United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Switching Off

Football Super Jonny Evans on formations, the manager etc

Quote:
“The fact that the formation has changed a lot has taught the lads an awful lot. Coming into games, if we do have any changes in formation I think it is a big plus for us to have. The fact we are using different formations against different teams can only benefit us in the long run.”

United have been criticised on occasion for not being entertaining yet Evans, pointing to team-mates such as Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Radamel Falcao, Ángel di María and Juan Mata, said: “When you get as many attacking players on the pitch as we’ve got you are always going to entertain. But the manager has done a lot of work in trying to steady the team and making sure everyone knows their jobs. Once we get that nailed on, and everyone knows their defensive jobs, then I think we’ll be able to push on from that and be really entertaining again.

“You can look at the formation changes and the personnel changes as well, plus the fact that there’s a lot of players who haven’t played together before, and he [the manager] is doing fantastically well in getting us organised. And as players we’re really benefitting from that.

“Going back to the start of the season, it was a bit mixed. Take the Leicester game – conceding five goals pushes the amount of goals conceded really high. But if you take that out of the equation, I still think we’ve defended all right in the league and long may that continue.”

After the defeat of Cambridge Van Gaal said United are favourites for the Cup and advised that his side are worth a bet to win it. “You want to win everything but it is such a historic trophy, especially for Manchester United, and the fact that the league is still not gone but not looking likely, the FA Cup looks our best chance of a trophy, especially considering some of the teams that have gone out,” said Evans.

“We’re the highest-ranked team left in the competition now. It was a bit of a shock sitting at home hearing the news that Chelsea and City had gone out. But we know from our own experiences all about upsets. Leeds came here a few years ago and beat us so we know upsets can happen in the FA Cup.”

United are five points behind second-placed Manchester City as they prepare for the trip to West Ham United for Sunday afternoon’s late game. “West Ham is never an easy game at the best of times, never mind the fact that this season they have been on a great run and are playing with a lot of confidence,” said Evans.

Of the bid to secure a Champions League berth, he added: “We’d like to pull away but we know football doesn’t work like that. Arsenal have gone on a bit of a run, so have Liverpool – they are coming really strong. They are the big teams we will be looking out for. And obviously you have Spurs and West Ham as well while Southampton have been on a fantastic run.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...louis-van-gaal

Unread 05-02-2015, 09:33 AM
My Name is Keith

Knows he's toast - decent kiss arse offensive tbf. Could have mentioned something about lvg's unique handsomeness if he was going to really push it.

Unread 05-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Cream

Pls leave.

(not you, Keith).

Unread 05-02-2015, 10:00 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Pls leave.

(not you, Keith).
as in 'not you Johhny, Keith'

Unread 05-02-2015, 12:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
£#%&! me. what does that first paragraph even mean (apart from "please pick me")?

gormless £#%&!wit.

Unread 05-02-2015, 12:49 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"But the manager has done a lot of work in trying to steady the team and making sure everyone knows their jobs. Once we get that nailed on, and everyone knows their defensive jobs, then I think we’ll be able to push on from that and be really entertaining again."

Just start with your best 11 Louis and play the outfield players in their best positions - they´re professional footballers ffs. Stop confusing the world in an attempt to deliver a unique brand of football - it simply doesn´t exist.

Unread 05-02-2015, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
£#%&! me. what does that first paragraph even mean?
It means the lads are all in awe of the big man with the folder

Unread 05-02-2015, 03:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It means the lads are all in awe of the big man with the folder
"it's good for us all to be confused. I'm not sure why, which means I have got it. I think."

Unread 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
"it's good for us all to be confused. I'm not sure why, which means I have got it. I think."
"How many goals have we conceded in our last 16 games? Just 8? Correct "

Unread 05-02-2015, 03:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Mainly because Evans hasn't played in many of them.

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:04 PM
jem

Quote:
we just pray carrick doesn't get injured. oh.

but at least van persie, rooney and falcao are scoring a shitload? oh.

de gea's not leaving is he?

yeah, but it's fun to watch right? anyone? hellooooo? oh.

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we just pray carrick doesn't get injured. oh.

but at least van persie, rooney and falcao are scoring a shitload? oh.

de gea's not leaving is he?

yeah, but it's fun to watch right? anyone? hellooooo? oh.

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:11 PM
jem

Quote:
the glass is two-thirds full.

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:20 PM
S/Side.Red

He's got himself a magnificent looking beer there ffs.

As per

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:22 PM
forwardirektion

Big Louis is deffo gonna go all out for pride this year i reckon

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:36 PM
red in cumbria

Super Jonny Evans - as said by nobody on this planet, ever.

Unread 05-02-2015, 04:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
kev used to think so.

Unread 05-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Looked like a brilliant prospect at one stage.

No idea what happened to him after 2009

Unread 05-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Knows he's toast - decent kiss arse offensive tbf. Could have mentioned something about lvg's unique handsomeness if he was going to really push it.
Reminds me of that press confence Cleverley did preseason where he said he had watched Holland at the World Cup and he thought he would be Van Gaals type of player.

Unread 05-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
That was when he grew a v****a.
Yes but why?

Physical players wouldn't have been anything new to him after playing in The Championship.

Why the sudden difficulty?
Closed Thread