United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:13 PM
AK14

Default Andreas Pereira

Top performance tonight from the kid and hopefully he keeps it up

The role seems to suit his style tbf, very good in possession and good vision.

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Sparky***

I was very impressed with his passing and composure on the ball to be honest.

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:15 PM
TheFatGoth

Thumbs up

Reminded me of a young Rodrigo Possebon

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Drexl

Take a bow son

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Still remember that Podgaetz "challenge"

@#%&!.

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

At the very least he should be ahead of Herrera, Fellaini and The Scottish Player

If he’s performing that deep role better than Matic then he should be kept in the team

Motm for me
Great range of passing and solid defensively

Could be seen as our 4th signing this summer and based off his performances so far a 50 million plus signing

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Sparky***

Mou making a point of bigging him up in the post match

Unread 10-08-2018, 09:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Mou making a point of bigging him up in the post match
Just watched it...

He sounds like a big fan

Hopefully he gets plenty of games, whether it’s in this role or possibly from the right in place of Mata?

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:02 PM
windy waffles

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Top performance tonight from the kid and hopefully he keeps it up

The role seems to suit his style tbf, very good in possession and good vision.
Didn't even notice him tbh

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:06 PM
suedeshoes

Nice player in theory. Spanglish Cleverly.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Nice player in theory. Spanglish Cleverly.
This.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Thought he was poor.

Unread 10-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Seamus

I thought he was bang average. He looked for the sideway or backward pass too often. That’s all he has ever done when I have watched him. He’s 23 in January, so he’s hardly a kid.

Unread 10-08-2018, 11:01 PM
AK14

(Actually have no idea if those stats are good or not tbf)

Unread 11-08-2018, 08:31 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If he’s performing that deep role better than Matic then he should be kept in
er.... not instead of matic, you joker. might allow us to sell pogba, though.

Unread 11-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Tiberian

More progressive passer than Matic from that position. Matic was solid last year but he was extremely unambitious with his passing for long periods of games. Contributed to but was rarely blamed for the pedestrian passing from the back, more frustrating from Matic because he has the ability to take on more creative responsibility.

A Pereira/Fred/Pogba midfield has interesting potential, a lot more dynamic than with Matic/Fellaini/Herrera, but would require Pogba to continue in this more rounded mode.

However if we continue with Lindelof and Bailly as the pairing Matic is bound to come straight back in. Mou will not risk having 3 aerial weaknesses together in such key defensive spots.

Unread 11-08-2018, 06:01 PM
puressence

Great having forward passing midf amazed we had 3 onnthe pitch at the same time

Unread 11-08-2018, 08:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
More progressive passer than Matic from that position. Matic was solid last year but he was extremely unambitious with his passing for long periods of games. Contributed to but was rarely blamed for the pedestrian passing from the back, more frustrating from Matic because he has the ability to take on more creative responsibility.

A Pereira/Fred/Pogba midfield has interesting potential, a lot more dynamic than with Matic/Fellaini/Herrera, but would require Pogba to continue in this more rounded mode.

However if we continue with Lindelof and Bailly as the pairing Matic is bound to come straight back in. Mou will not risk having 3 aerial weaknesses together in such key defensive spots.
In that role, ability to read a game and the physicality and technique to win the ball are far more important than incisive passing. If you can get all four then you’ll have a 100m+ player on your hands. I wouldn’t want Pereira in there against anyone good yet tbh.

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Think you're being very harsh on Matic there, Tibs.

Along with Dave, I'd say he was the reason United finished with the second lowest goals conceded total last season - he spent much of his on-pitch time protecting the back four.

As far as creative forward passing goes, you could see him looking for the through pass every time he brought the ball forward, but the front line was most often so static that his options were severely limited.

I'd always have him in a midfield three when he's fit.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Think you're being very harsh on Matic there, Tibs.

Along with Dave, I'd say he was the reason United finished with the second lowest goals conceded total last season - he spent much of his on-pitch time protecting the back four.

As far as creative forward passing goes, you could see him looking for the through pass every time he brought the ball forward, but the front line was most often so static that his options were severely limited.

I'd always have him in a midfield three when he's fit.
Agreed
Andreas was very good, but Matic was excellent last season. Any moans about his lack of progressive passing should be aimed at the players ahead of him who generally offered £#%&! all movement. Great to have some depth in that role .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
er.... not instead of matic, you joker. might allow us to sell pogba, though.
Sell Pogba ?
Closed Thread