United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:02 PM
saffers

Default The start of the darkness in 2013, the Thiago saga, here is the truth

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/06/rio-f...o=newsnow-feed

Ferdinand claims that Thiago personally called him to ask if he could put in a good word to United’s hierarchy.

But the former United defender revealed that David Moyes and Ed Woodward turned down Thiago’s advances, while the club ended the window by signing Marouane Fellaini from Everton.

‘Before Thiago left Barcelona he called me,’ Ferdinand told Vibe with FIVE.

‘He speaks fluent English and we had played against Barcelona in the United States on tour and he was unreal. He played as the No.10 and he scored a worldie.

‘So we knew about him anyway and few years later Moyes was manager. I don’t speak to Thiago, I don’t know him, but David De Gea gave him my number.

‘So he [Thiago] rang me, and he said, ‘Rio, I would love to come to Man United, can you speak to someone?’

‘He said to me, ‘I would like the opportunity to come to Man United, is there anybody that I could or you could speak to see the interest?’

‘So I spoke to the people at the club… Moyes, it might have [also] been Woodward, I mentioned it. [They replied], ‘no, we’re already down the line with a couple of other signings, it’s fine.’

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:31 PM
Ethers

He’s been an absolute disaster for Liverpool, sounds like we dodged a bullet.

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Saw him a few times for Bayern and he was great tbf but since Hargreaves I always question Bayern’s motives when they move a player on. Have they ever sold a player who’s at their peak?

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Have they ever sold a player who’s at their peak?
basti.

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Sapien

Schweinsteiger

Edit: too slow

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Schweinsteiger

Edit: too slow

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
basti.
Peak earning potential and reputation maybe.

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:51 PM
puressence

thiago in 2013 wasnt past his peak ffs ..incredible player

Unread 06-07-2021, 12:58 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Saw him a few times for Bayern and he was great tbf but since Hargreaves I always question Bayern’s motives when they move a player on. Have they ever sold a player who’s at their peak?
Kroos

Unread 06-07-2021, 01:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wouldnt judge him on his liverpool spell tbf.

Besides, this is about 2013 Thiago.

This Woodward guy was allowed to run riot for another 8 years after turning his nose up at Thiago.

Crazy.

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Why would he call Rio when he already knew de Gea?

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
He was at Barcelona at the time Nedders....

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
De gea is a massive goth @#%&! and no way would he approach the board.... Rio is the plug.

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Maybe because Rio was a long standing member of the squad whereas Dave had been there a year or two?

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He was at Barcelona at the time Nedders....
Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
thiago in 2013 wasnt past his peak ffs ..incredible player
Was referring to when he went to Liverpool. I’d have taken him in 2013, once he went to Bayern I figured that was it. When they moved him on I did wonder why as he’d been brilliant for them.

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:54 PM
tatty

I bet Moyes regrets it now as well.

Although he'd have turned him to shit in no time.

Unread 06-07-2021, 02:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I bet Moyes regrets it now as well.

Although he'd have turned him to shit in no time.
He’d have suited LvG. He thrived at Bayern playing that possession based football. Instead we had Schneiderlin.

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:11 PM
dunk

Suffered with injuries throughout his time at Bayern tbf. Our medical staff would've killed him off.

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Suffered with injuries throughout his time at Bayern tbf. Our medical staff would've killed him off.
Guardiola wasn't very happy with Bayern's medical staff at the time. Not just about him, he was always bitching about them.

I guess his complaint was "why don't they just dope them to the eyeballs like we used to" but he couldn't say it in public.

Unread 06-07-2021, 03:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Guardiola wasn't very happy with Bayern's medical staff at the time. Not just about him, he was always bitching about them.

I guess his complaint was "why don't they just dope them to the eyeballs like we used to" but he couldn't say it in public.
Sacked their long-term doctor who then returned to the club as soon as Guardiola/Fuentes left. One of the first things he did at city was try and recruit the medical staff to his personal entourage so if he ever left they would come with, wonder why
Closed Thread