United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Whalefish

Default Vidic a doubt?

Hargreaves, Saha and Neville out.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=480611

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Money well spent on Hargo I see!

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

It says he's a doubt but without any reason? Just that he hasn't played since Wigan. No reason I can see he won't play.

Whalefish

Maybe. But I still say Utd £#%&!ed up by actually playing him when he hadn't fully recovered. I couldn't do a damn thing when I had it yet he could train and play in two competitve matches? Don't £#%&!ing think so...

Bishovetz

So long as Nemanja's fit, not arsed about the others.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It says he's a doubt but without any reason? Just that he hasn't played since Wigan. No reason I can see he won't play.
There was a comment by the Serbian team doc that the lad couldn't head the ball for 10/14 days (i forget which one it was). That would have taken him up to Saturday. I haven't got a link unfortunately but it was on the RN news page a week or so ago.

I won't be surprised it he is out.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Getting abit sick of Hargo's lack of availability to be honest. Not knocking his attitude, just his body.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Whalefish

Fergie has said Hargreaves is two weeks away from fitness. No I'm not joking. Saha might be ok for Kiev.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Sparky***

I read an article in the paper yesterday where hargreaves was declaring himself fit.

Saha and Neville are just par for the £#%&!ing course.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Sparky***

From the beeb

Quote:
Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves (tendinitis) is still two weeks away from a comeback.

Gary Neville (calf) and Louis Saha (knee) are also out, but John O'Shea (thigh) and Nemanja Vidic (concussion), should be available

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Getting abit sick of Hargo's lack of availability to be honest. Not knocking his attitude, just his body.
Well the medical staff have only got themselves to blame.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:54 PM
believe

Vidic is going to Magaulf for his birthday weekend.

Unread 19-10-2007, 01:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
There was a comment by the Serbian team doc that the lad couldn't head the ball for 10/14 days (i forget which one it was). That would have taken him up to Saturday. I haven't got a link unfortunately but it was on the RN news page a week or so ago.

I won't be surprised it he is out.
Erm, so a Serbian doc says Vidic won't be ready 'til tomorrow? That suggests he'll play doesn't it?

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:00 PM
The Return of JC

Hargreaves was never going to be ready in time.

This all seems to have stemmed from him saying he hopes his injuries problems are behind him.

That doesn't mean he's ready.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Hargreaves was never going to be ready in time.

This all seems to have stemmed from him saying he hopes his injuries problems are behind him.

That doesn't mean he's ready.
Seems to me it's a mixture of him returning from a broken leg under a totally incompetent medical staff along with certain anti-Hargo types using his injury to indulge in a bit of crowing. I look forward to his getting fit and proving what a valuable asset he's gonna be to the club.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:06 PM
believe

In his acting days Nemanja played the part of the guy on the right. fact.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:07 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Seems to me it's a mixture of him returning from a broken leg under a totally incompetent medical staff along with certain anti-Hargo types using his injury to indulge in a bit of crowing. I look forward to his getting fit and proving what a valuable asset he's gonna be to the club.
I don't see why everyone is getting wound up. We found out after the Roma game that he'd be looking at a month or so out. Maybe more. Then Fergie said he's reacted well and he'd be TRAINING fully again in two weeks.

If he came back tomorrow or even next week then he'd be ahead of schedule.

No one has said he'll be back so we should assume he's still out and I don't see why everyone thought he'd be back.

I hope he features at some stage next weekend so that he's got some minutes under his belt ready for Arsenal the week after. It's vital he plays in that game.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't see why everyone is getting wound up. We found out after the Roma game that he'd be looking at a month or so out. Maybe more. Then Fergie said he's reacted well and he'd be TRAINING fully again in two weeks.

If he came back tomorrow or even next week then he'd be ahead of schedule.

No one has said he'll be back so we should assume he's still out and I don't see why everyone thought he'd be back.

I hope he features at some stage next weekend so that he's got some minutes under his belt ready for Arsenal the week after. It's vital he plays in that game.

I think there are 2 major issues. Firstly the total confusion of the messages coming out of the club over a number of injuries is frustrating a lot of fans, It doesn't help when the player himself stirs this particular pot either. Secondly there'sa certain section of people who are enjoying the opportunity Hargers injury is providiong for "I told you so-ing". As I say, he'll get back from this and will prove a great asset.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:11 PM
The Return of JC

Fergie said there won't be much of a change from the Wigan game so I'd expect a similar line up with Fletcher thrown into the mix.

The fact that no one has come back from international with any knocks is a relief. Especially Rooney because he took a knock and put a lot in on that shitty pitch.

Unread 19-10-2007, 02:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Fergie said there won't be much of a change from the Wigan game so I'd expect a similar line up with Fletcher thrown into the mix.

The fact that no one has come back from international with any knocks is a relief. Especially Rooney because he took a knock and put a lot in on that shitty pitch.

So Wes at RB, Fletcher and Scholes in midfield with Giggs.Real shame in my opinion for Anderson and Simpson if they are shoved back out by mid-20s squad players.
Closed Thread