United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mourinho is pragmatic, the long goal of the club it to be back challenging for the CL, Mou will take that in steps, he will not sacrifice the short term. Lukaku might help us win the league, but if he deems him not good enough to meet his next goal he will quickly dump him and demand the club get the best available. Never been shy about spending or fighting with his club for more money.

We need much more Rashford, Pogba, Miki, Mata, Martial. It is why I am not convinced by Lukaku, his all round game is flawed, if he or Zlat/Ruud, any dominant scorer hits 30 but inhibits the play of others that total is far less valuable than it looks. Mou is too smart to take him out of his comfort zone though, have to wait to see how it works out.
Agreed again. Essentially, don't doubt his individual ability to score goals, but will he improve the team?

Let see!

Unread 08-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If Costa signs for AM, Griezmann arrives in Jan imo.

Idea for Lukaku song. (Tune is Who are you, by The Who)

(half the ppl sing) Lukaku. Lu Lu. Lu. Lu.
(other half sing) I really want a goal.

off twitter

Unread 08-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mourinho is pragmatic, the long goal of the club it to be back challenging for the CL, Mou will take that in steps, he will not sacrifice the short term. Lukaku might help us win the league, but if he deems him not good enough to meet his next goal he will quickly dump him and demand the club get the best available. Never been shy about spending or fighting with his club for more money.

We need much more Rashford, Pogba, Miki, Mata, Martial. It is why I am not convinced by Lukaku, his all round game is flawed, if he or Zlat/Ruud, any dominant scorer hits 30 but inhibits the play of others that total is far less valuable than it looks. Mou is too smart to take him out of his comfort zone though, have to wait to see how it works out.
Stages

SAF did the same. Dixon Dublin, Micky, Donaghy etc.... A platform to build and improve upon. We all know Jose hasn't been a stayer so far. Hardly surprising at Madrid and Chelsea but hopefully, has learned and matured. Can't believe he wouldn't have done. Loads of experience and early days, yet. Reckon he'll want a lasting effort as much as we do.

Unread 08-07-2017, 12:52 PM
silv

This been posted yet? Lad
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/romelu-...-party-reports

Unread 08-07-2017, 12:57 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Am convinced he'll play for Utd. There'd be such great camaraderie in our team if he does.

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Arrested ?

Top Red already

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:06 PM
jem

interesting development.

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
interesting development.
arrested

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
arrested
thanks.

*sigh*

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:43 PM
carrick_16

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:45 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
What would you do without Twitter?

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Alan

Quote:
Don't think he quite fits the mould of a Mourinho shit on a stick merchant tbh. He's far too slight in physique and too skillful.

He'd be better off staying in Spain where everyone else United couldn't sign is staying IMO. They appreciate skill over muscle there.

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Don't think he quite fits the mould of a Mourinho shit on a stick merchant tbh. He's far too slight in physique and too skillful.

He'd be better off staying in Spain where everyone else United couldn't sign is staying IMO. They appreciate skill over muscle there.
That's some serious tune change on the manager..

Unread 08-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Alan

Quote:
That's some serious tune change on the manager..
It's a serious change in players. Griezmann, Morata, Lukaku. It's a decrease in skill and an increase in muscle as you go down the list

I gave the bloke a year, unlike you who got on his back straight away but it looks like you and siders were right from the start.

Clearly his promises to have United 'play a different way' to how his chelsea side played was a load of balls. New contract for bogbrush only a matter of time and Dier or Matic will just about finish me off tbh.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
It's a serious change in players. Griezmann, Morata, Lukaku. It's a decrease in skill and an increase in muscle as you go down the list

I gave the bloke a year, unlike you who got on his back straight away but it looks like you and siders were right from the start.

Clearly his promises to have United 'play a different way' to how his chelsea side played was a load of balls. New contract for bogbrush only a matter of time and Dier or Matic will just about finish me off tbh.
Shall we maybe see how the team develops under him before condemning the tactics he hasn't yet deployed, using players we haven't signed?

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

United just need to score more goals, it really is that simple. This whole "playing the right way" is a load of old codswallop.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
United just need to score more goals, it really is that simple. This whole "playing the right way" is a load of old codswallop.
Leicester scored loads season before last, don't recall you being overly enamoured with them..

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Leicester scored loads season before last, don't recall you being overly enamoured with them..
I'm biased in that respect because I despise them and vardy

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm biased in that respect because I despise them and vardy
Fair point.

Unread 08-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Buck

That video with Pogba is cringe
Closed Thread