United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

What luck was that?
Er, when their keeper lost his head and came for a ball he had no chance of getting, and the ball hit the woodwork multiple times before spinning a few inches over the line?

Unread 05-12-2016, 03:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Yes the odds will change as the landscape changes that's the nature of odds Getting in while your confident before the odds fall or if ive put the bet on climb of course

Somebody asked what is our best chance of qualifying for the Champions league, and according to the bookies (who are the indisputably the biggest experts in the world playing the game of chance btw) AT THIS MOMENT the league is our best chance. It not rocket science is it. Its black and white. It not open to discussion or conjecture the professionals estimate we have almost twice as much chance of finishing top 4 than winning the uefa cup. If you don't agree then take them to the cleaners we are 4/11 to finish outside the top 4 so put your millions on that since your so confident

all you needed to do was quote the odds.

I won't be betting on us qualifying either way. not going to happen. might put something on mourinho being gone before the transfer window closes, though.

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
A few games we've played considerably better than the "average" performance from last year. A few games have been at pretty much the same level (yesterday was one of those) and a couple of games have arguably been worse.

I don't need to cut him any slack, I'm not for one minute saying he should be sacked or isn't the right man. Just calling it as I see it, and it hasn't been good enough so far, and a lot of that is down to Mourinho so far.
Arguably only two really bad games so far this season - Watford and Chelsea (also Fenerbahce away, perhaps)

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

all you needed to do was quote the odds.

I won't be betting on us qualifying either way. not going to happen. might put something on mourinho being gone before the transfer window closes, though.

I did, it was you who went off on some magical mystery tour, which is so unlike you u ok honey bunny?

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Arguably only two really bad games so far this season - Watford and Chelsea (also Fenerbahce away, perhaps)
Zorya was shite too iirc

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Let's be honest, bar one or two isolated games United have been largely £#%&!ing shite since last November.

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Zorya was shite too iirc
We did win.

Even some of these mythical "great performances" where we were so cruelly denied the points weren't much £#%&!ing fun at the time. Burnley for instance. Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let's be honest, bar one or two isolated games United have been largely £#%&!ing shite since 2011.

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
All true ... Come back when you actually step away from your sky remote
Eat a salad and read a book, cretin.

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
I did, it was you who went off on some magical mystery tour, which is so unlike you u ok honey bunny?

was fine. starting to feel uncomfortable now.

Unread 05-12-2016, 04:48 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Eat a salad and read a book, cretin.
I'm fine on both pal. You better hurry up mutv news on shortly

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I'm fine on both pal. You better hurry up mutv news on shortly
are you on the phone-in again then?

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Er, when their keeper lost his head and came for a ball he had no chance of getting, and the ball hit the woodwork multiple times before spinning a few inches over the line?
Our definition of luck is different.

I'd call that bad goalkeeping and accurate finishing.

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:12 PM
jem

Quote:
I'd call it bad goalkeeping and lucky finishing.

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd call it bad goalkeeping and lucky finishing.
Was he trying to miss?

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Was he trying to miss?
shocking miss from eric at chelsea tbf

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Our definition of luck is different.

Call it what you like, but you're wrong if you don't see there was a large element of luck in that goal.

Unread 05-12-2016, 05:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Was he trying to miss?
he's an enigma. but probably not. hence why it was lucky. I'd imagine he was probably trying to put less on the bounce.

Unread 05-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's an enigma. but probably not. hence why it was lucky. I'd imagine he was probably trying to put less on the bounce.
yeah well either that or land it closer

Unread 05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah well either that or land it closer
that would work too.

Unread 05-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that would work too.