Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2007, 12:56 AM
shadowplay

Default Tommorows Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

Unread 05-01-2007, 12:59 AM
The Real Roxanne

£15m for his head. How much for the rest of him?

Unread 05-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Spiffy

Let's hope he's as good as he was in the world cup.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Let's hope we sign him

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:08 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

He`s as good!!!? ffs he give his all to try and prove something to the England camp/fans,....his best is not good enough for Utd in my books,come on £32 mill on 2 half decent midfielders is not the best bit of business we have done.....even if we win the league.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:08 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s
He`s as good!!!? ffs he give his all to try and prove something to the England camp/fans,....his best is not good enough for Utd in my books,come on £32 mill on 2 half decent midfielders is not the best nit of business we have done.....even if we win the league.
Who is good enough then?

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:20 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Who is good enough then?
I agree that there is not much talent out there at the moment but i would sooner go for Cahill/Nolan or barton(the last two options would be hard for me)but we know Bayern are doing to us what others clubs do to Chelsea...making us/them pay.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I agree that there is not much talent out there at the moment but i would sooner go for Cahill/Nolan or barton(the last two options would be hard for me)but we know Bayern are doing to us what others clubs do to Chelsea...making us/them pay.
I'd take hargreaves over all three of them - put together.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:28 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Tell ya now,lad,the addition of Hargreaves wouldn't see us far off that league title we crave in May.Type of player who'll get stuck in against your Arsenals,Chelseas,Liverpools and work his balls off throughout the game.Loads of £#%&!in energy and a lot of determintion.I couldn't see Cahill/Nolan/Baeton doing that tbh.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:31 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I'd take hargreaves over all three of them - put together.
Really? on what showing?...if Owen is worth 15 mil plus what is/was nicky butt and Phil Nev worth?.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Really? on what showing?...if Owen is worth 15 mil plus what is/was nicky butt and Phil Nev worth?.
gotta be taking the piss now

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:35 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
.I couldn't see Cahill/Nolan/Baeton doing that tbh.

Tell me why you couldnt see them doing that for Utd when you see them doing now for their teams?....strange comments.....could you see the skinny Roy Keane we signed form forest doing it?...none of us could.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:39 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
gotta be taking the piss now
No why are you?....so you are saying we are buying the best young midfielder around at the moment for a good price?.

If you are well we have differant ideas about football mate.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Hargreaves can play defensive mid, right-back, right wing-back and I dare say is probably pretty adept in one or two other positions as well. None of the other three can offer nearly as much. cahill surprised me with the quality he showed in Germany, but he's a very poor man's Paul Scholes. Nolan is an honest pro (for a scouser) and barton is a @#%&!.

Forgot to say, hargreaves has been brought up at one of the true European giants and shouldn't be phased by United, especially as he's played their many times and knows plenty of the players from England. All plusses, along with the fact he wants to come and has stuck his head on the block to try and make it happen.

Unread 05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Tell me why you couldnt see them doing that for Utd when you see them doing now for their teams?....strange comments.....could you see the skinny Roy Keane we signed form forest doing it?...none of us could.
Should we buy Matty Taylor from Portsmouth then?Nolan has had a poor season by his standards this season and do you really want to see Barton in a red shirt?Ill ask you this-Can you see any of those 3 playing for Bayern week in week out?Because i sure as well £#%&!ing cant.

Quote:
No why are you?....so you are saying we are buying the best young midfielder around at the moment for a good price?.

If you are well we have differant ideas about football mate.
Im not taking the piss at all mate.I think we,hopefully,are getting a player who would fit in nicely to the team that we currently have.Sure,we'll pay over the odds but the case would be the same if we were going for the 3 that you have mentioned.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:00 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Hargreaves can play defensive mid, right-back, right wing-back and I dare say is probably pretty adept in one or two other positions as well. None of the other three can offer nearly as much. cahill surprised me with the quality he showed in Germany, but he's a very poor man's Paul Scholes. Nolan is an honest pro (for a scouser) and barton is a @#%&!.

Forgot to say, hargreaves has been brought up at one of the true European giants and shouldn't be phased by United, especially as he's played their many times and knows plenty of the players from England. All plusses, along with the fact he wants to come and has stuck his head on the block to try and make it happen.

Give us a chance lads...one at a time...Throb if Cahill is a Poor mans Paul Scholes is Hargreaves a poor mans Phil Nev?.

Nolan,Barton are Both scouse @#%&!s but so is Rooney,to be honest i dont like see`ing too many scousers in a Utd shirt...but it happens.

It comes down to why buy Carrick for 18 mill then pay 15 mill for his legs?.

Sorry fellas i think we can do better.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:03 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
is Hargreaves a poor mans Phil Nev?.

Nolan,Barton are Both scouse @#%&!s but so is Rooney,to be honest i dont like see`ing too many scousers in a Utd shirt...but it happens.

It comes down to why buy Carrick for 18 mill then pay 15 mill for his legs?.

Sorry fellas i think we can do better.
To be fair mate,Have you seen much of Hargreaves.I have no doubt that he's a much better player than Phil Neville.

We paid 14million for Carrick,it only goes up to 18 if we are successful in the future,which,im sure you'll agree,is worth the extra 4 million,if it happens.

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:11 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
To be fair mate,Have you seen much of Hargreaves.I have no doubt that he's a much better player than Phil Neville.

We paid 14million for Carrick,it only goes up to 18 if we are successful in the future,which,im sure you'll agree,is worth the extra 4 million,if it happens.

To be fair mate.....I have seen Hargreaves play for England and Bayern..but i have a feeling you are going to tell me you know far more about the player and have watched him far more than any @#%&! on the forum .

Listen we know Hargreaves is better than P.Nev and N.Butt but you are missing the point....toungue in cheek ...like it was,is how much better is he and is he really worth it.........£#%&! me this is hard

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:13 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
To be fair mate.....I have seen Hargreaves play for England and Bayern..but i have a feeling you are going to tell me you know far more about the player and have watched him far more than any @#%&! on the forum .

Listen we know Hargreaves is better than P.Nev and N.Butt but you are missing the point....toungue in cheek ...like it was,is how much better is he and is he really worth it.........£#%&! me this is hard
Nope,im not going to say anything like that.I rarely seen Bayern play but when i have seen him play,hes done well on all occasions.

How can we say if he's worth it or not,when he hasn't even signed yet,never mind played a game?

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:19 AM
f.l.a.t.s

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=6745

For my point ...look in the thread above...its not who is good and bad but who will play/fit together on the pitch.

I dont see it....i might be wrong ...i often do get it wrong you know.
Closed Thread