of them. 5 -0 at OT when Kanshelskis was playing is probs the best we’ve done. We went 3-0 at Anfield and somehow managed to draw the game (if memory serves).

We’ve been slapped by both like there’s no tomorrow.

7-0 I mean £#%&! me, that’s got to be the worst result we’ve had since any of us have been alive. Even No Fun.