United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:01 PM
wee man

Default If Big Ron was still our manager -

I don't think we would have lost that match yesterday. He would have selected our strongest attacking team and went for it. Of course he wouldn't have had the distraction of a champions league semi final to take into account in the first place.

Bring back Big Ron.

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:05 PM
edwin

IF SAF had the mentality in 1999 he does now, we would never have won the treble.
We certainly would not have beaten Arsenal at Villa Park as he would have sacrificied that game in favour of the pending Juve one

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:23 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
IF SAF had the mentality in 1999 he does now, we would never have won the treble.
We certainly would not have beaten Arsenal at Villa Park as he would have sacrificied that game in favour of the pending Juve one
but surely he started the replay with Teddy and Ole (when Cole and Yorke were the undoubted first choice) - and didn't Giggsy come off the bench that night ?

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:28 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
but surely he started the replay with Teddy and Ole (when Cole and Yorke were the undoubted first choice) - and didn't Giggsy come off the bench that night ?
Yes, all true, but Teddy and Ole were able deputies, and he threw caution to the win towards the end and really went for it.

I remember him being criticised in some sections of the media for doing that, as it was argued that we should have concentrated more on Juventus coming up.

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:33 PM
wee man

Quote:
Yes, all true, but Teddy and Ole were able deputies, and he threw caution to the win towards the end and really went for it.

I remember him being criticised in some sections of the media for doing that, as it was argued that we should have concentrated more on Juventus coming up.
And in the end who was proved right. And if we win on Tuesday AND beat West Ham and Wigan then he will have been proved right again. Here's hoping.

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:36 PM
edwin

Quote:
And in the end who was proved right. And if we win on Tuesday AND beat West Ham and Wigan then he will have been proved right again. Here's hoping.
Oh absolutely.

He's going to get £#%&!ing slaughtered after our last two performances if we end up empty handed though

I pray we are hailing him as a genius at the end of the season.

Unread 27-04-2008, 07:37 PM
wee man

Quote:
Oh absolutely.

He's going to get £#%&!ing slaughtered after our last two performances if we end up empty handed though

I pray we are hailing him as a genius at the end of the season.
Our Father.....

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

If Big Ron was our manager we would have gone to attack Chelsea and £#%&! everything else

Because we'd be 4th by now.

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
If Big Ron was our manager we would have gone to attack Chelsea and £#%&! everything else

Arf. True.

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:27 PM
wee man

Quote:

Exactly my original point

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:

We'd probably do quite well in the Champions League though.

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Exactly my original point
aha, I see. ambiguity rocks

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
We'd probably do quite well in the Champions League though.
Can't think who you're referring to

Unread 27-04-2008, 08:56 PM
RedArmy20

if big ron was still our manager we might not have been in the same position as we are at the moment.

but if he took over the team 2 days before the chelsea game there is no doubt that he would do things differentley.

Unread 27-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Spiffy

If big Ron was our manager, there'd be loads of numpties who wouldn't want to change him because we win the FA Cup every other year and are guaranteed Champions Legue football because we finish in the top 4 all the time. People wouldn't want to risk the success we are getting for the big prizes. Sad isn't it?

Unread 27-04-2008, 09:16 PM
HarkNowHear

It was Luton away was it not

too many tears and sleepless nights

and the fact the @#%&!s I went with left me there

Unread 27-04-2008, 10:18 PM
jem

Quote:
even if we win the next four games, he will not have been proved right. we should have the league tied up already.

big ron's teams were unlucky with injuries and he didn't have the depth of squad to cover. I loved watching that united team. we should have won the title a couple of times at least in the 80s.

and I'll tell you something - any team with robson, whiteside, mcgrath and hughes in would have £#%&!ing murdered chelsea and barcelona in the last two games. mcgrath was like ferdinand and vidic combined.

Unread 27-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If big Ron was our manager, there'd be loads of numpties who wouldn't want to change him because we win the FA Cup every other year and are guaranteed Champions Legue football because we finish in the top 4 all the time. People wouldn't want to risk the success we are getting for the big prizes. Sad isn't it?
Top 2 guarantees CL football. The FA Cup was a fantastic buzz - in the 1980s. I suppose you had to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
even if we win the next four games, he will not have been proved right. we should have the league tied up already.

big ron's teams were unlucky with injuries and he didn't have the depth of squad to cover. I loved watching that united team. we should have won the title a couple of times at least in the 80s.

and I'll tell you something - any team with robson, whiteside, mcgrath and hughes in would have £#%&!ing murdered chelsea and barcelona in the last two games. mcgrath was like ferdinand and vidic combined.
The trophies are handed out in May.

United have the depth of squad to compete at the highest level from August to May - and when they use that squad idiots whinge like a bunch of £#%&!ing women.

McGrath was like Ferdinand, Moran was like Vidic. United had never won in Spain until this decade (aside from the obvious).

Unread 27-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Sober or not

Unread 27-04-2008, 10:33 PM
JakeB

'av it.
Closed Thread