United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Beck99

Exclamation Protest at OT (Spurs)

Oct 30th.

Taken from RI and has been c&p on many other forums. Didn't see it in this section though.

This is the original post;

Quote:
Maybe dismissed in an instant as a load of shit, but hey ho

The Club can to a certain extent control everything that occurs inside the ground, on the carparks and forecourt but they cannot control anything that happens on the public highway..thats the Dibbles manor.

Looking at a Satellite View of OT there appears to be only 3 main roads\junctions of access to the ground.

My Idea is this.

Instead of trying to boycott the game why not attempt to prevent the game from actually taking place via a French style blockade at the points of access to the ground. Players\staff\TV crews etc would be unable to get to the ground via motor access and i cannot see playing staff walking the gauntlet.
A Gandhi-like Non violent resistance style would be favourable. Sitting down arms linked in vast numbers at these junctions singing 'We shall not be moved'... sure some people are going to get banged up for obstruction and maybe a swift baton strike to the %@#$&!s but its a means to an end and will generate a lot of media interest.

Like i said, its just an idea...Let the ripping it apart as a load of old shit commence.
It's received a postive response, (well mostly), and it's all to do with the numbers.

A lot more organising is needed but the idea has only been around since 10am this morning. Personally i feel we shouldn't have had to wait until the end of October to get the anti-Glazer ball rolling again but I'm sort of relieved and excited that it's still there.

We need numbers so put down if you're willing to help in anyway at all.

Unread 06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: Protest at OT (Spurs)

think I'll wait and see

hth

Unread 06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Default Re: Protest at OT (Spurs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
think I'll wait and see

hth

not a bad idea as far as direct action goes - i seem to remember volunteering myself to be chained to w15 last season at the milan game () - but as with every protest, it's numbers that counts

I wasn't aware anyone gave a £#%&! anymore tbh

Unread 06-10-2010, 07:29 PM
sluzz

It's certainly gathering a lot of interest on RI with many putting themselves forward and a plan is starting to materialise.

The idea is to walk from Deansgate to OT and then end up having something similar to what happened for the Stoke match at the end of last season (I know a lot of the lads who were there that day are going to contribute to this idea greatly).

It needs maximum exposure though and numbers.

There's a couple saying that it won't affect anything but I think this post sums up that something is definitely needed to get the ball rolling this season -

Quote:
For the Glazers to leave they must be forced out. After numerous debates on the subject, consensus is that an ST boycott is our best (only) weapon for this. A boycott must be called towards the end of this season (and/or subsequent seasons).

But consider this - we had months of 'momentum' (c/o DD) last season before plenty of folk on here were calling for a boycott. We got a few to chuck it in, the club felt the hit, but nothing major happened. That was on the back of one of the biggest 'movements' of football supporters in living memory.

Are we to call a boycott at the end of this season, without any prior media coverage, without any momentum, with all the sheep-following supporters that flock to our club every other week? We'd have no chance, absolutely no £#%&!ing chance - the impact would be less than last season's boycott and our continuing protests against the Glazer occupation would be laughed at.

Let's get things rolling. The march itself won't achieve loads, but we need to rebuild the anti-Glazer feeling within our support again if we're to have any chance of getting rid of them anytime soon. The protests this season have died down, the smarmy Glazers and their lap-dog Gill think they've weathered the storm.
And for the record, the main lads really getting behind this are all boycotters.

Unread 06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluzz
It's certainly gathering a lot of interest on RI with many putting themselves forward and a plan is starting to materialise.

The idea is to walk from Deansgate to OT and then end up having something similar to what happened for the Stoke match at the end of last season (I know a lot of the lads who were there that day are going to contribute to this idea greatly).

It needs maximum exposure though and numbers.

There's a couple saying that it won't affect anything but I think this post sums up that something is definitely needed to get the ball rolling this season -

And for the record, the main lads really getting behind this are all boycotters.

cheers for that last bit, has defo made up my mind

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Zorg

Just ignore Kev, he's Scottish.

I'll be there.

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Just ignore Kev, he's Scottish.

I'll be there.
no game that day

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:13 PM
red @rmy

I can see kicking off all over.
You see, we have fans who still enjoy going to the game no matter who's in charge. I was on the original protests, that was our best chance, it's over folks, it's over.

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:27 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: Protest at OT (Spurs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
You see, we have fans who still enjoy going to the game no matter who's in charge. I was on the original protests, that was our best chance, it's over folks, it's over.
Well, we need to do something. Whether you still go, boycott or whatever the £#%&! else it is you do on the weekends, you can join in. The momentum from last season has been lost and needs to be recaptured.

If it kicks off with the pigs or CES, then even better.

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Beck99

Quote:
Don't know if you're a wum or not as i'm not on this forum a lot, but if that's your attitude now then we have absolutely no chance.

Fair play for you doing what you did back in '05 but we're not at that stage anymore, so any idea's a good idea, (apart from a few that have been fairly laughable in the past!).

and thanks for sticking this on the main forum whoever did it

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:28 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Well, we need to do something. Whether you still go, boycott or whatever the £#%&! else it is you do on the weekends, you can join in. The momentum from last season has been lost and needs to be recaptured.

If it kicks off with the pigs or CES, then even better.
As much as I'd love too, I can't be involved in that.

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck99
Don't know if you're a wum or not as i'm not on this forum a lot, but if that's your attitude now then we have absolutely no chance.

Fair play for you doing what you did back in '05 but we're not at that stage anymore, so any idea's a good idea, (apart from a few that have been fairly laughable in the past!).
RA wumming never!

Hes not on this one TBH!

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
andyroo

The good thing about this planned action is that it's something boycotters and those who can't bear to stay away despite themselves could all get involved in. Seems like something we can all be united in for once rather than calling each other names. So we can all sing from the same hymn sheet for once.

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Ginners

im going to this game. if i travel up and some #@&%!s have blocked the road therell be trouble

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Seems like something we can all be united in for once rather than calling each other names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
im going to this game. if i travel up and some #@&%!s have blocked the road therell be trouble
...or maybe not

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
just walk to the ground in the march. no worries

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
...or maybe not
Be fair mate, Gins only gets the chance to see his team play at OT once a year

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Sloppy

Seeing as both forums are public wont the club just make extra plans to stop this from happening?

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:39 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck99
sound.

we'll do £#%&! all then.

I'll spread the word.
Come up with a sensible idea and I'll listen, as for blocking the road at a big game dream on, never gonna get the numbers.

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
As much as I'd love too, I can't be involved in that.

Well said andyroo. Not sure how anyones 'principles' can stop them from joining fellow Reds and hurling abuse at the @#%&!s destroying our club.

red @rmy will be in the thick of it, he can't help himself
Closed Thread