United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-10-2020, 10:41 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s like they’re all in some weird little competition to be the most outraged and reactionary over United. Utterly bizarre
Quite .The only rationale that logically makes any kind of sense is that they are either scouse/bertie wums or totally deranged in their understanding of the meaning of supporting a team

Unread 18-10-2020, 10:46 PM
barca99

Kane is pure quality, that first goal Lanzinis equalizer aswell

2 goals that would get into Cavanis top 10

£#%&! Spurs and Mourinho!

Unread 18-10-2020, 10:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Quite .The only rationale that logically makes any kind of sense is that they are either scouse/bertie wums or totally deranged in their understanding of the meaning of supporting a team
I don’t think they all are. Social media, Twitter in particular, seems to have driven this thing where it’s kinda cool and enlightened to slag off your own club constantly. Rather than than do what normal fans do, and suck it up then just get on with it, with a sense of (probably misplaced) optimism.

Unread 18-10-2020, 10:55 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
I don’t think they all are. Social media, Twitter in particular, seems to have driven this thing where it’s kinda cool and enlightened to slag off your own club constantly. Rather than than do what normal fans do, and suck it up then just get on with it, with a sense of (probably misplaced) optimism.
Maybe but I still don't get it or how they can find pissing all over the bed so obviously rewarding

'All always look on the bright side of life' > social media doom fairies

Unread 18-10-2020, 11:02 PM
20LEgend1999

Being doomy is the easy way. If you're critical of everything and right, you can say I told you so. When you're wrong, it doesn't matter because the club is doing well.

Unread 18-10-2020, 11:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Spoilt

That's it.

Spoilt, fergie wiped their arses for so long they've never been used to this ...

Unread 19-10-2020, 09:17 AM
Big Norm

Lol.

Unread 19-10-2020, 09:30 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
You’re bang on re: social media, would even go further back to Internet forums in general. I remember following one band in particular who I thought (and still think) made good music. Thing is, you’d sign up to their forum and post something positive and all you’d get is “They’re awful now, youve missed the good years” and “oh look the mainstream fans are in”. The lead singer and songwriter would post and his own fans would be calling him a useless @#%&! etc. In the end he just stopped posting.

They’re like hipster football fans - “I preferred their early stuff”.

Unread 19-10-2020, 09:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You’re bang on re: social media, would even go further back to Internet forums in general. I remember following one band in particular who I thought (and still think) made good music. Thing is, you’d sign up to their forum and post something positive and all you’d get is “They’re awful now, youve missed the good years” and “oh look the mainstream fans are in”. The lead singer and songwriter would post and his own fans would be calling him a useless c*** etc. In the end he just stopped posting.

They’re like hipster football fans - “I preferred their early stuff”.
tbf I preferred United's earlier stuff .

Unread 19-10-2020, 09:38 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The acoustic period

Unread 19-10-2020, 09:39 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
poor wording on my part. There has to be a balance though. Sparky is def on a wum half the time but you look at someone like Marlo who’s just waiting for us to fail and you wonder what’s the point in supporting us? Are they even supporting us if they’re hoping for failure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
The acoustic period
I liked the Bringing It All Back Home era - a good combination of acoustic and electric, and we brought it all back home

Unread 19-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
poor wording on my part. There has to be a balance though. Sparky is def on a wum half the time but you look at someone like Marlo who’s just waiting for us to fail and you wonder what’s the point in supporting us? Are they even supporting us if they’re hoping for failure?

I liked the Bringing It All Back Home era - a good combination of acoustic and electric, and we brought it all back home

Marlo isn’t a United fan.
In fact he’s not even a football fan.

He’s just interested in the next B list ‘star’ he can hang out of the back of.
Closed Thread