United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think there are 2 major issues. Firstly the total confusion of the messages coming out of the club over a number of injuries is frustrating a lot of fans, It doesn't help when the player himself stirs this particular pot either. Secondly there'sa certain section of people who are enjoying the opportunity Hargers injury is providiong for "I told you so-ing". As I say, he'll get back from this and will prove a great asset.
I agree. I just don't see why everyone thought he'd be back this weekend. I really don't. There was no indication he would be.

Yes, it's frustrating. The medical staff are shit and are giving hopeless projected return dates and this pisses fans off (fair enough). I think people would be happier to hear a longer date in the first place to avoid this false hope.

I think that's a decent enough prognosis of the squad. We still have enough in the squad to win at Villa.

It's game against Arsenal and the like that we need Hargreaves back.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I agree. I just don't see why everyone thought he'd be back this weekend. I really don't. There was no indication he would be.

I think 'cos of Hergers saying his injury problems were behind him. This is what I mean by the confused message coming out of United about injury's.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think 'cos of Hergers saying his injury problems were behind him. This is what I mean by the confused message coming out of United about injury's.
I think people read too much into these things. It was an article in The Sun saying he hoped they were behind him.

People get all excited and think 'he's back! Look, here's the link.'

pinch. of. salt.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Hargo will be a very good player. However even when fit, you get the feeling he will keep getting niggles and missing games.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hargo will be a very good player. However even when fit, you get the feeling he will keep getting niggles and missing games.
Why?

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think people read too much into these things. It was an article in The Sun saying he hoped they were behind him.

People get all excited and think 'he's back! Look, here's the link.'

pinch. of. salt.
"I hope this is it for me injury-wise. I have missed enough games," Hargreaves told The Sun.

"I have missed enough games"

Not a huge reach to think this suggests he won't be missing another. As I say, it's a confused message that's been going on for weeks and weeks with 3 or 4 players, it's bound to be frustrating.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Why?
Don't, I really don't want a rerun of that boring idea he's been injured for 3 seasons.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
"I hope this is it for me injury-wise. I have missed enough games," Hargreaves told The Sun.

"I have missed enough games"

Not a huge reach to think this suggests he won't be missing another. As I say, it's a confused message that's been going on for weeks and weeks with 3 or 4 players, it's bound to be frustrating.
Yes, 'this is it' as in the this injury. As in he's on the road to recovery and hopefully that'll be it once he's back.

There's no real indication. Perhaps a hint.....in The Sun

What's far clearer is Fergie saying he'll be training in two weeks a couple of weeks ago.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes, 'this is it' as in the this injury. As in he's on the road to recovery and hopefully that'll be it once he's back.

There's no real indication. Perhaps a hint.....in The Sun

What's far clearer is Fergie saying he'll be training in two weeks a couple of weeks ago.

Yes but that's the point, the lack of clarity, the mixed messages. It's no surprise considering this that expectations are being falsely raised and that when they are then dashed people get annoyed. By the way, Fergie said he was "training well" 2 weeks ago. They should decide on a message and stick to it, or even and I know this is radical, consider actually telling the fans what on earth is going on.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Yes but that's the point, the lack of clarity, the mixed messages. It's no surprise considering this that expectations are being falsely raised and that when they are then dashed people get annoyed. By the way, Fergie said he was "training well" 2 weeks ago. They should decide on a message and stick to it, or even and I know this is radical, consider actually telling the fans what on earth is going on.
I'm not sympathising with people who read and believe The Sun.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'm not sympathising with people who read and believe The Sun.
It isn't just the Sun, it's a constant stream of mixed messages and confused statements that's been coming out of the club for months now concerning a number of injuries. I'm just saying that considering this it's not surprised supporters don't know what to believe and get annoyed at another percieved setback.

Unread 19-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Why?
Beacuse someone on an internet forum claimed he has been constantly injured for the last 4 years and some people have taken it as gospel despite being repeatedly reminded of his playing record for Bayern Munich.
Closed Thread