United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:36 PM
believe

Thumbs up Re: Match Thread: wba v Manchester United

nur nur nur nur nur nur very very young very young very very young

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Baron

Default Re: Match Thread: wba v Manchester United

Rio's out for 6 weeks, Vidic two weeks, Evra back next week. Not that bad, but the experience factor might see Carrick & Berbatov back in the side at Welbeck & Cleverley's expense.

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
£#%&! off
Charming

It's against Spurs, FFS. You know, "the immutable law of the ex" and all that

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Rio's out for 6 weeks, Vidic two weeks, Evra back next week. Not that bad, but the experience factor might see Carrick & Berbatov back in the side at Welbeck & Cleverley's expense.
i dont think he can leave cleverley out after that, especially for £#%&!ing carrick.

i reckon it will be 4-3-3 with rooney young and nani, anderson cleverley and another.

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:44 PM
MakeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Would love to know the pass completion rate stats on Cleverley for today's game. Can't remember him giving the ball away once.

He's gonna be a top player.

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve
quality. looked very composed today.

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i dont think he can leave cleverley out after that, especially for £#%&!ing carrick.

i reckon it will be 4-3-3 with rooney young and nani, anderson cleverley and another.
Might shoe-horn Carrick in there then. But Spurs play with width so sticking Carrick in the middle wont exactly arrest any issues we face.

I'd go with the same side, Evra back & probably Fabio at right back, Jones & Smalling in the middle, Evans might be slightly ahead due to experience but those two have an understanding from the u-21's & any stability in front of De Gea is a positive.

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Might shoe-horn Carrick in there then. But Spurs play with width so sticking Carrick in the middle wont exactly arrest any issues we face.

I'd go with the same side, Evra back & probably Fabio at right back, Jones & Smalling in the middle, Evans might be slightly ahead due to experience but those two have an understanding from the u-21's & any stability in front of De Gea is a positive.
i think evans will play. he has looked extremely assured in the last two games.

cleverley will definitely play; well, he definitely should. impressive again today.

de gea though. :shakehead: he is very young and will come through this but nightmare start for the lad. vdv will be peppering shots at him next week

good win today. rooney looks in great knick and young was very dangerous.

love united

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Yep, the press is going to be all over him though, no surprise there tbh.
Like in the 2nd half when the west brom defender almost flipped him over, Smith and Tyler criticising him for it, and they did the same when Long elbowed him in the face. Bunch of @#%&!s, much like the fans who have written him off already.
let them. Andy Cole got 100 times worse, so if the kids got anything about him he'll just keep his head down, learn english pronto and train his %@#$&!s off.

Needs to put some meat on his bones as well.

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
i think evans will play. he has looked extremely assured in the last two games.

cleverley will definitely play; well, he definitely should. impressive again today.

de gea though. :shakehead: he is very young and will come through this but nightmare start for the lad. vdv will be peppering shots at him next week

good win today. rooney looks in great knick and young was very dangerous.

love united
M42 quiet mate?

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Sparky***

Also, doesn't wayne's hair look good now

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Some of the combinations need work. Anderson and Cleverley is a difficut balance, both are better pushing forward, and the passing between them needs to be quicker.

Smalling and Nani has not worked at all, and the Rooney, Welbeck pairing had little success. I would like to see Berbatov and Rooney back as a pair against Spurs.
This

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:59 PM
plopborsky

for those that missed it

Unread 14-08-2011, 06:59 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Would love to know the pass completion rate stats on Cleverley for today's game. Can't remember him giving the ball away once.

He's gonna be a top player.
yep, i was thinking the same. had a good game again today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it has knocked a few years off tbf to him

Unread 14-08-2011, 07:01 PM
believe

Quote:
well he definitely looks like he's in his twenties

Unread 14-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
M42 quiet mate?

in the chopper today pal

Unread 14-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

was thinking the same pal; looks decent

Unread 14-08-2011, 07:06 PM
MUFC One Love

Cleverley is going to be a top player.

He's so clever.

As someone has said, I think against Spurs he might go 4-3-3 with Hernandez still being out, he might play Rooney, Young and Nani as a 3. He'll put Carrick back in for his experience, even if Vidic and Rio were fit I think he would play Carrick against Spurs 'cos it's a bigger game, and if he plays 4-3-3 he can play Cleverley too.

Unread 14-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Cleverley is going to be a top player.

He's so clever.

As someone has said, I think against Spurs he might go 4-3-3 with Hernandez still being out, he might play Rooney, Young and Nani as a 3. He'll put Carrick back in for his experience, even if Vidic and Rio were fit I think he would play Carrick against Spurs 'cos it's a bigger game, and if he plays 4-3-3 he can play Cleverley too.
someone has a name pal

Unread 14-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
someone has a name pal
Closed Thread